• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local Indians disturbed and flabbergasted with CMC

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local Indians disturbed and flabbergasted with CMC

Dear fellow Singaporeans

I am a local Indian who feels very disturbed and flabbergasted with the way in which this issue was handled by CMC. This clearly shows some form of favouritism (for the immigrant family) and discrimination (against the Indian neighbours). I have also emailed to the relevant CMC official demanding a more detailed explanation of the issue. I don’t see the reason why this matter should be brushed under the carpet. The following is my email to her.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am totally appalled by the recent case whereby an immigrant (from PRC) family complained against an Indian family who was cooking curry at home. A lot of us (Singaporeans) feel saddened by the fact that this immigrant family went to lodge a complaint against their Indian neighbour over such a trivial matter. Furthermore, we are utterly shocked and speechless to find out that CMC actually took this complaint seriously and sent in volunteers to get the 2 neighbours to come up with a ‘final settlement’. I do not understand why this complaint was first of all, taken into serious consideration when the Indian family is cooking within the perimeters of their own house. A serious of questions ran through my mind as I read through this case. First of all, don’t the Indian neighbours have the right to cook or do anything else in their own house? Are they being a nuisance to others in the neighbourhood or even their other neighbours in their block? Did they create any form of disturbances ? Under what grounds was the investigations carried out? Moreover did the immigrant family produce any form of certified evidence to show that their health or lifestyle, for that matter, was seriously compromised due to the constant aroma of Indian curry by their neighbours next door? I would be sincerely grateful if the relevant officers could enlighten me with regards to the above questions.

We are living in a multi-racial and religious society where people of different races / religions have grown to respect and have mutual understanding of each other’s culture and traditions. As a local Indian myself, I feel that the way in which this matter was dealt with is absurd. Why didn’t CMC advise the PRC family that this is part of Indian culture and we, Singaporeans have grown to tolerate and respect one another? Our leaders have constantly reiterated the fact that new immigrants must allow themselves to integrate into our society. There have been several instances where our ministers have reminded Singaporeans to embrace immigrants with an ‘open heart and mind’. We are giving them an unwavering support but a lot of us feel that it is not being reciprocated. The above case reflects this very evidently. The fact that CMC mentioned that the final settlement is binding on the parties seems very disturbing to many of us. So will this mean that I can lodge a complaint about the smoke and ash that are created as the Chinese burnt their joss sticks and papers near my apartment during the Chinese ‘Seventh Month’? There is a serious health concern here as like many other young children, my young kids have sensitive airways. Is it possible for me to have a similar binding agreement to get my Chinese neighbours to only do so when my family and I are not at home?

I am keen to know the efforts that had been taken by CMC mediators to explain to the immigrant family about Singapore’s diverse cultures and customs. I would have expected the CMC mediators to encourage the immigrant family to exercise more tolerance, respect and most fundamentally, sensitivity to an everyday activity that has been undertaken by a minority race within the perimeters of the latter’s house, rather than the suggested so-called binding agreement endorsed by CMC , which is rather to the advantage of the immigrant family. I strongly believe, like many other Singaporeans that the proposed solution was by the immigrant family and it was graciously and amicably accepted by their Indian neighbours. If I was part of the affected Indian family, I would feel very perturbed and discontented that I can’t even exercise freedom & rights in my own house and my activities (cooking) are restrictive and very much dependent on my neighbours’ presence / absence. I am here to remind CMC that curry is part of our staple food for Indians. Please don’t deny us our rights. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Sujatha

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
india-flag1.png
flag.gif

[video=youtube;ncPM_AtIkSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPM_AtIkSk&feature=related[/video]​

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I also ask the CMC to have the the Chinese burn their offerings and Malays hold their void deck weddings only when I'm not home?

By the way, the church down the street has bells that sound like my door bell, makes me think someone is at my door, have them change their bells. The mosque, they start their morning prayers too early and wake me up, have them start only at 0800hrs when I'm suppose to get up for work.

Finally, can you also hold National day only when I'm not in Singapore? People leaving the stadium jam up the expressway and causes pollution near my home.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First must see if the Indian family is Singapore Indian or India Indian. If the Indian family is from India, then cannot blame the PRC lah. Cos last time my relative had an Indian family from India moved to his next door. They cook curry EVERYDAY and the curry smell was so strong that my relative also cannot tahan! At last my relative moved to another place. So even Singaporean family cannot tahan India Indian's curry.

Last edited: