• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local sinkaporeans completely diluted, no hope to save sinkapore liao!

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything you hear all singaporean but the locals who vote against their own kind are dying off. Why these locals want to vote PAP to kill their kind ?
Everything sinkaporean but all foreigners around, hahaha, these local bastards are bearing the brunt now, serve them right for another 50 years.

Low birth rate and lousy jobs are just a pretext to get FT policy going , so PAP stay in power regardless.

The equation---best paid Govt but a robot citizens.

You see why immigration is the solution---more new robot citizens to vote for PAP.

Sinkapore finished already, no hope for Oppo parties to save. The next GE will still see the same becos local voters are bastardly coward and stupid, they will continue to kill their own kind while new robots will take over sinkaporeans. All the ministers are just pawns and they will skip town when the damage is done.

Those PAP assholes who like to screw backsides must be happy now. They screw among themselves.

sinkapore is screwed by PAP assholes

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everything you hear all singaporean but the locals who vote against their own kind are dying off. Why these locals want to vote PAP to kill their kind ?
Everything sinkaporean but all foreigners around, hahaha, these local bastards are bearing the brunt now, serve them right for another 50 years.

Low birth rate and lousy jobs are just a pretext to get FT policy going , so PAP stay in power regardless.

The equation---best paid Govt but a robot citizens.

You see why immigration is the solution---more new robot citizens to vote for PAP.

Sinkapore finished already, no hope for Oppo parties to save. The next GE will still see the same becos local voters are bastardly coward and stupid, they will continue to kill their own kind while new robots will take over sinkaporeans. All the ministers are just pawns and they will skip town when the damage is done.

Those PAP assholes who like to screw backsides must be happy now. They screw among themselves.

sinkapore is screwed by PAP assholes

The real question is , are you still in sinkieland?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I actually posted something similar in another thread. Someone had commented about pure SGreans and foreigners. It got me interested since it really doesnt make sense that a population of 10K can swell to 4million without mass migration. I started to do a bit of research on our Population History. Refer to the quote from my own post below from another thread. Lets look at some numbers

Year Chinese Malays Indians Others Total Population*
1824 31 60 7 2 10,683
1840 50 37 10 3 35,389
1860 61 20 16 3 81,734
1891 67 20 9 4 181,602
1911 72 14 9 5 303,321
1931 75 12 10 4 557,745
1947 78 12 8 2 938,144
1957 75 14 7 2 1,445,929
1970 76 15 7 2 2,074,507

Between the early 1800s to the 70s, our population have been growing by at least 20% every decade. Something which is not really possible without a lot of pple migrating here.

1980 77 15 6 2 2,413,945
1987 76 15 7 2 2,612,800
1988 76 15 6 2 2,670,000

Notice how the population stopped exploding during the 80s. This coincide with PAP's "Stop at Two" Policy implemented sometime in the 70's which they later found and admitted that it was a bad idea an in by the mid 80s did a U-turn but SGreans now more educated decided not to have to many babies. To prevent the population from declining they opened the doors to foreigners, again, and the population started exploding again from 2.7 million to around 3.2 million by 2000(see link for details)

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/papers/people/c2000-population.pdf

So now 10 yrs later we stand at about 4.8 million, however we need to remember that the figure 4.8 million is for residents and not Citizens and we know that close to 1 million of these are PRs, we can assume that the actual population for citizens is around 3.5 - 3.8 million.

Since the very beginning of this nation, from the time when we were still a colony to the time when we gain independence, we were generally made up of about 25 - 30% citizens who just switched over. It had been and still is the same. The irony of the whole thing is that the only time we were "mostly locals" was when PAP implemented the "Stop at Two" policy which lasted for less then a decade before going back to the earlier working model.

The argument that the population is getting diluted is quite flawed in this case since to begin with, we had always been a nation of migrants. Not just our forefathers, it has been and still is happening. And since the PAPman's target is to stop at 6 million, the only way we can ever start having a "purely Singaporean nation" is when we actually reach that target.

I'm finding more then enough flaws in the arguement to find the article funny. Since when in our nation's history have we NOT been a "foreigner's" nation

Let's look at some numbers

I'm finding more then enough flaws in the arguement to find the article funny. Since when in our history have we NOT been a "foreigner's" nation

Let's look at some numbers

1824 31 60 7 2 10,683
1840 50 37 10 3 35,389
1860 61 20 16 3 81,734
1891 67 20 9 4 181,602
1911 72 14 9 5 303,321
1931 75 12 10 4 557,745
1947 78 12 8 2 938,144
1957 75 14 7 2 1,445,929
1970 76 15 7 2 2,074,507
1980 77 15 6 2 2,413,945
1987 76 15 7 2 2,612,800
1988 76 15 6 2 2,670,000

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/singapore/sg_appen.html#table2

From a total population of 10K we reach 2 million within the space of 150yrs. U guys actually think its possible without importing FTs/FWs? From 1957 - 1970, within the space of a decade, we actually increased the population by more the 1/2 million. U think its possible to do that without tons of foreigners coming in?

