• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Steady lah, I am here because I flew out of the bird cage. But Singapore has freehold property but just out of my reach.

Last edited by a moderator:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having 10 different register nicks doesn't change the fact that you were using the same nick but telling 2 different stories leh...
Which to believe? Or would anyone still wanna believe? Blah....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
????? What's all these ????? What did you write in your first post??? I'm very confused. I thot I can trust u. Truly disappointed. Nvm. U're not the first and will not be the last. I'm tired and I'm out of here for good.

Re: Living in JB
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at houses around JB and planning to buy one for own stay. I'm currently considering Bukit Indah, Nusa Duta, Nusa Bestari and Taman Sutera.

4) I'm a malaysian first home buyer. Any benefits such as stamp duty exemption? I remember it's either exempted fully or 50% for first home buyer rite? I do not know the criteria.

hope you guys can shed some ideas and comments on the above.

thanks.
lonelyscream

Haha DoA, you qualify to be a Private Investigator. I salute you for job well done in exposing con forummers, don't go away from this forum leh.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't let me photographed you while you are at your conning act, I will send the photo to the police straight away :smile:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its sis not bro ginfreely...i know this is a internet forum n u can be whoever u wanna be..but by n large forummers here are not fake so i donno what agenda u hv by playg this game.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honest your head, shameless fabrications more like it. What structural defect, choking pipe, don't want to rock the boat crap, more likely you have an axe to grind in Nusa Duta..

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honest your head, shameless fabrications more like it. What structural defect, choking pipe, don't want to rock the boat crap, more likely you have an axe to grind in Nusa Duta..

Don't quite understand why Bro Lonelyscream seems to be quite sour about Nusa Duta. From the picture that was formed, it seems that he has bought first hand/resale the earlier phase of the Cluster House and was probably disappointed that he was unable to get some kind of rectification done by management?

When I first bought my property in Horizon Hills, the rectification was slow and worst of all, after my sign-up (because 2 years warranty was up) there were more problems and even up to now, still run into one or two issues.

But that's life, we need to take some challenges on our chin and learn from it. Like what Bro Wuqi said, the defects can be changed easily, location and security matters may be tougher.

Sometimes, we need to blame ourselves more than others but that is probably ego blowing which is not easy.

That said, there should be some level of integrity in this forum. We should not try to mislead others.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is ridiculous to think that one can talk down or talk up a property segment by fabrication. You may trick one or two poor chaps but that won't have any material impact on the targeted property value. If it will to have any material impact, you would have run the risk of being sued by the targeted property developer.

Some owners is even more silly to slander its immediate neighbouring Taman in the hope of pushing sales up at his Taman at the expense of its neighboring Taman. If it will to have any significant effect, his own Taman would also suffer valuation losses from the neighbouring Taman's lower sales/resale value.

The logical truth why a property segment is hot or not will always prevail and no amount of fabrications/misleads on a forum will change it without running the risk of being uncovered or sued.

We are all here to learn from each other wisdom in the hope to enrich ones wisdom quickly so let's stop doing silly things here that will only impede others as well as ones self growth.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Doa, don't be. People like that are just playing games. Life is too short to be doing that. Everyone is glad you are in this forum.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some owners is even more silly to slander its immediate neighbouring Taman in the hope of pushing sales up at his Taman at the expense of its neighboring Taman. If it will to have any significant effect, his own Taman would also suffer valuation losses from the neighbouring Taman's lower sales/resale value.

The logical truth why a property segment is hot or not will always prevail and no amount of fabrications/misleads on a forum will change it without running the risk of being uncovered or sued.

We are all here to learn from each other wisdom in the hope to enrich ones wisdom quickly so let's stop doing silly things here that will only impede others as well as ones self growth.

Agree with you and bro FT.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Don't quite understand why Bro Lonelyscream seems to be quite sour about Nusa Duta. From the picture that was formed, it seems that he has bought first hand/resale the earlier phase of the Cluster House and was probably disappointed that he was unable to get some kind of rectification done by management?

When I first bought my property in Horizon Hills, the rectification was slow and worst of all, after my sign-up (because 2 years warranty was up) there were more problems and even up to now, still run into one or two issues.

But that's life, we need to take some challenges on our chin and learn from it. Like what Bro Wuqi said, the defects can be changed easily, location and security matters may be tougher.

Sometimes, we need to blame ourselves more than others but that is probably ego blowing which is not easy.

That said, there should be some level of integrity in this forum. We should not try to mislead others.

