• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

m&d can go fuck off to Mudland if they want to wear tudung.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP did the right thing to ban the hijab from frontline civil service jobs. The hard truth is that if PAP made tudung optional for these jobs, moslem hardliners would harass all m&d and moslem women into wearing the hijab. This has happened in mudland and in the more radical parts of indonesia.
But sikhs are allowed to wear turban

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because Sikhs don't go around bullying other non-turban Sikhs into wearing turbans. islam and their cocksuckers enjoy bullying others in the name of their fake moon god.
That is a big problem.anyone trying to coerce others should be sack or punished. That includes the people behind speak mandarin campaign.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
People can wear anything they want, but to modify certain uniforms just to show you're 'inclusive'... please go find another profession or go to a country where such sentiments have a more receptive crowd. :rolleyes:

3ef6ab4afdfc91f7623758bf48abccf1.jpg
Such a turn on!

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Islam is archaic for sure. It’s barbaric coercion for their women to wear tudung or cover their nice bodies only serves to produce deprived child raping fathers. Minahs are the horniest girls around. You have no idea how much they wish to show their bodies.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Islam is archaic for sure. It’s barbaric coercion for their women to wear tudung or cover their nice bodies only serves to produce deprived child raping fathers. Minahs are the horniest girls around. You have no idea how much they wish to show their bodies.
I think the horniest are chinese. Every 1 out if 5 people on the planet are chibese.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP did the right thing to ban the hijab from frontline civil service jobs. The hard truth is that if PAP made tudung optional for these jobs, moslem hardliners would harass all m&d and moslem women into wearing the hijab. This has happened in mudland and in the more radical parts of indonesia.
Pap did not do enough. If not why makcik n pap MPs are allowed to wear tudung?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not b voting for sdp...they are just advocating for the tyranny of the minority

Theindependent
He posted a photo of his sister at work as a nurse in Australia, wearing the tudung
Screen-Shot-2021-03-22-at-11.54.54-AM.png
FB screengrab: Damanhuri Bin Abas
Author
- Advertisement -
Singapore—It seems that the tudung issue, discussed in Parliament earlier this month, has not yet died down.
Mr Damanhuri Bin Abas, a politician from the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), has weighed in on the matter in a Facebook post, even tagging Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong “to seriously consider this view and feedback I share and relook the policy,” he wrote on Sunday (Mar 21).
In his Budget debate speech on Feb 24, Workers’ Party MP Faisal Manap suggested that Muslim nurses wear the tudung as part of their uniform.
- Advertisement -
“We don’t want patients to prefer or not prefer to be served by a Muslim nurse, nor do we want people to think that public security is being enforced by a Muslim or non-Muslim officer,” he said.
In his post, Mr Damanhuri wrote that “the Muslim community has left this issue unresolved for more than 50 years since independence”.
He acknowledged the reason the Government has given for disallowing the tudung, but added that he wishes the Government would make an effort to reconsider its policy.
“Even if it does not want to budge from its core reasoning, surely it must have some sympathy to bend it somewhat to cater to those who sincerely do seek employment in the health sector, amidst a dismal job market, choosing the nursing profession as their preferred option while maintaining their desire to observe Islamic attire requirements i.e., the tudung,” he wrote.
He said he believes he speaks for “the silent group of Muslim women in the nursing profession” who follow the prescribed uniform by removing their headdresses, despite this going against their beliefs.
Mr Damanhuri also wrote about his own sister, a nurse, who left Singapore and now practises nursing in Australia along with her husband, who is also a nurse.
He added a photo of his sister at work, wearing the tudung.
161695428_10157810632831752_8226734139181844829_o.jpeg
FB screengrab: Damanhuri Bin Abas
“She worked as a nurse in SGH from 1992. She had to make this hard choice and painful decision after coping for many years as a nurse removing her tudung to observe the dress requirements imposed on her – a daily sacrifice for an honest income to perform her professional role as a nurse.
“She had believed and waited for many years that the policy would change but was disappointed.
“In 2003, after working for 10 years as a nurse, they left Singapore and became Australian citizens. Sadly a loss for Singapore.”
He added that he is now “personally” reaching out to PM Lee for a rethinking of Singapore’s tudung policy.
The SDP politician added, “Finally, I have decided to also explore the legal route too. At least, I know I will have exhausted all means possible here. I will seek help and advice from members of the legal fraternity whom I will be approaching to move this forward. I also humbly hope for the understanding and support from everyone in Singapore for this effort I am embarking on, regardless of race or religion.”
/TISG
Follow us on Social Media
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email
Send in your scoops to [email protected]
- Advertisement -

