• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed , but some of the forummers ah , going to move there liao , still dun wan to mix around ....wanted to be so secretive abt which unit they bought and still want to particpate events , I am a woman i also share my unit thru pm liao ... So i most likely wont invite them for NI get together gatherings if organise by me ....if cant open up to own taman how to join other tamans leh .....I think they stay in SG pigeon hole too long liao . dun know how to mingle around....and usually this type of character ppl ends up cant stay in JB too long ...

I am around but don't stick into forums so much as currently blogging so enough of text post at the moment.

I love the quiet peace and yesterday I saw a full moon.

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need u guys to plz let me know about Cluster & Link house (related to HH).
Didnt get the chance to look at cluster house in HH yet
In Hill pricinct:-
Cluster size is 32' * 75'
Link House is 26' * 80'

Cluster comes with 10 feet land therefore actual size would be 22' * 75'. Am i correct to say that? If yes, meaning typical intermediate cluster house has less builtup area than that of typical intermediate Link house?

Can u guys plz share ur opinion if link house has better rental potential than cluster house?

Hi homejb,

If you comparison is between Cluster and Link house at the Hill then your deduction is correct. The typical buildup for Cluster is 2887sf while the 26X80 'super' link house is 3000+sf.

Generally Cluster house should fetch a higher rental yield than superlink due to build quality, density in both area, extra land on the side and etc. Again this is just a guideline for unit with basic reno.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
erm , i think he is stucked at e jam and car is not moving thats y can reply forum....
i was doing that in the evening ..... 1st link also jammed at the traffic light so have plenty of time to surf web and texting ...

Thank you for clarifying. Until i read your post, I have always thought that it was an offence to use the phone while behind wheel eventhough car not moving while engine is running .

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for clarifying. Until i read your post, I have always thought that it was an offence to use the phone while behind wheel eventhough car not moving while engine is running .

Quoted from my car forum :

The source is here:

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/spf/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx

It is LEGAL to use the handphone when the car is stationary.

2. What constitute handphone driving?
To ensure that only drivers who blatantly disregard the safety of other road users by using their mobile phone while driving, 3 clear conditions were stipulated. For the offence of handphone driving to stand, ALL the following 3 conditions must be fulfilled:

(a) the vehicle is in motion; and

(b) the driver is holding on to the handphone with one hand; and

© the driver is communicating with any person with that handphone.

[Para 2© includes making phone calls, paging for someone, receiving a call by pressing the keypad, reading, writing or sending of SMS.]

The purpose of setting the 3 conditions is to ensure that drivers who have no intention to commit handphone driving will not be caught by ambiguous rules. For example, a driver who simply holds a mobile phone but is not using it to communicate while driving will not have committed an offence of handphone driving. However if by doing so, the driver loses attention on the roads and fails to maintain proper control of his vehicle, he will still have committed an offence of driving without due care or reasonable consideration.

Similarly, the spirit of the law is such that the driver who uses his handphone is only a menace to other road users if his vehicle is moving. As such, drivers who use their handphone while the vehicle is stationary should not be caught by this rule.

In short, Traffic Police do not take action against motorists for handphone driving simply because there is a handphone on the passenger seat or beside the driver. Traffic Police will only take actions when our observations show that all the three conditions for the offence of handphone driving are concurrently present.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

As long as car is not moving, you can use it in any such way or form, morally correct or otherwise.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Quoted from my car forum :

The source is here:

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/spf/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx

It is LEGAL to use the handphone when the car is stationary.

2. What constitute handphone driving?
To ensure that only drivers who blatantly disregard the safety of other road users by using their mobile phone while driving, 3 clear conditions were stipulated. For the offence of handphone driving to stand, ALL the following 3 conditions must be fulfilled:

(a) the vehicle is in motion; and

(b) the driver is holding on to the handphone with one hand; and

© the driver is communicating with any person with that handphone.

[Para 2© includes making phone calls, paging for someone, receiving a call by pressing the keypad, reading, writing or sending of SMS.]

The purpose of setting the 3 conditions is to ensure that drivers who have no intention to commit handphone driving will not be caught by ambiguous rules. For example, a driver who simply holds a mobile phone but is not using it to communicate while driving will not have committed an offence of handphone driving. However if by doing so, the driver loses attention on the roads and fails to maintain proper control of his vehicle, he will still have committed an offence of driving without due care or reasonable consideration.

