• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. These are the people that are more self-content and happier in life. They could be stubborn in their own way (one may see it) but they live by their decision and they own up. I look up to these characters :smile:

Yesterday I watched the Channel 8 show "Pillow Talk" (haven't watched Channel 8 drama for many years and was pleasantly surprised the show is quite nice). Anyway, one of the characters - the old auntie - said something like that - things that I want to do, I do it willingly and happily, other people do not appreciate is other people's business, not my business so nothing to be unhappy about.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha yeah. My right hand is stronger and has more muscles to pinch too :p

Pardon my ignorance, why do they name golf event with car names? Mercedes cup sounds nothing like a golf event leh ...

Hahaha, thanks for being a good sport. Oh no, it means you will be pinching more left cheeks a lot! :wink:

Eventually probably will have to do some small biz as even though i am an idealist, i have my pragmatic
moments and know one day i will have to leave the company to do something else. I remain grateful
and never stopped telling people what a great company this is.

Ok back to JB here, saw we had Mercedez cup the other day in HH. Thought that there will be more
Merc parked there but slightly more BMW then Merc, wondering was it a Merc/BMW cup??

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Based on what we can see here, if all we have observed is only 10% of his capabilities, there is nothing stopping our bro wuqi to achieve something remarkable and make his name :smile:

Hi Wuqi, I think you will make good general yourself.
Your boss might be indicating a possibility to you without even knowing it to set up a company of your own and come back to service your company as a contractor. This might worth consideration if you are in an industry full of opportunities and business potential for skilled and talented individuals like yourself. I believe you will do very well in business world where all your strengths will be put to good use. There is no stopping you from more businesses in properties, agriculture, plantations, whole sale and retails, ....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Networking is much more powerful that one could ever imagine. I believe u have all the necessary networks and just waiting for the golden opportunities. Fingers crossed for u, bro!

Thanks for your encouragement, lets see how it goes. Actually in the midst of setting up some businesses here on top of the pre school my wife is running.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very very good deals at metrojaya danga city mall (applicable to plaza pelangi too).

Just by spending RM250 with your UOB card (including Sg-issued cards), you will get RM50 back. You will also get 3x the points and a free membership card.

http://www.metrojaya.com.my/shoppingspree_promo.html

I had a great shopping spree :smile: the promotion will still be on if u go in on Tuesday, the labour's day :smile:

Last edited:

nesta0013

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros and sis here,

I'm thinking to get a condo/studio apartment at JB...still considering between Tropez Residence and Impiana Nusajaya.
As I dunno much about johor property market, will you be able to help which one is better to purchase more for investment purpose?

Thanks in advance:smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very very good deals at metrojaya danga city mall (applicable to plaza pelangi too).

Just by spending RM250 with your UOB card (including Sg-issued cards), you will get RM50 back. You will also get 3x the points and a free membership card.

http://www.metrojaya.com.my/shoppingspree_promo.html

I had a great shopping spree :smile: the promotion will still be on if u go in on Tuesday, the labour's day :smile:

The Zon dept store also have big sale - 50 to 70 percent off - plus Rm10 voucher for every Rm100 and above spending in single receipt from 29 Apr to 1 May 12. I bought some hand towels at Rm5 each, 50 percent off. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Correct me if I am wrong, so it means if a SGporean buys a place in MY and rents it out for say average 5% yield, he/she will be liable for MY personal income tax of 26%?

Yes that is correct. Its different if the person is a tax resident though, as lots to deduct, books, internet, etc.
The 26% is for non tax resident who does not stay at least 182 days in a year.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bros and sis here,

I'm thinking to get a condo/studio apartment at JB...still considering between Tropez Residence and Impiana Nusajaya.
:smile:

I would probably go for Impiana but thats just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Where is the best place to buy a 42" TV for my tenant? Do you have a recommendation? Thanks.

Actually getting a large tv set for tenant is kind of strange unless they are really paying well. Tesco and some of the shops that bro DOA has pointed out may be worth checking out as would the Perling Mall electrical shop.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Haha yeah. My right hand is stronger and has more muscles to pinch too :p

Pardon my ignorance, why do they name golf event with car names? Mercedes cup sounds nothing like a golf event leh ...

Oh i am sure. Its organized by Merc and then they have BMW events too, sponsored by BMW of course.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Networking is much more powerful that one could ever imagine. I believe u have all the necessary networks and just waiting for the golden opportunities. Fingers crossed for u, bro!

Thank you so much for your kind words,i hope i can do it one day and give a better life to my family.
They are all that matters to me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Anyway, one of the characters - the old auntie - said something like that - things that I want to do, I do it willingly and happily, other people do not appreciate is other people's business, not my business so nothing to be unhappy about.

Its true, we can only do what we can, the rest sometimes is not up to us whether the results are good or bad.
Being happy is something that can be achieved.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats good deal, sis.

I ever went to the zon once. Thinking that I found the heaven for duty free liquors. It was indeed duty free within the complex but I didn't know I would have to pay duty if I bring it out of complex. So of course I was being checked and embarrassed myself and in the end, the liquor cost more than what I could get at supermarket.... My buddy laughed at me and subsequently told me that there were other Modus operandi but i had no urge to go back there ever since that ordeal. It's funny thinking back :smile:

The Zon dept store also have big sale - 50 to 70 percent off - plus Rm10 voucher for every Rm100 and above spending in single receipt from 29 Apr to 1 May 12. I bought some hand towels at Rm5 each, 50 percent off. :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on my own preferences and views only :

1) location (as of now) / amenities - Tropez
2) developer's reputation/reliability in JB - impiana
3) price - impiana
4) design/layout - tropez WOW me much more. The design of their bathroom is incredible too.
5) ease of getting tenant - perhaps slanted towards tropez due to existing more established infrastructure networks and more buses plying the roads, but big potential towards impiana in the future

Hi Bros and sis here,

As I dunno much about johor property market, will you be able to help which one is better to purchase more for investment purpose?

Thanks in advance:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.