• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like u hv a deep hatred for the sg gov...guess is how each individual perceive the gov..
There will always be pros and cons and gov of the day wil not be able to satisfy all..

Hmm deep hatred, this word has never come to my mind...if anger towards the SG govt for them not treating their citizens in the right way and obvious bias for foreigners is deep hatred, what about your anger towards your MY govt for their spending of EPF money??

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issin't sg always ranked high if not the highest in everything?? Are they not doing their job??

Beside highest salary, max efficiency, highest cost in transportation, highest utilities and water bills, most competitive educations from ore school till graduation... what about sense of security? What about happiness index? what about a more forgiving education system? everything is measured by how much you have, how good you are.. If you don't believe, look at how your elitist friends looking at you...or how the elitist policy makers thinking about you.. Sometime if you are not at their level, you will somehow get the shitty kind of feeling..

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beside highest salary, max efficiency, highest cost in transportation, highest utilities and water bills, most competitive educations from ore school till graduation... what about sense of security? What about happiness index? what about a more forgiving education system? everything is measured by how much you have, how good you are.. If you don't believe, look at how your elitist friends looking at you...or how the elitist policy makers thinking about you.. Sometime if you are not at their level, you will somehow get the shitty kind of feeling..
Exactly, everything is ranked high if not the highest... So they are paid high to get the high ranking! No?
The education line seems to hit me though!! Must admit, it's crazy!

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm deep hatred, this word has never come to my mind...if anger towards the SG govt for them not treating their citizens in the right way and obvious bias for foreigners is deep hatred, what about your anger towards your MY govt for their spending of EPF money??
Me, on my gov...I've lost touch with the news about them... Just hear say and listen..Maybe too long in sg Liao..

Night everyone, nice chat and constructive..tomorrow another long day for me..

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me, on my gov...I've lost touch with the news about them... Just hear say and listen..Maybe too long in sg Liao..

Oh so you don't have deep hatred for your MY govt...why you assume then I have deep hatred for SG govt when I am just like you angry with your govt for their misdeeds!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.. Most people don't like their own government because they know too much about them.. I learned that for almost all nationality except people from Bhutan?

That is why some learned people said the worst people are politicians and big time financiers.. When one has tasted enough money and power..usually very few can get away from it... So it is a blessing to live simply...

Night everyone, nice chat and constructive..tomorrow another long day for me..

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
So tired the last few days, running around for work, settle wife's company stuff and mostly for the commercial project in Senai.

Especially the last one, very disappointing experience as after paying the deposit and waiting for banks to approve, now suddenly
called me yesterday to let go of one of my units. Then suddenly only today the other bank told me approved. Worse, found out
today that one bank has already informed the developer 2 weeks ago that the loan for me was already approved but they didn't
inform anyone and Monday, their guy called me and forced me to let go of one unit. I called them after that when the banks called
me but they have already let go. :(

After running around and issuing cheques for guys, etc and all this pro bono, ended up with no unit for myself except shared ones.

I have already written in to their guys but not sure how they will handle this, lost a lot of faith in the developer. I will be offline
for the next few days to settle the things. I will finish up on all the PMs before i concentrate on my stuff. Will update everyone on
how it goes.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get justice out from them. They should be made aware that what they did was hurting their main and important customer. Good luck to you!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
True.. Most people don't like their own government because they know too much about them.. I learned that for almost all nationality except people from Bhutan?

That is why some learned people said the worst people are politicians and big time financiers.. When one has tasted enough money and power..usually very few can get away from it... So it is a blessing to live simply...

Yes i second that, the only two things people want after getting into power is:

1. More power
2. Ridding others of their power
3. Holding on to power
4. Ensuring transfer to the closest person who will treat them well when they have power
5. Getting rid of those who stand in the way the next person who will be in power
6. Cycle continues until those who share the power starts to to do #2.

It just doesn't end. I was into management for much of my years from age 25 onwards.
I have seen my fair share of power hungry people, in the end i gave it up and went back
to engineering.
Sacking an engineer just because the boss wanted to date a female employee?

Not for me? I left with my integrity intact.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like u hv a deep hatred for the sg gov...guess is how each individual perceive the gov..
There will always be pros and cons and gov of the day wil not be able to satisfy all..

But in Spore case, most of the policy benefits the FTs and Ministers. Yes, influx of migrants benefits the retail, the govt. But how does it benefits the people whos on payroll? On the contrary, they took away our jobs! U can bring in FTs but be sure they are really talented. During the course of my job, just by chance, I happened to see two green card holders fm Msia (not bias towards our bros/sis across the causeway ya), in their late 20s and early 30s. The appointment VICE PRESIDENT of a local bank! And I came across several working as Front Off Manager with certain hotels in Spore. PRCs to be precise. No Chinese Sporeans qualify for tat post meh? Tats one of many hundreds/thousand "professional" examples we can witness in little red dot! Filipinos, Prcs, Indians....I mean no sporean really qualify for tat post? Really?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry to hear this. Hope you get justice out from them. They should be made aware that what they did was hurting their main and important customer. Good luck to you!

Thanks a lot, i have managed to get it resolved amicably though i am not happy as they are offering me another unit instead of a corner unit that i have booked for.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Recently been staying over in JB due to business. Coming back to Spore to work @ 8am+ using Tuas is now a major headache. It used to be pay more but less traffic. However yesterday I was struck for a good 30 minutes up at the end of the slope, helplessly seeing so many Q-cutters using the other lane.

I thought maybe its just a one off incident. Today I tried at 845am and again, I was struck for a good 30 minutes. The last one year, so many Malaysian cars are entering Singapore to work on a daily basis. This contributes significantly to the custom jams and jams in Spore during peak hours. The $20 VEP is indeed outdated. A $50 per entry is more reasonable.

8 plus is a bit late, used to be able to do this but now its more like 7am or earlier. Actually at 6am, you are better off with using the first link as there are more lanes. Anything above 9.30am is a breeze though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dont worry, you will be blessed with better opportunity.. Sometimes things that are yours will be yours..

Yah bro wuqi, what is yrs is yrs, nobody can change that! As you once said to me, there is a reason for all these when I was depressed about my job... Is the talent that is in you that is the real treasure! Better opportunity will come yr way..

Thanks bros, really appreciate it. Has been a pretty depressing week but its better because of kind people like you.
I am glad i have friends who did not hesitate to share their commercial unit with me when mine was taken away or
friends who stood by me with cheque books in hand when we got a sudden demand from the developer (for another)
project to pay more. I did not accept either of the offers given in the end as i was able to solve it myself but remain
very grateful that i have friends like these.

Recently a aged learned friend asked me to help take care of things for him when he passed on.

I told him that matters of his estates are up to him and his family. I will always be an outsider so while i can be a
witness to his will, that will be the maximum i can do.

I also told him to promise to help with mine in Malaysia, in case i go earlier than him as who knows i may go earlier
than him, then its up to him to help me with mine.

Even in the darkest of of night, it helps to have trusted friends by your side.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh so you don't have deep hatred for your MY govt...why you assume then I have deep hatred for SG govt when I am just like you angry with your govt for their misdeeds!

Peace to you and Spidey, politics aside there are no way we can be 100% happy with our respective government but each government has its own fault which its own citizens has the right to gripe about. Even if i live in Malaysia for 50 years, i still cannot claim to know their government enough to comment. Each country citizens feel the pain in which foreigners do not feel. Not until you step in their shoes.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the man.. Humbly I share similar belief.. Keep ones integrity intact and sleep well at night..

Yes i second that, the only two things people want after getting into power is:

1. More power
2. Ridding others of their power
3. Holding on to power
4. Ensuring transfer to the closest person who will treat them well when they have power
5. Getting rid of those who stand in the way the next person who will be in power
6. Cycle continues until those who share the power starts to to do #2.

It just doesn't end. I was into management for much of my years from age 25 onwards.
I have seen my fair share of power hungry people, in the end i gave it up and went back
to engineering.
Sacking an engineer just because the boss wanted to date a female employee?

Not for me? I left with my integrity intact.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
But in Spore case, most of the policy benefits the FTs and Ministers. Yes, influx of migrants benefits the retail, the govt. But how does it benefits the people whos on payroll? On the contrary, they took away our jobs! U can bring in FTs but be sure they are really talented. During the course of my job, just by chance, I happened to see two green card holders fm Msia (not bias towards our bros/sis across the causeway ya), in their late 20s and early 30s. The appointment VICE PRESIDENT of a local bank! And I came across several working as Front Off Manager with certain hotels in Spore. PRCs to be precise. No Chinese Sporeans qualify for tat post meh? Tats one of many hundreds/thousand "professional" examples we can witness in little red dot! Filipinos, Prcs, Indians....I mean no sporean really qualify for tat post? Really?

Yes, the truth is Singaporeans' jobs have been displaced by foreigners in our own country. I know someone whose ex-job in a MNC and out of her team of 11, there were only 3 Singaporeans. No Singaporeans qualified to be PMET? The hard truth is there is no restriction in the number of employment pass holders and the head bring in as many as he wished of his own kind.

I know for a fact this should not be the labour law/practice in a first world country, my ex-company has a branch in Australia and there was strict requirement to justify to the local authorities on why cannot hire locals for the job before bringing a foreigner into the job and that was for high level PMET job and not lower level PMET jobs!

So if there is something fundamentally and seriously wrong, if native citizens still cannot and don't voice out, then when to voice out?

Status
Not open for further replies.