• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Limits on the term of Prime Minister

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder, will the American system of limiting the President's term to two 4-year terms (total: 8 years) work in Singapore? After all, don't you think that the PM post should be shared among other ministers to prove their worth instead of one old fart hogging it for 31 years, a tall guy ruled for 14 years and now Prince might rule for another more 10 years for now.

Ironically, Russia, being the former Soviet Union, does implement a clause that disallow the Prime Minister from serving three consecutive terms.

Do you fellas think such system will work in Singapore?

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
how to compare angmoh with us?
they even had to come n learn from us how to beef up their education system liao.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
how to compare angmoh with us?
they even had to come n learn from us how to beef up their education system liao.
But at least they do not make their political leaders too powerful and dynastic. Though I admit their education standard is not that sophiscated but it is because they encourages students to do what they like. If they like arts or music, they will give them the opportunity, unlike Singapore.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such a rule would not be needed if Singapore was not a one Familee dictatorship.
Precisely why I think this should be implemented in Singapore.

One powerful family dynasty is bound to wreck any country because of complacency and no agency dares to check on them. Just look at what the two Bush did to USA.

Father Bush brought US into the Middle-East conflict, Young Bush brought US into the Middle-East conflict again and made America bankrupt.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the government will not implement such system until such time PAP is the opposition then maybe PAP will fight hard to limit the number of terms a PM can serve. Until then, I think it would be an indefinite terms... as long as that person continues to be "seen" useful.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder, will the American system of limiting the President's term to two 4-year terms (total: 8 years) work in Singapore? After all, don't you think that the PM post should be shared among other ministers to prove their worth instead of one old fart hogging it for 31 years, a tall guy ruled for 14 years and now Prince might rule for another more 10 years for now.

Ironically, Russia, being the former Soviet Union, does implement a clause that disallow the Prime Minister from serving three consecutive terms.

Do you fellas think such system will work in Singapore?

Another familee dragon prince gonna take over in 10 years.. You think they will cut their family line????

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the government will not implement such system until such time PAP is the opposition then maybe PAP will fight hard to limit the number of terms a PM can serve. Until then, I think it would be an indefinite terms... as long as that person continues to be "seen" useful.
By the time PAP is opposition, they can't do anything. :biggrin:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes sg should max 3 term of 4 years each....but this will never happen in sg......the company simply will not allow it...unless u bring down the company

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes sg should max 3 term of 4 years each....but this will never happen in sg......the company simply will not allow it...unless u bring down the company
Let us hope the 66.6% wake up and vote opposition in. The bad thing is, Sinkies are too choosy when it comes to opposition. They should put such fussiness aside and vote Oppo in.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let us hope the 66.6% wake up and vote opposition in. The bad thing is, Sinkies are too choosy when it comes to opposition. They should put such fussiness aside and vote Oppo in.

yeah on the surface sinkies seems an educated lot...but reality they are just dumb or cant be bothered......the company will just carry on the line son after son....sinkies will just continue to say yes they can...... and suffer...

if sinkies have to pay 10k in tax then they rather work hard to earn 15k to pay the company...instead of thinking why not change or get rid of the company

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah on the surface sinkies seems an educated lot...but reality they are just dumb or cant be bothered......the company will just carry on the line son after son....sinkies will just continue to say yes they can...... and suffer...

if sinkies have to pay 10k in tax then they rather work hard to earn 15k to pay the company...instead of thinking why not change or get rid of the company
Sinkies study till master degre but still don't know the basic rule of solving problems, which the golden solution is to get rid of it. They seem to know only how to push back or delay the problem but not getting rid of it.

You have to give credit to the Thais and Australians. They have the guts to tell the govt to fuck off and give in to people's power. The red-shirts managed to beseige Bangkok till the govt had to use lethal force, but in terms of propaganda, the red-shirts had already won.

The Aussies simply protest to Rudd to restrict immigration and in the end, Rudd complied with them. Sinkies fail to understand that power does not lie in the govt, but in their voting slips.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in China Hu Jintao will step down in 2012.

Sgp leaders can stay for so long double dipping into our limited taxpayer monies! Collecting salaries and Pension money not to mention how many Board of director and chairmanship of government linked companies!

CAD must be blind investigating Kong Hee Fatt Choy instead of Lee Regime who lost billions of our taxpayers monies!
Yup, even China and Russia practice term limits. And that is considering, they were once communist countries. The sad thing is, leaders are not there cause they are good, leaders are only there because FamiLee says they should be there.

We have too many positions in Singapore that serves as a confusion. Mayor, President, etc.

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the time PAP is opposition, they can't do anything. :biggrin:

They can. The army will be out and the civil service will not serve the new government. So whoever takes over has to remove and purge all links to the PAP govt. Not a standard textbook knowledge but common sense.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. So tell everyone the truth and to vote wisely to end the dynasty.
I do tell others, but it is up to them not to be tricked by PAPies again. You should seen how gullible some became once they received GST credits, which essentially, is their own money paid for taxes.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can. The army will be out and the civil service will not serve the new government. So whoever takes over has to remove and purge all links to the PAP govt. Not a standard textbook knowledge but common sense.
I am sure most Army people are also sick of PAP, esp all the NSFs. For civil service, maybe they are the only bastion of PAP support left.