• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lost Laptop in Geylang

RedHeadGeneral

Hi all, I lost my laptop in geylang, is there any one who know where can I possibly find my laptop back or even buy it back? my data inside is very important. Please advice.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi all, I lost my laptop in geylang, is there any one who know where can I possibly find my laptop back or even buy it back? my data inside is very important. Please advice.

Should be "Please ADVISE.".

"Advice" is a noun.

If you can remember which house you were visiting, I suggest you try giving the OKT a call. The whore may have handed it in on the way out.

RedHeadGeneral

sorry, it is not lost inside the houses, i parked my car on the roadside... glass kana break, and laptop stole.... there goes my laptop. any lobang on how to find it back?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
sorry, it is not lost inside the houses, i parked my car on the roadside... glass kana break, and laptop stole.... there goes my laptop. any lobang on how to find it back?

There's a huge difference between "losing a laptop" and having it stolen!:rolleyes:

If it was nicked from your car, chances of getting it back are zilch! Laptops are stolen so they can be sold..usually in some other country.

You can't "find" something that was stolen. You can only find something that you "lost".

If you have important data on your hard drive, you should be able to recover most of it from your MobileMe account if you have one.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal

which part of gelyang ?? next time i better dont bring my laptop when i go there.. so risky....

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sound like the laptop is a goner.
and the data is a goner too.
he should have made an backup

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
just remember always keep laptop inside car boot... i was too careless to put it at the passenger seat..

RedHead, may i know where you park your car? Cos most of the carpark over at the lorongs are quite brightly lit. Also, night time there are many people wlking around.
!&!!

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always lug your laptop along if there are confidential info inside even if you call chicken at Geylang. Might be a bit troublesome but it won't be more troublesome than ansering to your boss/company/regulator and risk losing you job.

Call chicken to your hotel also must be very careful. Heard from a friend that one of his colleague probably got drugged by the whore in his hotel room and everything including his laptop was stolen. Dunno how to answer to his boss.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What, u dun know the diff between lost and stolen? Moron. U deserve to have it stolen.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
stolen and lost got similarity and difference la.

lost is the result of own negligence & misplace it.
stole is the result of own negligence, leaving it unattended & easy for others to steal.

u dunno who stole it, even if u put up notice offering to buy back, u think the thief will bring it sell back to u meh? no choice la, gotta accept the fate.

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
stolen and lost got similarity and difference la.

lost is the result of own negligence & misplace it.
stole is the result of own negligence, leaving it unattended & easy for others to steal.

u dunno who stole it, even if u put up notice offering to buy back, u think the thief will bring it sell back to u meh? no choice la, gotta accept the fate.

The Police will give priority to recover your laptop if a crime has taken place, Stolen. If you Lost it - Lost and Found case. Unless you are somebody!

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you want a quick solution, you can try to go to those shops selling 2nd hand notebook , but there are many around the island. flip through The New Paper, and you will know.

most likely, the person who stole it, will sell it now.

If you report to police, i dont think police will act so fast unless it involved a major crime.

before you find it, better dont tell the shop that you are looking for stolen item... you know what i mean...

but once you found your notebook in the shop, then you better report police immediately, and dont pay a single cent.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is stolen..correct...

Mati no use 1.....I lost in 2007...police cannot do much!

There's a huge difference between "losing a laptop" and having it stolen!:rolleyes:

If it was nicked from your car, chances of getting it back are zilch! Laptops are stolen so they can be sold..usually in some other country.

You can't "find" something that was stolen. You can only find something that you "lost".

If you have important data on your hard drive, you should be able to recover most of it from your MobileMe account if you have one.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal

If there is a kind soul, you will get back not just data, your laptop as well.
I doubt there is but pray hard someone will.

Making a police report is just for recording purposes and in case someone surrender the lost laptop to the police, you will be contacted to identify your lost property until then they will not waste their time to find for you.

Hope you dont have private sex video/pic even if you have deleted them also can be recover, then be prepare to look out in the website if someone upload your private "movie". :biggrin: