• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looks can be deceiving...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you think they are tough soldiers? are they battle hardened enough?

nsmen1-limwuiliang.jpg

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
can use updated pic and not old pic or not...knn...uniform change already la....the design like shit now..

i got it from state times, maybe you can let them know...:biggrin:

i actually prefer the old design, than the new ones...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last battle-hardened Singapore troops were led by Mj-Gen. Lim Bo Seng who died in 1944 after capture by the Japanese Kempeitai. He was actually Bg-Gen at death, but ROC conferred him Mj-Gen rank posthumously to honour him. Lord Mountbatten's troops that returned in 1945 after Japanese surrender were also battle-hardened, but they were mostly British, Australian, NZ and Indian, not Singaporean.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last battle-hardened Singapore troops were led by Mj-Gen. Lim Bo Seng who died in 1944 after capture by the Japanese Kempeitai. He was actually Bg-Gen at death, but ROC conferred him Mj-Gen rank posthumously to honour him. Lord Mountbatten's troops that returned in 1945 after Japanese surrender were also battle-hardened, but they were mostly British, Australian, NZ and Indian, not Singaporean.

2570263914_81570a473b.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Bo Seng never even led a platoon to battle. He was never in battle. He was operating behind enemy lines but unfortunately was caught on his first intelligence seeking foray.

Thats the reason why there is no book dedicated to what he had done as it will be a short chapter. The best this govt has done is make a book using cartoons to get some thickness. There is no denying that he was fully dedicated to the cause but was never in a position to do more.

Lt Adnan led his platoon at Pasir Panjang Ridge which culminated in a fierce battle. Haven't seen a cenotaph for him.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
isn't this dedicated to people like him?

so that all japanese tourists can go and pay respects to them?

83885294gVplfP_fs.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim Bo Seng never even led a platoon to battle. He was never in battle. He was operating behind enemy lines but unfortunately was caught on his first intelligence seeking foray.

Thats the reason why there is no book dedicated to what he had done as it will be a short chapter. The best this govt has done is make a book using cartoons to get some thickness. There is no denying that he was fully dedicated to the cause but was never in a position to do more.

Lt Adnan led his platoon at Pasir Panjang Ridge which culminated in a fierce battle. Haven't seen a cenotaph for him.

I think I'd express this better in Chinese:

为将者,运筹帷幄。三军未出先被擒,长使英雄泪满襟。

Anyway, much much more admirable than to queue up at Kempeitai HR office looking for a job.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Bo Seng was remembered because of his villa and his wealth .
They want to pin hopes on a boy-scout with enough exposure which is unfortunate for him .
People living in those tumultuous times are better off left unseen and unheard .

No one remembers a John Doe .

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
By your reasoning, any one not working for the Japs during that time is a war hero.

I think I'd express this better in Chinese:

为将者,运筹帷幄。三军未出先被擒,长使英雄泪满襟。

Anyway, much much more admirable than to queue up at Kempeitai HR office looking for a job.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By your reasoning, any one not working for the Japs during that time is a war hero.

No, they're war victims. Then, there're fighters, supporters, dissenters, neutrals, appeasers and collaborators etc. Many categories. Don't try to put generalised word into my mouth. Teflon, remember? :biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
People sing a different tune when fear is upon them .

One can be a hero in one period and a collaborator and traitor in the next era !

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

1-3.jpg

Hahahaha! The Japanese had taught me and my prataman well in Chinese and Japanese languages.

And with the help of my prataman, we managed to catch him and passed him over to the Japs.

I am so proud of my achievement. But I cannot put that in my new book 'Men In White'.

I'll put that achievement in my new book to come called 'Evil In White'.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The word "admirable" did not come from me. So you admire victims, etc. Actually I would consider them as war heros if they did not work with or for the Japs.

No, they're war victims. Then, there're fighters, supporters, dissenters, neutrals, appeasers and collaborators etc. Many categories. Don't try to put generalised word into my mouth. Teflon, remember? :biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The word "admirable" did not come from me. So you admire victims, etc. Actually I would consider them as war heros if they did not work with or for the Japs.

The idea of this world is to survive ! No point dying prematurely. You can always live another day to fight someday .