• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your reply bro. I know Sharp is good, but I also thought it's usually quite expensive. Yes, I noticed the color saturation for Samsung is higher than usual, resulting in fake colors. The price is really cheap for that specs; care to share where you bought it?

Your setup sounds logical; with the AV system plus karaoke, it's gonna be "sweet". Not having a TV in the living room will save on cost as well as space.... something for me to consider since my original plan was for a smaller normal TV in the living room and a 3d led tv in the AV room.

Hi Bro Vincent,
Why we choose Sharp over Samsung (LG was never in our considerations) mainly because Samsung TV may appear to everyone as very bright and vivid.. however, it s too fake. Over time, your eyes will be tired with such "colourful" screen.
Sharp colours are much more natural. And the price is abt the same (we bought at RM7.7k) or cheaper then Samsung. Samsung don't come with 60" LED. and we certainly will not go for Plasma.
Another nice colour LED TV will be Sony but the price is a bit too steep.

I currently have an old sound system (Onkyo AV received+ Jamo speakers), may change in later stage after i settled everything.
Will get an additional karaoke system which several brands to choose from ard 3k plus (1 Karaoke receiver + 1 pair of karoake speakers)
So these 2 systems will run individually but both video will connect to the TV via HDMI.

AV room is in a different room, and i do not want to place a TV in a living room, cause tendency if there is a gathering, everyone will jus watch TV instead of mingling ard...

So i jus place a small sound system (with USB docking, that's for sure) 2 speakers (mounted underneath the false ceiling) in living and 2 speakers at dinning area.. as my place is a rectangle shape, from living to end of dining is ard 60ft long.

Thanks for the recommendation; I will look out for either Yamaha or Onkyo. Maybe can ask my friend who works in Yamaha to see if she has staff discount.

Bro Vincent,
Personally, i will not recommend Pionneer... (maybe i m prejudiced). It lacks of the detail and layers of good sound system shd project.
Try something else like Onkyo, Yamaha.. if you hv a higher budget.. consider Infinity.. these 3 hving quite reasonable price systems and these 3 are real audio makers. (just like buying watches, if you consider over Seiko and CK, buy Seiko, one is a watch maker, another is a fashion maker)

ANd pioneer sometimes aint cheap either.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo bro. Hv booked 60" 3d led sharp tv instead. As 70" doesn't come with 3D

Comes with free 3D blu ray player and 3 pairs of glasses.

Now since renovation started. I m thinking to also conceal 4 speakers line from living to dinning halls. Hahaha. Will buy jbl satellite speakers with that. Am I making my house a cafe cum lounge?

Bro can i check whether without d 3d glasses can u see the pics or die die must wear 3d glasses or u use the 3d glasses only when u watch 3d enabled films?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, actually I forgot that I'm waiting for the glass-free 3d led tv which are currently being tested. Hopefully by end 2013, the technology will be mature.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, Vincent said he was considering Samsung or Sony ... Tell me if you would choose either of them over pioneer for about the same price? :wink:

Bro Vincent,
Personally, i will not recommend Pionneer... (maybe i m prejudiced). It lacks of the detail and layers of good sound system shd project.
Try something else like Onkyo, Yamaha.. if you hv a higher budget.. consider Infinity.. these 3 hving quite reasonable price systems and these 3 are real audio makers. (just like buying watches, if you consider over Seiko and CK, buy Seiko, one is a watch maker, another is a fashion maker)

ANd pioneer sometimes aint cheap either.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, home fair normally won't feature audio system right? Don't remember seeing it last time I went ... Generic brand maybe have, definitely not medium to high end type ....

Thanks for sharing Bro DoA. Yup, Pioneer is in my list too. Still have another 12 months to check out different possibilities and also the Home Fair in PERSADA next month.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Solid ... U know how to play ur system ...
Btw, how do you renovate your audio room? And your finishings?
People always say I sound like jacky cheung, do I have a chance to show off show off with ur karaoke system? Hehehe
The price of ur tv sounds ok leh ... Share the shop details pls?