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely change in stance on nurses wearing the tudung; issue discussed with Muslim religious leaders in August: Shanmugam
K Shanmugam Religious Rehabilitation Group
Mr K Shanmugam speaking at the Khadijah Mosque Auditorium on Mar 23, 2021.
Bookmark
SINGAPORE: There is “likely to be a change” in the Government’s stance on nurses donning the tudung, Minister for Home Affairs K Shanmugam said on Tuesday (Mar 23), adding that this was an issue he discussed with Muslim religious leaders six months ago in a closed-door dialogue.

The Government is “consulting with the community before we make a change”, said Mr Shanmugam, who was speaking at a dialogue session at Khadijah Mosque, organised by the Religious Rehabilitation Group (RRG) as part of its quarterly engagement.

He was responding to a question about nurses wearing the tudung at work, an issue that was raised in Parliament about two weeks ago.

Mr Shanmugam, who is also Law Minister, recounted a meeting he had with officers from Islamic non-governmental organisation Pergas and Muslim religious leaders Ustaz Ali Mohamed and Ustaz Pasuni Maulan in August last year.

“You asked me about nurses wearing tudung,” he said.

“I told you very frankly: We can see good reasons why nurses should be allowed to wear tudung if they choose to do so, and I said this was being discussed internally. And after that, our view - there is likely to be a change.”

They spoke in private about how women wear the tudung in many parts of government departments, including in the healthcare sector, he said.

“Our President wears tudung. Parliament MPs wear tudung. I also said if you only look at that one point, nurses wearing a tudung, it would not be an issue. The rules would have been changed long ago.

“But it was connected to other factors, so we had to make careful considerations,” he said.

In private, they had to weigh the “different considerations against each other, and reach a judgment”, Mr Shanmugam said.

SPEAKING IN PUBLIC AND IN PRIVATE

“We spoke frankly, behind closed doors. In private I was able to share with you candidly our position, and the sensitivities and difficulties we worry about,” he said.

However, in public, “we are careful about how all of this is discussed”, he added.

He noted that Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs Masagos Zulkifli said in Parliament two weeks ago that the Government is “empathetic”.

“What does he mean, when he says Government is empathetic? It is that we understand the feelings of those who wish nurses to be allowed to wear the tudung. It is to signal flexibility. He didn’t say no,” Mr Shanmugam explained.

But there was “lots of misunderstanding” about what was said by Mr Masagos and Second Minister for Education and Foreign Affairs Maliki Osman, Mr Shanmugam said.

Mr Masagos had said in Parliament on Mar 8: “We emphathise with the views of those who want to don the tudung as part of their uniform in nursing.”

“For sensitive issues like the wearing of tudung in the workplace, where uniforms are required, we continue to have discussions and consultations with the community, our community, especially, behind closed doors. We previously engaged unions, religious teachers, and respected members of the community, and they understand why we have adopted our current approach on uniforms in the Public Service,” he added.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese trying to force malay wear mini skirts. It just won't fit. The thighs are too big. Malay body not suitable for designer dresses. Better let them cover up.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
No, they can fuck off to middle east if they want to cover themselves like Arab. South East Asia like Malaysia and Singapore should dress like this.
image-asset.png
690400fac1d79d6e1ee4ae79d617da54.jpg
Yes head scarves and other protective covers were and still are worn by men and women in the middle east to shield them from the sun and sand. It's a practical solution for them. Somehow this practice became religious.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes head scarves and other protective covers were and still are worn by men and women in the middle east to shield them from the sun and sand. It's a practical solution for them. Somehow this practice became religious.

