• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Likely PAP candidates for GE

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE : Keppel Integrated Engineering (KIE) has appointed Brigadier-General (NS) Tay Lim Heng as Deputy CEO with effect from June 15.

BG Tay will also assume the position of executive director for Sustainable Development.

KIE is the environment arm of Keppel Corporation.

Keppel said BG Tay's appointment is to beef up its pool of senior management.

Prior to this appointment, BG Tay was the Deputy Secretary for Development at the National Development Ministry.

He was previously also the chief executive of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore.

Looks like the prelude to standing as a PAP candidate for the GE....He is one of 2 BGs likely to be fielded. Two other scholars both ex SPFOS, have also been identified. One is the current MAS MD, the other has been parachuted into NTUC and appointed to the Marsiling CC. A Supt, he was previously Deputy Cmdr of Clementi Div.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bhoven

Hmmm well done I will bet my left leg that BG will be standing. Heng Swee Keat was always on the short list but I wonder whether he will accept them this time wrong as he rejected them the last time. The CEO of SPH Magazines also left and that is a STRONG possibility.

Locke

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the showcasing of new PAP finds at its party conference is any indication of its success in talent hunting, it must be be sombering. That it found only 40 out of 240 initial potential candidates worth interviewing , and only 2 in the 30-35 age group were limelighted reflects either a more rigid screening procedure, a more exacting criteria or more likely the case - a disconnect with the best and brigthest in the younger generation. This I have previously argued manifested itself in the less than stellar calibre of recent scholars. The PAP should do some serious soul searching if it is as it always claims it is doing - thinking LT and for the overall good of the country and its citizens and not for some elite constituencies. No one can disagree that we need competent national leaders who have integrity and honesty, and who really care for the country and are not motivated purely by material reward or need for ego massaging. But when with all its resources, the government of the day cannot in its trawling turn up more potential candidates than this in the younger age group to join its ranks ( rumour is that no less than 3 MFA scholars staffers are members of a opposition party ) it must re-examine the unthinking execution of some of its policies which while well rationalised need fine tuning in adoption. It is not simply bad amateurish PR ( which is clearly demonstrated in the incessant media gaffes and attempts to treat its audience as infantiles by some ministars ). The feel on the ground is more than inches above it...where are you glass loot leaders ?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ahhh... introduce new ball-licking PAP sinkie breeds here... I wonder if they are ashame of themselves for behaving like that..

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are likely to be highly educated, scholar and very OBEDIENT..

Lastly they give politically correct answer..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Bhoven

Hmmm well done I will bet my left leg that BG will be standing. Heng Swee Keat was always on the short list but I wonder whether he will accept them this time wrong as he rejected them the last time. The CEO of SPH Magazines also left and that is a STRONG possibility.

Locke

EDB boss Leo Yip another possibility. SC Cavinder Bull too.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KB Soo is a penang kia, he now hold pink tengki meh?

anyway kb soo better do something on his dirty teeth and horrible england. listen to his interviews always bring laughter to me. But i dont like him as the farker terik horse and his riding skill really not up to scratch. Just look at how he wore his stirrup will know he a lousy jockey. Saimee can go to die. All the trainers that use him as a retained jockey all like to give jabs or "fix" races and have their license revoked by STC. Saimee is just as guilty as them.

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KB Soo is a penang kia, he now hold pink tengki meh?

anyway kb soo better do something on his dirty teeth and horrible england. listen to his interviews always bring laughter to me. But i dont like him as the farker terik horse and his riding skill really not up to scratch. Just look at how he wore his stirrup will know he a lousy jockey. Saimee can go to die. All the trainers that use him as a retained jockey all like to give jabs or "fix" races and have their license revoked by STC. Saimee is just as guilty as them.

Hahahaha .... Agree.

Like that, faster give citizenship easily to Vlad Duric and Oliver Placais ...:eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee Soon Juan and sister, Low Thia Khiang, Jufrie, Ling How Doong, James Gomez, Steve Chia, Goh Meng Seng, Uncle Yap and Wong Hong Toy.

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
sources from MAS told me that the MD was on 3 months leave earlier this year to attend media training... which was what Tharman did in 2001..

can a civil servant attend media training at a political party headquarters on paid leave?

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
the main thing holding back Heng Swee Keat is objection from his wife.. understand that his wife is still very reluctant for him to enter politics

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE : Keppel Integrated Engineering (KIE) has appointed Brigadier-General (NS) Tay Lim Heng as Deputy CEO with effect from June 15.

BG Tay will also assume the position of executive director for Sustainable Development.

KIE is the environment arm of Keppel Corporation.

Keppel said BG Tay's appointment is to beef up its pool of senior management.

Prior to this appointment, BG Tay was the Deputy Secretary for Development at the National Development Ministry.

He was previously also the chief executive of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore.

Looks like the prelude to standing as a PAP candidate for the GE....He is one of 2 BGs likely to be fielded. Two other scholars both ex SPFOS, have also been identified. One is the current MAS MD, the other has been parachuted into NTUC and appointed to the Marsiling CC. A Supt, he was previously Deputy Cmdr of Clementi Div.

sounds old. if he's standing, then it's minister or nothing.