Hi Bro Vincent,
Why we choose Sharp over Samsung (LG was never in our considerations) mainly because Samsung TV may appear to everyone as very bright and vivid.. however, it s too fake. Over time, your eyes will be tired with such "colourful" screen.
Sharp colours are much more natural. And the price is abt the same (we bought at RM7.7k) or cheaper then Samsung. Samsung don't come with 60" LED. and we certainly will not go for Plasma.
Another nice colour LED TV will be Sony but the price is a bit too steep.

I currently have an old sound system (Onkyo AV received+ Jamo speakers), may change in later stage after i settled everything.
Will get an additional karaoke system which several brands to choose from ard 3k plus (1 Karaoke receiver + 1 pair of karoake speakers)
So these 2 systems will run individually but both video will connect to the TV via HDMI.

AV room is in a different room, and i do not want to place a TV in a living room, cause tendency if there is a gathering, everyone will jus watch TV instead of mingling ard...

So i jus place a small sound system (with USB docking, that's for sure) 2 speakers (mounted underneath the false ceiling) in living and 2 speakers at dinning area.. as my place is a rectangle shape, from living to end of dining is ard 60ft long.

Last edited:

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your reply bro. I know Sharp is good, but I also thought it's usually quite expensive. Yes, I noticed the color saturation for Samsung is higher than usual, resulting in fake colors. The price is really cheap for that specs; care to share where you bought it?

Your setup sounds logical; with the AV system plus karaoke, it's gonna be "sweet". Not having a TV in the living room will save on cost as well as space.... something for me to consider since my original plan was for a smaller normal TV in the living room and a 3d led tv in the AV room.

Thanks for the recommendation; I will look out for either Yamaha or Onkyo. Maybe can ask my friend who works in Yamaha to see if she has staff discount.

We bought the TV in one electronic shop at Ros Merah, Johor Jaya, the fella said he ordered 6 together so this was last piece he had and selling to us at low price.. hahahah.. i think is Haes Highland.. .u may go google it..

Yamaha is a very decent brand.. do let me know if you get discount for me too.. ..lol.... .

As for the 3D glasses, yup, if you enable your TV into 3D, u need to wear the glasses to feel the effect, without the glasses the screen will become blury..
As for the TV without the use of 3D glasses, thats Toshiba latest invension.. of course its pricy now and i think they only hv that for TV <46" for the moment.

Last edited:

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Solid ... U know how to play ur system ...
Btw, how do you renovate your audio room? And your finishings?
People always say I sound like jacky cheung, do I have a chance to show off show off with ur karaoke system? Hehehe
The price of ur tv sounds ok leh ... Share the shop details pls?

yo bro.. wait everything settled, we can hv a duet... hahahaha
actually i dint do it very professionally (a real sound proofing cause a decent amount of $$$).. use laminate flooring, did research , of course carpet shd be the best, however, our weather is really a no no for carpet. using laminate flooring will still be able to absorb part of sound, better then tiles/cements.

I don't think the neighbour can hear it with aircon and curtain (keep my fingers crossed).
The walls in between houses in Taman Laguna are concrete not only bricks.. (My wiring guy keeps complaining to me damn hard for him to rewire and conceal anything on that piece of wall)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha ... Good good. We can buy a lot of karaoke CDs ... English, mandarin, HAKKA! haha. For two males to duet, can u do the rapping part? Can't expect jacky to rap right! Haha

I think wif only air con n curtain, sing in the evening/night might have prob ....

Just looked at e brochure. It says reinforced concrete structure. Then I need to make sure I have super solid drill gun n bits next time. I like pics n paintings so I will also hang a lot on the walls ...

R u still extending bathroom wif full glass?

yo bro.. wait everything settled, we can hv a duet... hahahaha
actually i dint do it very professionally (a real sound proofing cause a decent amount of $$$).. use laminate flooring, did research , of course carpet shd be the best, however, our weather is really a no no for carpet. using laminate flooring will still be able to absorb part of sound, better then tiles/cements.