That's because Islam has by and large copied the culture of 7th century Arabia wholesale. The language, the attire, the customs. Then transplanted that to the modern era in all countries.

When it comes to attire, cosplaying to showcase your piety is more important than pragmatic considerations e.g. will you die of heatstroke wearing a full burqa while chilling at the Sentosa beach on a hot afternoon. They believe that even if you're suffering or inconvenience this way by your own obstinate lifestyle choices, it's worth it for you gain brownie points to gain access to the blissful afterlife. :rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That's because Islam has by and large copied the culture of 7th century Arabia wholesale. The language, the attire, the customs. Then transplanted that to the modern era in all countries.

When it comes to attire, cosplaying to showcase your piety is more important than pragmatic considerations e.g. will you die of heatstroke wearing a full burqa while chilling at the Sentosa beach on a hot afternoon. They believe that even if you're suffering or inconvenience this way by your own obstinate lifestyle choices, it's worth it for you gain brownie points to gain access to the blissful afterlife. :rolleyes:
This is a classic case of salah copy (or copy salah?). Humans are supposed to be smarter than that woh. Yes, ancient attire can be used in cosplay and for heritage events. But as an everyday wear, it's just plain stupid. Not even quaint, just stupid.

Examples below are all from 7th century. If ang mohs still wear this type of attire in this day and age, we'd be :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

e93f3b1abd447734c9938526d8b5e915.jpg

Soldiers in uniform :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
2bc9b94b92b18e407480af737167780e.jpg

Chinks wearing this everyday today:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Ancient-Chinese-clothing-timeline-Hanfu-development-Ming-dynasty-10.jpg

I hope now muslims can see how stupid and ludicrous they make their women look.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Because Sikhs don't go around bullying other non-turban Sikhs into wearing turbans. islam and their cocksuckers enjoy bullying others in the name of their fake moon god.
There are in fact many moon deities. So which one is real har? Which one do I pray to?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a classic case of salah copy (or copy salah?). Humans are supposed to be smarter than that woh. Yes, ancient attire can be used in cosplay and for heritage events. But as an everyday wear, it's just plain stupid. Not even quaint, just stupid.

Examples below are all from 7th century. If ang mohs still wear this type of attire in this day and age, we'd be :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

e93f3b1abd447734c9938526d8b5e915.jpg

Soldiers in uniform :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
2bc9b94b92b18e407480af737167780e.jpg

Chinks wearing this everyday today:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Ancient-Chinese-clothing-timeline-Hanfu-development-Ming-dynasty-10.jpg

I hope now muslims can see how stupid and ludicrous they make their women look.
Dont laugh...the ah tiongs r going back to the past

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not voting for WP for I do not support the demands n tyranny of the minority

WP’s Yee Jenn Jong disagrees with Minister Masagos Zulkifli’s statement about nurses wanting to wear tudung at work - The Online Citizen Asia
yeejennjong-629x375-1.png

Workers’ Party (WP) politician and former Non-Constituency Member of Parliament (NCMP) Yee Jenn Jong on Wednesday (24 Mar) expressed his discomfort with the statement made by Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs Masagos Zulkifli in Parliament recently regarding the issue of nurses being allowed to wear tudung at work.
Speaking in a Committee of Supply debate in Parliament earlier this month, Mr Masagos reiterated the Singapore government’s secular stance on the issue of allowing Muslim women to wear the tudung in uniformed professions such as nursing and the police force.
The sensitive nature of such issues necessitates “closed-door discussions” and consultations with the community, said Mr Masagos during a debate in Parliament on the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth’s budget for Muslim affairs for the upcoming financial year on 8 March.
Aljunied GRC and Workers’ Party Member of Parliament (MP) Faisal Manap had earlier asked the Government whether it would reevaluate its ban on the religious headgear for women working in uniformed services, stating that the rule has prevented many Muslim women from taking up such roles.
Allowing nurses to wear the hijab at work, thus, could expand the local pool of nurses, he illustrated.
Mr Masagos in his response said that allowing the donning of the tudung “would introduce a very visible religious marker that identifies every tudung-wearing female nurse or uniformed officer as a Muslim”.
“This has significant implications: We do not want patients to prefer or not prefer to be served by a Muslim nurse, nor do we want people to think that public security is being enforced by a Muslim or non-Muslim police officer. This is what makes the decision difficult and sensitive,” said Mr Masagos.
In response to this particular statement, Mr Yee said in a Facebook post that it makes him uncomfortable as it makes non-Muslim Singaporeans “seem narrow-minded”.
He explained that it has been 56 years since Singapore’s independence and that the people must have made much progress in their thinking due to decades of national education and conscious racial mixing in the community.
“It has been 56 years. We have decades of national education and deliberate racial mixing in the community. We have a tudung wearing President and tudung wearing MPs. The education level of our country is very high now and many travel or work globally. Surely, we must have made much progress in our thinking,” Mr Yee said.
“Even some first-world western democracies have found ways to allow tudung designs that can be used for healthcare or security work, without these interfering with their work.”
Mr Yee added that 56 years is a long time and it covers two to three generations.
“Yes, race issues are still sensitive and we need to be mindful of the feelings of others in our community. However, I have no reason to judge anyone’s capabilities based on what they wear on their head.
“It is what’s inside their head that matters. If they are a qualified doctor or nurse or an officer, then I am happy to be served by them,” the WP member noted.
As an example, Mr Yee said he worked with many artists in one of his education ventures, and half of their staff or independent artists are Muslims.
One fine day, a long-time staff came to the office donning a tudung for the first time.
“She explained that it is a decision she made with her husband and why it is important. It helped me understand why the issue is important to Muslims,” Mr Yee said.
He continued, “She continued to go to the schools and preschools we work with, including faith-based schools. No one said anything to me about her change in attire or had any issue with it, not for the past 3 years since she decided to don the tudung daily.”
Nurses likely allowed to don tudung
In regards to this issue, Law and Home Affairs Minister K Shanmugam said on Tuesday (23 March) that it is likely that nurses who wish to don the garment at work will be allowed to do so once the Government concludes its internal discussions on the matter.
He added that this had been relayed during a closed-door discussion with senior religious leaders and members of the Religious Rehabilitation Group (RRG) more than six months ago.
“In public, we are careful of how all of this is discussed. So, on tudung, Mr Masagos said in Parliament that the Government is empathetic, and the matter is being discussed. What does he mean when he says the Government is empathetic?
“It is that we understand the feelings of those who wish that nurses be allowed to wear the tudung. It is to signal flexibility. He didn’t say ‘no’,” said Mr Shanmugam.
“The clearest indications of our position is what I said to you six months ago. Mr Masagos and I were both stating the Government’s position. But because he was speaking in Parliament, in public, he had to be more general, whereas I could be more direct with you, in private.”
Commenting on this, Mr Yee said in his post that it makes Mr Masagos’s statement in Parliament “quite puzzling” if this issue was more or less decided six months ago, as pointed out by Mr Shanmugam.
Mr Yee wondered why this issue was not better communicated among MPs to offer “some thoughts on the progress that is being made”.
“Is not Shan’s statement also quite public – it is a response to a question that will be reported by mainstream media, just two weeks after that parliament statement,” Mr Yee noted.
“Yes, we need to make real progress on this issue.”
Share this: