• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I also did a search and got the same website you put up there.

Thank you very much for posting the website anyway.

But still psychologically I did not feel good the first moment I thought my bathroom was actually immediately above the front door because I should have thought through this when buying the house.

It will take a bit time to adjust back to normal state psychologically.

yes brothers.. i know. the feng shui is not the one and only thing that will determine my destiny and fate.
well.. let's put it this way... if it is within our means to control, why not? we can't really control our destiny and luck (though to a certain extent, we can still do it.. like mixing with the right people, having positive mindset etc). but for fengshui, doing good deeds and education, we can actually do it.
but i don't do good deeds just to get good karma though.. just feel like doing it to help people :wink:
just to share.. heard from radio 95.8 that blood banks in sg are in critical level.. can only last a few days.. if u are free, pls make a trip down.
i have done it 3 days back.. after stopping like 15 years ago (felt like a virgin when they drew blood the first time :biggrin:)

relocating the bathroom will involve a lot of redesign and architectural work.. not advised.. probably relocate the main door. but i am not sure the management will allow that?

as bros wuqi and yonglip said, it is not the end of the world.. it is just my wife and i couldn't get thru the psychological barrier.
there are many units (we saw at subsale gateway and the brochure at the greens) built this way, it doesn't mean everyone will kenna bad right?

anyway, just google 'house fengshui' for info.. there are tons on the internet.
one example i picked up http://fengshui.about.com/od/realestatefengshui/bb/feng-shui-buy-new-home.htm
then validate some of it with further google, example, 'bathroom over main door'.
many more results will appear... and the supposed remedies.
compare them and make an informed decision :wink:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, so far not even one incident of robbery, break-in or whatever bad incident happening in HH, right?

I wonder how safe East Ledang and its neighborhood are. Any Bros and Sis hear about bad incident happening in East Ledang and its neighborhood so far?

All these talks by the salesmen of nusa idaman are cheap. They claimed that workers left door open but itmis damn clear that the recent robbery is a break in and at 5am in the morning, the owner was jerked awake and his the spouse beaten by and tied.

Now if these sort of incidents happen in my own house, i will surely move out the next day. How can u sleep peacefully in the same bed again??

Security has to be beef up at nusa idaman. Hh security is still top notch at the moment. But i cant say no robberies will happen. If it happen, the guards are goingmto get it from the residents. So far my tenants can sleep peacefully at night. A few told me they dont even lock their metal doors and i always reminded them to play very safe.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you very much, Bro for the kind words. I know in the end, feng shui is one of the things and there is no such thing as being perfect.
Just because this is my first house, something beyond expection may create some degree of disappointment. I think we will recover from this short moment of disappointment very soon since it is not that big of a deal afterall with so many people having houses similar to this.

Not really, actually a lot of houses in even other developments are somehow built that way. Not possible unless you do some A&A as in internal renovation to change this. Internal is always easier to change than external factors. Of course, we can do everything possible to change the surroundings to serve us.

Just remember though, even the best feng shui guys could not do anything for the succeeding dynasties from Qin to Qing when its their time to fall.
Everything has a time and place, feng shui is a good guide to alleviate and to maximise but thats all it should be, as a guide.

They must have had the best guys but then nothing can save the empire when the mandate of heaven is gone.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, Bro, when I discussed with my wife about this a few hours ago, we were also thinking about similar things like you said below.

For people living in condo or HDB, in one way or another, one might find a toilet above his door, living room, kitchen or bed room.. How to avoid such bad feng shui?

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Staying top floor or penthouse can also be above other people's bedroom or toilets below his door etc. Being above the toilet is not necessarily a lot better than being below the toilet. :smile:

Haha Bro Gunner
Stay top floor lah or penthouse.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have heard that boy's urine can be used to fight away the bad things, maybe can collect some and spray at the vulnerable places?

Now I know why my son is meant to be my son.

I think Singapore fengshui has degraded. With toilets on most of our heads, we also have to drink our own "new" water..

Worse... Dead bodies in water tanks, dead bodies in bedok reservoir... For better fengshui, we got to live in JB.

Last edited:

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you all seen those 3 in 1 stainless steel metal door that comes with grille and frames? The lock system within their products was very impressive, there were more than six lock points. In addition, there is anti-theft function. During your reno period, you can pass a set of keys to the contractors. After they have left, you can use another master key to "wash" and reconfigure the internal lock system, and u use another set of keys that the package comes with. So there would be no worries that your contractor duplicating your keys.

www.newedge.com.my

And have you come across this product that is wire-mesh that serves to replace the ugly grille? Apparently, it's much tougher and harder to be broken into than the grilles. It can keep the mozzie and insects out too.

http://www.majestec.com/product/pro_cat.php?cid=2&cid_pr=2&cname=Security Doors

I had a chance to look at these 2 products recently at the home fair and I thought both product concepts were brilliant .... well, im saying good probably because I haven't seen enough on the variety of the products out there in the market, but nonetheless, I was still very impressed.

have you seen these products? What do you all think? pros and cons? these products dont come cheap for sure...

