• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lina Chiam will SPEAK in Parliament. Hope she brings up the $10 million story.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mda-clears-air-over-licensing-framework-/693822.html

On Friday evening, the Singapore People’s Party (SPP) issued a statement on its Facebook page that Non-Constituency Member of Parliament Lina Chiam has filed an adjournment motion to speak on the new media licensing rules at the next Parliament sitting.

This is subject to confirmation by the Parliament Secretariat.

In its statement, SPP said it views MDA's latest licensing regime for websites with grave concern.

- CNA/ir/fa

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't expect a razor-sharp debate coming from her.. she will probably just ask a very general question about this issue and get bulldozed by Yaacob or whoever chooses to defend the PAP's stance.

What is amazing to me is that none of the Workers Party MPs are even talking about this. Pritam Singh, for one, would have been able to embarrass the PAP with his wit and his debating skills.. but I suppose the WP only cares about municipal matters like town council waste management and S&C charges, not issues like media freedom

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't expect a razor-sharp debate coming from her.. she will probably just ask a very general question about this issue and get bulldozed by Yaacob or whoever chooses to defend the PAP's stance.

What is amazing to me is that none of the Workers Party MPs are even talking about this. Pritam Singh, for one, would have been able to embarrass the PAP with his wit and his debating skills.. but I suppose the WP only cares about municipal matters like town council waste management and S&C charges, not issues like media freedom
Lina cannot make it la. Now WP screw up in punggol east liao. The estate going down the drains. Worse off than during PAP times.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I said before WP is PAP Team B. sinkies' strong support for WP is a subconscious reflection of their love for PAP.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Auntie can file that motion, it means she may have done it with WP support. That's an interesting development.

A motion needs 5 MPs. Unlikely that 5 PAP MPs supported her or 5 NMPs had enough balls to.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cpt (NS) Brandon aka pap ib member ??

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, sinkies still love the old pap, in which WP tries hard to emulate. The new pap is totally selfish and screwed up.

It is not about WP's love for PAP. the WP does not agree with the PAP. That much is obvious.

However, the WP realises that the only way for it to win VOTES is to cater to the concerns of the masses. These are limited purely to municipal issues and technical issues, not the more abstract issues like media freedom. Therefore, the WP has managed to win a lot of popular support (and will probably continue to do so) as soon as the mindsets of the Singapore electorate remain unchanged.

Where there is demand, there will be supply.

The PAP and WP have eschewed ideology for populism, in different ways of course.

The parties that are fixated on ideology are not doing well electorally.

Which is the real tragedy about Singapore -- it tells you something about the quality of the electorate.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's vote them out and have a fully pap parliament so u can shut your mouth in future

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you need help. The first rule of politics is to get votes. Even a moron with one good leg knows that. You suck Chee's dick to take it in all the abstract ideas proclaiming all things but no ones benefits it and there are no votes. No WP Mp has travelled extensively around the world as Chee despite his bankruptcy. It was only later that they imposed the travel ban. And guess what, the moment he got out of bankruptcy from public donations, he flew to the US in days. What does that tell you. Collect money from simpletons and fly not to China or India but the US.

When Chen gave an interview to the journalist he did it at a hawker Centre. Chee did it at the Fullerton. Guess which is the multi-millionamnaire.

It is not about WP's love for PAP. the WP does not agree with the PAP. That much is obvious.

However, the WP realises that the only way for it to win VOTES is to cater to the concerns of the masses. These are limited purely to municipal issues and technical issues, not the more abstract issues like media freedom. Therefore, the WP has managed to win a lot of popular support (and will probably continue to do so) as soon as the mindsets of the Singapore electorate remain unchanged.

Where there is demand, there will be supply.

The PAP and WP have eschewed ideology for populism, in different ways of course.

The parties that are fixated on ideology are not doing well electorally.

Which is the real tragedy about Singapore -- it tells you something about the quality of the electorate.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
She should give up politics and take up gardening and tai chi instead.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you need help. The first rule of politics is to get votes. Even a moron with one good leg knows that. You suck Chee's dick to take it in all the abstract ideas proclaiming all things but no ones benefits it and there are no votes. No WP Mp has travelled extensively around the world as Chee despite his bankruptcy. It was only later that they imposed the travel ban. And guess what, the moment he got out of bankruptcy from public donations, he flew to the US in days. What does that tell you. Collect money from simpletons and fly not to China or India but the US.

When Chen gave an interview to the journalist he did it at a hawker Centre. Chee did it at the Fullerton. Guess which is the multi-millionamnaire.

Yes the WP is on the right path. They got to win over the masses with better common sense policies. As for Chee and his followers they can cater for those abstract human rights democracy lovers....someone once quoted "What is democracy....can u eat it??"