I don't think the neighbour can hear it with aircon and curtain (keep my fingers crossed).
The walls in between houses in Taman Laguna are concrete not only bricks.. (My wiring guy keeps complaining to me damn hard for him to rewire and conceal anything on that piece of wall)

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a lg 3D Led TV. I was deciding on sharp or lg. at that time the price and package for lg was better. I agree Samsung is quite fake in its contrast ... But some people enjoy its vivid colors and super slim design. I also don't like the Samsung glasses. Need to use battery and make me giddy.

We bought the TV in one electronic shop at Ros Merah, Johor Jaya, the fella said he ordered 6 together so this was last piece he had and selling to us at low price.. hahahah.. i think is Haes Highland.. .u may go google it..

Yamaha is a very decent brand.. do let me know if you get discount for me too.. ..lol.... .

As for the 3D glasses, yup, if you enable your TV into 3D, u need to wear the glasses to feel the effect, without the glasses the screen will become blury..
As for the TV without the use of 3D glasses, thats Toshiba latest invension.. of course its pricy now and i think they only hv that for TV <46" for the moment.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha ... Good good. We can buy a lot of karaoke CDs ... English, mandarin, HAKKA! haha. For two males to duet, can u do the rapping part? Can't expect jacky to rap right! Haha

I think wif only air con n curtain, sing in the evening/night might have prob ....

I din know its made of concrete. Not stated in the brochure or agreement. Then I need to make sure I have super solid drill gun n bits next time. I like pics n paintings so I will also hang a lot on the walls ...

Should install a HDD player like those KTV where you can easily select the songs via remote control

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just looked at e brochure. It says reinforced concrete structure. Then I need to make sure I have super solid drill gun n bits next time. I like pics n paintings so I will also hang a lot on the walls ...

No need buy cd ler. Will install hdd system. Cheapest starting from rm1k. Hi end bat rm3k that can be controlled via ur own tablets.

Yup. I m extending bathroom with glass. All hacking work done. Glass track installed by tomorrow. Followed by tiles work.

BlackCaviar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

We are planning to move to nusajaya area and looking around for a place for our baby. Any childcare toddlers/playschool around nusajaya (horizon hills, bukit indah area) to recommend?

BlackCaviar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Any reliable and good childcare toddlers/playschool to recommend in nusajaya (horizon hills, nusa idaman and bukit indah area) area? Cheers.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How Legoland can affect housing values nearby ? I mean residence will only go there once in a while right ?

I very much doubt that Legoland impacts on the real estate prices directly. However, if enough visitors travel there for their holidays, whether they are Malaysians, Singaporeans or other foreigners, it would change their mindset on life there and possibly increase the likelihood of residency in Nusajaya.

This change in perception may help.

Perhaps for ppl who are working there with higher salary might buy /rent a house there to ease the daily commuting ...
After all, there is another indoor theme park which gg to open end of the year ....

That's what I think as well. I think the main benefit for Nusajaya is the news coverage of Legoland as it is an international theme park.
- The opening of legoland in Nusajaya City will be announced in prime time TV news of Malaysia and its neighbouring countries like Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand etc.
- It'll also appear in many newspapers in the countries mentioned above.
- Tour/holiday advertisers will include this new 'Legoland Malaysia' package.

All these news and advertisements will reach out to many millions of people in this part of the world who still don't know about the progress of Iskandar.
Presently, with nothing in Nusajaya City, people all around this region have no reason to visit this upcoming city.
With Legoland, Medini's Lifestyle Retail Mall and Puteri Harbour's Indoor theme park opening this year. Together with the news and tour advertisements, visitorship to Nusajaya will increase tremendously as compared to present. Think about it, in order to reach out to so many millions of people, how much do UEM or BN have to pay in the advertising and marketing of Iskandar? It'll be multi million dollars.

Many of these visitors might become potential home buyers in Nusajaya, just like what Fund Transfer mentioned above.
With such an increase in visitorship to Nusajaya, there's no logic that demand will become lower than present when all other factors affecting demand remains constant.
Demand from the middle to high income earners working in Legoland on rental/purchase of properties here cannot be denied too, as mentioned by Crystal_Tiong.