When they find that they cannot break you, the only thing they can pretend to do is to be one of you. That way, they can divide and conquer easily or at least scare off sincere forummers or new folks.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , nobody here is angry or upset because you share photos of defects in NUSA DUTA , infact we
appreciate your sharing . We did learn a thing or two from your point of views of the various Taman around the area. Most of it might be quite true , even though some bros might disagree, it is OK. We only got piss off after DOA pointed out the "contridicting earlier post of yours", that make you lost credibility . To make things worst , you start shooting everyone down for pointing out your mistake.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, developer / subsales agents or whoever can price their houses at any price they wish , it doesnt matter , the market is a efficient mechanism. Last time when Sinkies were buying houses 300 to 400K , people were saying we are daft . Now prices is already in the 500 to 1m range , still there will be willing buyers , we cant comdemn them that they are daft , who know what the future is install for this new group of buyers ?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro lonelyscream

This is a free forum, of course you can say what you like and speak from the bottom of your heart.

Only curious of your motivation because I am a firm believer of cause and effect. As a psychologist, I am just trying to understand if it is altruism that is driving the posting, unhappiness about the rising property prices or Singaporean's participation in the property market. But you don't need to admit to any of the above, I will just analyse and form my own conclusions.

With free speech, one must bear in mind that the market cannot be restrained too. More importantly, we move freely to take advantage of price movements and be guarded as well if it goes the other direction.

In JB, the Malaysian born Singapore PRs and Singaporeans are viewed to be edging the property prices up. But if you look around carefully, it is more than just them. Over here for Singapore, the foreign talents are doing the same.

China was a very different place in terms of real estate but the boom took place and it changed the overall affordability level; particularly for the younger generation there. In Western Australia, the fight for resources have also gotten the properties scaling up and the Chinese are in New Zealand buying up farmlands and particularly the diary farms.

Those were the upside. And for places like US and Spain, the crisis have led to prices coming down in some cities/states by as much as 50 to 60%. Key point is not to just sit behind the key board and just post in the forums. Use the information to your own advantage.

Location? Many ways to look at it. On the micro side, it means being next to the sarabat stall, having a police station beside the Taman or there's a school nearby. And from a regional perspective, some are looking for malls, restaurants and others to situated around it. The socio environment could determine that too and so could flora and fauna. And then you step up on that, there is then the town/state/country's strategic location.

No one is saying that the Singaporeans here are faultless. We are guests and should always be on the best behaviour. Security-wise, we know that JB is a tad more problematic than Singapore but the island does has its own crime issues but just that the media is not great at highlighting it.

When I was in Cape Town in South Africa, my tour guide, who looks like a German shot-put athlete, admitted that he was mugged thrice. Mind-numbing? Nobody trusts the police there. Private security firms are the ones to contact if there's a break-in. Cape Town's scenic sights seems like a great cocktail with the crime and security problems in its mix. It also home away from home during summer to a number of famous celebrities around the world.

Don't moan or feel sour. Just act!

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh lonelyscream, why must you have such a mean streak? it reminds me of hillside who was recently causing such a ruckus as well.....

Nusajaya was a way to boost the asset prices of JB Malaysians (Johor is BN's fixed deposit state in local politics) and bring back Malaysians from Singapore to JB (I read that intention fo theirs in one of the most early articles of the project) . The fact that the price has run up is more to do with the global housing price inflation anywhere (KL, Singapore, Penang, China, HK, Australia; in fact JB is a laggard) due to low interest rates instead of Singaporeans or SPRs per se.

Anyway today's New Paper feature Singaporeans in JB. Nothing new except Singaporeans can join a new organisation called Johor Singapore Community Care Association for an annual membership fees. I dont know how everything will pan out in Iskandar. I just hope we will have true integration and not just pockets of national or ethnic exclusivity. It is complicated and exclusive enough already in Malaysia between Bumis and non-Bumis... Hope it will not get too complicated for a simple person like me.

I was at least very happy with the JB food haunts that Seetoh of Makansutra posted in today's New Paper. Some good news on a Sunday morning like that most welcome.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lonelyscream

To be fair to u, yes, u do contribute to this forum too.

But wat puzzle me is tat why on one hand u told us u are looking for houses @ Bukit Indah, Nusa Duta, Nusa Bestari and Taman Sutera to stay...when in fact u oreidi had properties at Sutera Utama, Bt Indah, Bestari Height?

Care to comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.