Note that the population here only stopped exploding around the same time the "Stop at Two" policy. was implemented. And since they already admitted that the Stop at Two policy was a dumb ass idea, they are simply reversing the policy and go back to before they implemented it

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess at this point its more important to point out what constitute to being Singaporean. Almost all of us are descendant of FTs. I'm a 3rd Generation Singaporean since my Grandfather was from China. Since my grandfather migrated from China and became a citizen here, does that make him any less Singaporean? My dad was born here and was the first batch of NS men, however he was the son of an FT. Does that makes him any less Singaporean?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I guess at this point its more important to point out what constitute to being Singaporean. Almost all of us are descendant of FTs. I'm a 3rd Generation Singaporean since my Grandfather was from China. Since my grandfather migrated from China and became a citizen here, does that make him any less Singaporean? My dad was born here and was the first batch of NS men, however he was the son of an FT. Does that makes him any less Singaporean?

Last time police wear shorts, now long pants.

Last time no internet, now exist.

Last time SIngapore do not have sinkie behavior, now sinkie behavior runs amok and causes the sinkie's own death.

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
749.emigrate.logo.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The difference is that during your grandfather's days, there's no NS and the playing field is level. Now, you're being discriminated against in your own cuntry. And lagi worse, the hard work of your grandfather is being used to subsidize FTrash instead of you. Kena fcuked and still so happy?

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The argument that the population is getting diluted is quite flawed in this case since to begin with, we had always been a nation of migrants. Not just our forefathers, it has been and still is happening. And since the PAPman's target is to stop at 6 million, the only way we can ever start having a "purely Singaporean nation" is when we actually reach that target.

This tiny island was a british colony in the past. Migrants came here to make a living and they were allowed here primarily to serve the british interest.

Now, Singapore is an independent country and its citizens are endowed with certain rights and responsibilities. They have their rights to demand that their interest be taken care of by whichever political party that forms the govt.

It is every citizen duty to speak up when the govt policies are moving in the extreme direction and to oppose any policies which are unfair, unjust or uncaring.

immigration should be welcomed if it benefited most of the people. If indiscriminate import of foreigners only benefits the elites while the rest suffers the overcrowdedness, high housing cost, low wages etc, what is the point of excessive influx of foreigners to grow the GDP figure?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sticking with the topic before I start replying to anyone in here. Whether we like it or not, massive influx of new immigrants is here to stay. The PAPman has stated that he wants 6 million so until we actually reach that magical number, which will probably take another 10 years and we're stuck with it whether U like it or not; there' isnt really a way we can develop the so called "pure Singaporean race". As I pointed out earlier, if there isnt one to begin with hence there is nothing to dilute.

To makapaa
I never said I was happy with the situation. Everyone in here complains about FT, I'm in IT, if there's anyone who should be complaining, its me. My industry is the hardest hit by the influx of FTs. However, unlike most losers in here, instead of letting a few FTs push me down I prefer to work my own way up and currently leading a rather good comfortable life with a decent salary and a job that enables me to fly around the world. U can keep complaining about FT or U can start improving yourself and make sure you're 1 step ahead of FTs

And like I said earlier, we are a nation of migrants. That has not and will not change until the PAPman is happy with the population level. Seeing as we all have migrant roots, are we suppose to look down on all FTs who come here? Is it fair to those who actually decide to stay here and not just using SG as a springboard to somewhere else. Like I said, I'm in IT, I'm probably meeting a lot more FTs then most other pple. I know a lot of them are here for a short stay, I also know just as many who have marry here, started businesses, had kids who were born here, etc. So how are we suppose to treat this pple, should we still see them as FT? Or should we see them as locals, that was the question I was asking in my earlier post

To chinkangkor
Ur point is that FT benefits only the Elites. Is that really true? We have a lot of foreigners who are doing jobs which no one else wants to do, the pple who sweep our roads everyday, the pple who clear our rubbish bins, those who build our houses, I certainly don't see them as benefitting the elites only, unless of cause you are going to tell me that you never throw any rubbish, doesnt use the roads or better still you build your own house.