Similarly, the spirit of the law is such that the driver who uses his handphone is only a menace to other road users if his vehicle is moving. As such, drivers who use their handphone while the vehicle is stationary should not be caught by this rule.

In short, Traffic Police do not take action against motorists for handphone driving simply because there is a handphone on the passenger seat or beside the driver. Traffic Police will only take actions when our observations show that all the three conditions for the offence of handphone driving are concurrently present.

Agree, some will also try to record you doing that as evidence before stopping you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yar she eat too much cheese, yogurt and ice cream so quite fleshy recently. Need to force her to run, maybe buy her a retriever.

Lots of other ways and exercises to slim her down, some exercises can be done in the house. :wink:
Referring to housework of course. :biggrin:

Actually if wife is abit fleshy, there is more of her to love. :P

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am around but don't stick into forums so much as currently blogging so enough of text post at the moment.

I love the quiet peace and yesterday I saw a full moon.

Nice, a full moon. How many of us truly appreciate the natural beauty around us.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi homejb,

If you comparison is between Cluster and Link house at the Hill then your deduction is correct. The typical buildup for Cluster is 2887sf while the 26X80 'super' link house is 3000+sf.

Generally Cluster house should fetch a higher rental yield than superlink due to build quality, density in both area, extra land on the side and etc. Again this is just a guideline for unit with basic reno.

Good comparison nickyu.

Homejb, terraces are generally easier to rent out because of lower rental costs associated with it but clusters will tend to fetch a higher premium unless the terrace in question is really large or have other features. Depends on what you want really.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Wuqi and Crystal for your explanations and source. I also just checked the TP statement on handphone driving offence. You are right the vehicle in motion is one of key criteria for handphone driving offence.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice, a full moon. How many of us truly appreciate the natural beauty around us.

Howllllllllll... Yesterday night I find it quite misty in HH.. Didn't pay attention to the moon.
I remembered the last 2004 tsunami.. The moon was big and bright...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bro, Once I answered an incoming call while getting thru the custom at tuas before I realised there were cameras everywhere. Fortunately I did not received a summon. But I reminded myself not to use the phone no matter what(I know its hard and I tend to do this especially when in Malaysia) while driving.

Its not their job to police that, likely will not get anything especially if you are stationary.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Howllllllllll... Yesterday night I find it quite misty in HH.. Didn't pay attention to the moon.

Yes it is, no wonder i heard howling in the distance or was it my tummy at midnight? Full moon nights = don't go out, people tend to be crazier on those days. Bring your sharpest silverware if you have to travel. :wink:

drowningfishes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had went back to see my unit at Nusa Idaman ytd. Finally the back entrance to precinct 4 was opened. Although all along I wanted to sell away the Semi D, now I am in state of confusion. It looks very nice with the nature reserve just behind. haizzz...

What do you think I should do? go ahead and sell for cut price... But I don't think I can afford to stay in that house of family problems. argh!

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good thing about HH is I save alot on air con bills. Although will erect them but first priority is to work full time from home through IM and trading and get someone else to run the coaching show for me in SGP.

Next stop in life is Taiwan if the above works pretty neat.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^Yea but a lot of mosquitoes every night if you leave the windows open!

Singaporeans look towards Malaysia for homes while Malaysians look towards Thailand :smile:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

There was a 8.5 quake off Acheh yesterday though I have not read reports of any tsunami created. Seems like there is something about full moon....just kidding

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thing about HH is I save alot on air con bills. Although will erect them but first priority is to work full time from home through IM and trading and get someone else to run the coaching show for me in SGP.

Next stop in life is Taiwan if the above works pretty neat.

Trading full time, staying in HH is a fantastic idea.. But sometime in a year, the good time for trading might occur only a few times.., I am saying from my equity perspective and I could be very wrong. If I can make consistent money from market, trading full time is a wonderful job...and I can live in HH full time immediately..golfing and swimming when market its not favourable..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had went back to see my unit at Nusa Idaman ytd. Finally the back entrance to precinct 4 was opened. Although all along I wanted to sell away the Semi D, now I am in state of confusion. It looks very nice with the nature reserve just behind. haizzz...

What do you think I should do? go ahead and sell for cut price... But I don't think I can afford to stay in that house of family problems. argh!

how abt try to rent out first ? It can helps to cover your monthly mortgage loan ....

Status
Not open for further replies.