What about those international universities in Educity Nusajaya? How does it affect property prices?
Many property investors like to invest in properties near international schools because of the good rental demand.
Educity will host 8 international universities eventually. NewCastle Uni opened last year, Marlborough College and University of Southampton will open this year and more international Universities will subsequently open in 2013, 2014 and 2015. Not forgetting Pinewood studios which will employ many times more employees than Legoland.
Presently, rental yield for some landed properties in Nusajaya is very attractive at above 7%(based on current market price).
This attractive rental yield will attract property investor to invest, thus increasing demand for the purchase of properties in Nusajaya.
As all of us know, increase in demand = increase in price.

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
RedsYNWA said:
Havent viewed Straits View yet, but the pictures look v nice. Bro, are you the only member who has bought a project there? I didnt see other names on the list of properties. I have also found this to be an interesting project due to its proximity to causeway but its probably too big for my small family size.....haha

Guess I'm the only one in this forum that have bought a unit there. I've been to a number of developments but I like it best there because of its exclusitivity. The lap pool, tennis court and clubhouse is like 1 min walk away...

I also went to leisure farm again recently. From the plots of land that are for sale, you can virtually stand there and see legoland!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guess I'm the only one in this forum that have bought a unit there. I've been to a number of developments but I like it best there because of its exclusitivity. The lap pool, tennis court and clubhouse is like 1 min walk away...

I also went to leisure farm again recently. From the plots of land that are for sale, you can virtually stand there and see legoland!

The houses look very nice from the pic. What type of houses are available in this development? You've bought a bungalow?

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I think as well. I think the main benefit for Nusajaya is the news coverage of Legoland as it is an international theme park.
- The opening of legoland in Nusajaya City will be announced in prime time TV news of Malaysia and its neighbouring countries like Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand etc.
- It'll also appear in many newspapers in the countries mentioned above.
- Tour/holiday advertisers will include this new 'Legoland Malaysia' package.

All these news and advertisements will reach out to many millions of people in this part of the world who still don't know about the progress of Iskandar.
Presently, with nothing in Nusajaya City, people all around this region have no reason to visit this upcoming city.
With Legoland, Medini's Lifestyle Retail Mall and Puteri Harbour's Indoor theme park opening this year. Together with the news and tour advertisements, visitorship to Nusajaya will increase tremendously as compared to present. Think about it, in order to reach out to so many millions of people, how much do UEM or BN have to pay in the advertising and marketing of Iskandar? It'll be multi million dollars.

Many of these visitors might become potential home buyers in Nusajaya, just like what Fund Transfer mentioned above.
With such an increase in visitorship to Nusajaya, there's no logic that demand will become lower than present when all other factors affecting demand remains constant.
Demand from the middle to high income earners working in Legoland on rental/purchase of properties here cannot be denied too, as mentioned by Crystal_Tiong.

What about those international universities in Educity Nusajaya? How does it affect property prices?
Many property investors like to invest in properties near international schools because of the good rental demand.
Educity will host 8 international universities eventually. NewCastle Uni opened last year, Marlborough College and University of Southampton will open this year and more international Universities will subsequently open in 2013, 2014 and 2015. Not forgetting Pinewood studios which will employ many times more employees than Legoland.
Presently, rental yield for some landed properties in Nusajaya is very attractive at above 7%(based on current market price).
This attractive rental yield will attract property investor to invest, thus increasing demand for the purchase of properties in Nusajaya.
As all of us know, increase in demand = increase in price.

It is not correct to simply say increase in demand = increase in price.
More correct to say increase in price will happen when demand outstrip supply.

Also increase in investor demand (not residence demand) = increase in price volatility.

Only when there is increase in residence demand with limited supply, then will there be steady price increase.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not correct to simply say increase in demand = increase in price.
More correct to say increase in price will happen when demand outstrip supply.

Also increase in investor demand (not residence demand) = increase in price volatility.

Only when there is increase in residence demand with limited supply, then will there be steady price increase.

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.