We complain about foreigners here to take our jobs yet we complain about having to work as a cleaner or construction worker. If U want me to show U an example I can quite literally randomly pick a thread in this forum and chances are we'll see those complains.

As for the GDP argument, personally I do not think that is true. For every PMETs FT that's out there, we probably have 5 or 6 Bangala type FWs pushing down his salary. Considering that fact, its not likely that bringing in a couple of FT is going to jack up the GDP. I'd be interested to look at the stats if someone can provide something.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has nothing to do with mass immigration and everything to do with how we want our country to be. The issue here is that a significant minority are not happy with the current situation (too many diverse peoples crowded into a tiny island with infrastructure barely able to cope). But the system here is such that if you are not in the majority, you have to shut up or ship out. Even then, it is not clear whether it is really the minority as it is quite possible that many more are unhappy but chose to remain as the silent majority.

If there is real freedom of expression and democracy here and the current trend of immigration continues, there is nothing much to say as it will be the will of the people. It is my opinion that the outpouring of frustration online is actually a manifestation of the pent-up fury at the lack of control over one's life. I have no idea how this phenomenon came about but I guess it was probably due to the past years of prosperity and rapid growth and the dependence on the government for one's livelihood (probably the disunity of the people plays a part as well as Singaporeans are not homogeneous and the sense of identity is not strong). Somehow, Singaporeans have managed to transform into sheep within one generation.

Those old enough will remember the riots and strikes when we were governed by the British. Not saying that Singapore should descend into anarchy but freedom is not free, it has to be fought for and vigilance is required to prevent it from slipping away.

Last edited:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may have a point but whatever it is, I miss Singapore like it was in the 90s, where the population is just 3.5 million, life was simpler and the economy was very good.

Nowadays everywhere you go, especially those ageing matured estate areas like Bedok and Tampines, there are so many people especially in the bus terminal areas. Incredible! There was one Saturday I walked with a friend in Century Square, and we see not shops, but people. They block almost everything else out of view! It's like they are troops or something, almost like it is in Hong Kong. Creepy much.

The only consolation (not sure whether it is appropriate) is that for the higher-class areas, the population density is lesser and remains about the same. There is REAL peace and quiet there, and I'm glad I got a place in one of those areas to put up.

So cliched as it may be, I guess the only way for people to go in Singapore, is up. Up the population, up your income and wealth, and live in a much better place away from the masses and the crowds.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Jam" - Michael Jackson

Jam......Headache.....Dupa....Dupa.Dupa...Jam....
oh not...so many chao keiling chao ah tiong ah....Jam....Headache...Dupa....Dupa.Dupa...Jam

Derrick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sticking with the topic before I start replying to anyone in here. Whether we like it or not, massive influx of new immigrants is here to stay. The PAPman has stated that he wants 6 million so until we actually reach that magical number, which will probably take another 10 years and we're stuck with it whether U like it or not; there' isnt really a way we can develop the so called "pure Singaporean race". As I pointed out earlier, if there isnt one to begin with hence there is nothing to dilute.

To makapaa
I never said I was happy with the situation. Everyone in here complains about FT, I'm in IT, if there's anyone who should be complaining, its me. My industry is the hardest hit by the influx of FTs. However, unlike most losers in here, instead of letting a few FTs push me down I prefer to work my own way up and currently leading a rather good comfortable life with a decent salary and a job that enables me to fly around the world. U can keep complaining about FT or U can start improving yourself and make sure you're 1 step ahead of FTs

And like I said earlier, we are a nation of migrants. That has not and will not change until the PAPman is happy with the population level. Seeing as we all have migrant roots, are we suppose to look down on all FTs who come here? Is it fair to those who actually decide to stay here and not just using SG as a springboard to somewhere else. Like I said, I'm in IT, I'm probably meeting a lot more FTs then most other pple. I know a lot of them are here for a short stay, I also know just as many who have marry here, started businesses, had kids who were born here, etc. So how are we suppose to treat this pple, should we still see them as FT? Or should we see them as locals, that was the question I was asking in my earlier post

To chinkangkor
Ur point is that FT benefits only the Elites. Is that really true? We have a lot of foreigners who are doing jobs which no one else wants to do, the pple who sweep our roads everyday, the pple who clear our rubbish bins, those who build our houses, I certainly don't see them as benefitting the elites only, unless of cause you are going to tell me that you never throw any rubbish, doesnt use the roads or better still you build your own house.

We complain about foreigners here to take our jobs yet we complain about having to work as a cleaner or construction worker. If U want me to show U an example I can quite literally randomly pick a thread in this forum and chances are we'll see those complains.