Hi, I've seen the 3 in 1 type, very practical and heavy duty but a bit not refine.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
For people living in condo or HDB, in one way or another, one might find a toilet above his door, living room, kitchen or bed room.. How to avoid such bad feng shui?

so far those i encountered are having the same design throughout the floors.. ie. main door at level 1 is located at the same place at level 2, and so on. i've not seen something like main door at level 1 but a toilet at level 2 in the same location.

there are a lot of stuff in fengshui.. this toilet thingy is just one of it.
as someone said earlier, his friend took years to find the 'perfect' one.. imo, this is just a reference, don't be too concerned and ruin everything. fengshui is also about mindset and balancing.

when i bought my hdb over 10yrs ago, i also never consider any fengshui.. later after i read up, i foudn my balcony and bedroom windows get affected by multiple 'bad sharp arrows' pointing towards me. and i didn't do any remedy.. sorta bochap.
yet, i'm doing well these years, am paid much better than my peers, have a wife (who don't need to work) and have 2 adorable and intelligent kids :biggrin:

so..if one has bought already, then just enjoy the staying in your house, focus on making it a better place to live in.
remember.. u are already a step ahead and better than the rest of us still stuck in a 99yr pigeon hole.

alamak..now i am a little regret about bringing up fengshui in the topic.. folks, it doesn't mean everything ok?? :cool:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I also did a search and got the same website you put up there.

Thank you very much for posting the website anyway.

But still psychologically I did not feel good the first moment I thought my bathroom was actually immediately above the front door because I should have thought through this when buying the house.

It will take a bit time to adjust back to normal state psychologically.

sorry i didn't tell the complete story when i said i didn't choose the unit..
toilet was just one of it, and was not the main concern.
the other aspect is the asking price. i asked around. the valuation is usually around/up to 600k. at nearly 700k, the cov is ridiculous.
probably like bro doa said, the agent played the market to push up the price.
i also wanted to minimize the loan.. imagine the interest (it is compounded right?) of a 400k loan after 20yrs... plus the principle of 700k, it will be around a million or more. i've not even considered a rise in the interest rate (unlikely it will stay constant throughout)
so if i need to sell it in future, would anyone in the right mind to buy a jb terrace for over a mil?

coupled with some of these issues, we've decided to take our time and look for others.

so bro.. don't get too concerned.. u got your freehold landed house. many in sg can only drool and sour grape!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have heard that boy's urine can be used to fight away the bad things, maybe can collect some and spray at the vulnerable places?

Now I know why my son is meant to be my son.

Kids are good as "dirty stuff" detectors. Yes their urine and the blood from the middle finger of ones right hand in emergencies. Black dogs blood, sea salt with glutinous rice (uncooked) and even green beans with sea salt are very useful. Don't do this unless you know what you are in for though.

Normal mopping of the floor daily or weekly with sea salt is good enough. Place small saucer of sea salt in the windows of the loo and change when it gets wet.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
sorry i didn't tell the complete story when i said i didn't choose the unit..
toilet was just one of it, and was not the main concern.
the other aspect is the asking price. i asked around. the valuation is usually around/up to 600k. at nearly 700k, the cov is ridiculous.
probably like bro doa said, the agent played the market to push up the price.
i also wanted to minimize the loan.. imagine the interest (it is compounded right?) of a 400k loan after 20yrs... plus the principle of 700k, it will be around a million or more. i've not even considered a rise in the interest rate (unlikely it will stay constant throughout)
so if i need to sell it in future, would anyone in the right mind to buy a jb terrace for over a mil?

coupled with some of these issues, we've decided to take our time and look for others.

so bro.. don't get too concerned.. u got your freehold landed house. many in sg can only drool and sour grape!

I think Feng Shui is just one aspect, you would also need to stay in the house, if you find that it brings you luck, then you should continue staying here. Even if you were to "upgrade" in future, do not sell that house but just keep it as it stores fortune for you.
Actually EL already have terraces above 1m a while back. Recently one was quoted to my friend at 1.25m

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you very much, Bro for the kind words. I know in the end, feng shui is one of the things and there is no such thing as being perfect.
Just because this is my first house, something beyond expection may create some degree of disappointment. I think we will recover from this short moment of disappointment very soon since it is not that big of a deal afterall with so many people having houses similar to this.

Take your time, yes even my units have this type of design, if it was really that bad, people would be dropping dead like flies or everyone busily downgrading. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, so far not even one incident of robbery, break-in or whatever bad incident happening in HH, right?

I wonder how safe East Ledang and its neighborhood are. Any Bros and Sis hear about bad incident happening in East Ledang and its neighborhood so far?

Crime is everywhere, no one can guarantee any place is 100% safe. Just need to make sure that there is proper follow up and handling of crime. The developer must also be responsible and do the follow up accordingly. As long as guards do their jobs and proper steps taken to harden the place + residents always help each other, it will be very difficult for things to happen again.

Residents should band together and have regular archery practice or get togethers regularly. Its better to do things proactively rather than reactively but then again, a lot of people think they are dirt rich so when you smile or wave at them, they think you are trying to suck up to them. It gets challenging at times but then again thats life. :smile:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids are good as "dirty stuff" detectors. Yes their urine and the blood from the middle finger of ones right hand in emergencies. Black dogs blood, sea salt with glutinous rice (uncooked) and even green beans with sea salt are very useful. Don't do this unless you know what you are in for though.

Normal mopping of the floor daily or weekly with sea salt is good enough. Place small saucer of sea salt in the windows of the loo and change when it gets wet.

I move into my 5 room few years ago and as my place has wind 24/7 so it's feng.... So I need to set up something with water to make it shui... So that is when I started having arowana... I used to have 3 tanks in the living room, 1 tank in my master room, 2 tier tanks in another, according to Chinese beliefs red arowana drives away bad stuff and to promote good health and golden arowana is for luck and fortune... Last time my wife and I always kana 4D... And it's good to have aro at home so at night u won't feel scare of darkness as the aquarium lights is on 24/7 also... The aro will see things we can't see, and it's like a dragon swimming in the tank and there is life in the living room every night. Some pppl on red lights for their red aro, to drive away bad stuff....

If no aro at home, the house seem very empty and scary. Dun believe me then go buy 1 and try.... It brings luck and good health and drive away fear!!! It's a feng shui fish also!!

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crime is everywhere, no one can guarantee any place is 100% safe. Just need to make sure that there is proper follow up and handling of crime. The developer must also be responsible and do the follow up accordingly. As long as guards do their jobs and proper steps taken to harden the place + residents always help each other, it will be very difficult for things to happen again.

Residents should band together and have regular archery practice or get togethers regularly. Its better to do things proactively rather than reactively but then again, a lot of people think they are dirt rich so when you smile or wave at them, they think you are trying to suck up to them. It gets challenging at times but then again thats life. :smile:

Talk about crimes, nowadays when I driving around SG, can see board from police stating crime beware... Theft of bicycle, house breaking, loan shark activity, etc... With more FT coming SG is no longer safer as before!!

How good if we can be voluntary police in MY, in phil they have barunguy captains where they appoint someone in the precinct who is of good conduct and allowing him to recruit new members to guard the area and have full power to arrest anyone who do bad things. They also allowed to have guns, their car or motorbike plates all in red color, that's mean government personnel.. They also have batons and handcuffs on standby.... Think MY should start this kind of safety precautions measures...

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys & Gals, just read the news in ST that EDL will impose toll only on SG registered cars! MY cars no need to pay toll!
Toll rates may rise to compensate for the low volume....:(
not sure how true this is but just hv to wait...

Dun know to laugh or cry after reading this...

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys & Gals, just read the news in ST that EDL will impose toll only on SG registered cars! MY cars no need to pay toll!
Toll rates may rise to compensate for the low volume....:(
not sure how true this is but just hv to wait...

Dun know to laugh or cry after reading this...

what the.... ...
the toll is collect at custom or they set up toll along EDL?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered Najib has weighed in on this one and some high power committee will make a good recommendation for all concerned...

Lets not jump d gun here and wait for official announcement. At least 'safe' till the GE...If d MY govt really value Sg investment n tourist dollars wic dey can get many times more the toll collectn.. Then they will make d right deciwion eventually..

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro DREAMorACTION,

Which porperty project are you referring to? Horizon Hills or Nusa Duta?
I have a bad experience with the agent you mentioned as well, Not only KC, but also his colleagues from the same company O*P Realty. JY, IK are a few names. They just simply shout the price. Imagine a property selling at 600K in January becomes 650K in February. They blamed it on the owner but the actual fact is, the valuation of the property comes back only at around 500K. The onwer is another problem, when one advertisement shows a higher price, all of them follow. The asking price does not reflect the actual price of the property.

I urged fellow brothers to becareful when dealing with agent. As mentioned before, it is best to purchase it directly from the developer. If no choice, then only got for subsale. Sorry for being harsh, but I would not recommend the above agents to anyone.

Bro who is JY??

Status
Not open for further replies.