As for the GDP argument, personally I do not think that is true. For every PMETs FT that's out there, we probably have 5 or 6 Bangala type FWs pushing down his salary. Considering that fact, its not likely that bringing in a couple of FT is going to jack up the GDP. I'd be interested to look at the stats if someone can provide something.

I think all these damn policies are piecemeal. Take ERP for instance. The predecessor scheme was the ALS. The rationale was to aviod congestion of the CBD during morning peak hours as the banks, financial institutions, offices, etc are situated there. This is to prevent disruption/slowdown o business operations in the morning. The policy was sound and practical. As the years passed, what did we witness ? ERP replaced the manual ALS. More and more gantrys started sprouting all over, not just in the CBD. The operation hours started getting longer, not just the traditional "peak hours". Now what are we faced with ? ERP charges everywhere we go. We even have to pay ERP to return home !! Now, how does the original intent of ALS fit into charging us for commuting away from the CBD ? That's why i say the policy is piecemeal. When there's a problem, they don't go to the root but patch it there, another problem crops up, another patch. The problem is there are simply too many cars on our roads. Erect a few ERP gantries, raise the charges and we see an improvement. What happens next ? Roads are less congested now, so time to issue more COEs. In no time, we're back to square one. Then what ? Erect even more gantries, raise charges even more and it goes on and on until we are what we are today. Too many taxis on the road is another bloody problem. When i'm driving, in front of me is a taxi, i look in my rear view mirror and i see a taxi, i look left are a few taxis, i look right are a few taxis. I reckon for every 10 cars i count, at least 4 or 5 are taxis. That coupled with the fuck up way they drive, my GOD !!! You ever notice every road accident you come across would have a taxi involved ? If not, next time observe. You ever notice at a traffic junction as the lights turn from amber to red, the last vehicle to chiong through is usually a taxi ? I'm digressing.

The original intent of bringing in FT is that they bring with them specialised skills that our people don't possess. They also bring with them investments, capital, etc, etc. That's all well and good. How far away are we now from the original intent ? You go shopping, the cashier is a filipina. You go makan, the waitress is a china girl. You go buy underwear, the promoter is also a china girl. You go anywhere, the person behind the counter is anything but a local. You're telling me no local wants to do these jobs ? Then who were doing them just a few years back ? You're telling me no one wants to sweep the road ? Ban the banglas, offer decent wages and you'll have no lack of locals who are willing and capable of doing the job. i can go on and on, but so what ??

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
To chinkangkor

It is the excessive import of foreigners that is the crux of problem. Singapore has all along import foreigners for the economy, but it was done selectively and appropriately.

What is happening now is an influx of people from all over the world, which has resulted in a lower quality of life for the people. The infrastructures are not able to keep up - dormitory at Serangoon Garden is a case in point. The wages have been depressed while housing costs have risen etc.

If you look at the widening gap between the rich and poor, you will see that the majority is not enjoying the fruits of their labour. The medium income is low as compared to other developed economies while the cost of living is the same as that in developed economies.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just lost with your statement; how do you qualify as a 3G when your father is born as the 1G on this island ?

If you are 3G Singaporean, many would have understood as your grandfather/father and yourself truly born on this land to qualify.

It doesn't matter with the earlier immigrants of Singapore to be considered as FT. What really matters nowadays are the new immigrants with 3rd world social habits screwing true blue Singaporean like yourself in every day life.

Every turn or corner in Singapore, you see crass china people proclaiming to be new citizens would irk everyone.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore society is getting sicker by the day.

Youth these days are completely irresponsible and are totally weak. A lot of jobs available but they are choosy and then blame FT for taking the jobs that THEY DO NOT WANT

And the higher educated are even worse.

Fresh grads depend on government subsidy to join loser banks. Refer to the Citibank thread for example. This is a bank that has caused so many investors much grief while paying themselves big bonuses. They had to be bailed out by public money

Yet 4,500 losers - supposedly educated with university education but apparently no fucking brains nor moral values - apply to join them this year. 4,500 losers in one year's cohort!!!!

Unless we quickly import a lot of good quality PRCs - preferably da zhuan and above - to dilute the Singaporean traits, we will not survive

I am in favour of FT policy. Import and dilute, the more the merrier. But no bloody ang moh immoral bankers, please... stay in London and Wall Street. Don't come Asia and fuck around with our money

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear beshitted, you should let your bangla and PRC foreign slave labour to sodomise you since you like to suck their cock very much.