• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Letting Live Or Taking On

jw5

Loyal
Do you ever have moments where you wonder whether you should take on someone or something that you believe to be wrong or whether you should just let it be or let it go or "let live"?

For example, if you see someone eating in the MRT, would you ask the person to stop? Would you complain to the station staff? Or would you just ignore the person? Would your decision change based on who the person is (male or female, alone or with a big group of people, local or FT, etc)?

Or in other instances, would your decision to take on the person or situation or let live be based on how important the thing was to you or how it affects you? Or perhaps due to your mood that day?

Kindly share some experiences and your comments/thoughts. :smile:

southwest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would your decision change based on who the person is (male or female, alone or with a big group of people, local or FT, etc)?

It depends on the presence of the [holy] spirit :rolleyes: :eek:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me depend on situation and my mood. If I lost my patient and mood then it will be bad luck for that person.

jw5

Loyal
For me depend on situation and my mood. If I lost my patient and mood then it will be bad luck for that person.
What would you do to that person? Can you cite some recent examples where you took on someone?

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot another option, there's always the internet. :biggrin:

Look at Stomp, A "sinkie" will keep quiet like a little mouse, hide in 1 corner take a picture then post it online and talk like a hero.

Another example you see can everyday here, is those "Anti-Sinkie" crusaders. They claim that they are disgusted by sinkie behaviors they see everyday, but what do they do?? NOTHING, that's they did. :rolleyes: To put it in a more direct way, there is NOTHING they can do, except to come on the internet and act big cause they can't do it in real life. Guess it helps to stroke their e-penis. Don't you love the irony?? They are behaving like the kind person they hate so much. :o

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One example. when Q someone cut into my line even infront of few guy of me don't dare to speed up. I go to him told him that( Mr. don't u know how to Q).

Another one.
One stupid driver stop just outside the carpark not moving no car infront of him maybe waiting for someone with double signal/hazard light ON. When horn he only move a about 1 ft at one time after few time the space still not enough for me to overtake. I take my umbrella and knock on his car. Then he move at least 3 metre with enough for me to get out. If not move I might smash his window. But hope you all don't think I an animal. Some think I see car broke down on the road I will help to push and the are 3 accident on the road I stop my car to help them.

jw5

Loyal
Agree that it depends very much on our mood, but for me, it's very important that I look at the person's face.
If I see that the person has a kwai lan or arrogant look or "catch me if you can" type look on his or her face, I will tend to take him on.
But if the person has a placid and innocent look and seems to be unaware that he is doing something wrong, I will tend to let it go.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...you see can everyday here, is those "Anti-Sinkie" crusaders. They claim that they are disgusted by sinkie behaviors they see everyday, but what do they do?? NOTHING, that's they did..except to come on the internet and act big cause they can't do it in real life. Guess it helps to stroke their e-penis. Don't you love the irony?? They are behaving like the kind person they hate so much.
Bang on. Err, therapy for e-penile dysfunction in real life?:wink::p

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Compare to all country around the world. Singaporean is rank top 10 don't dare to speek up theirs right, Really shame, even now PRC get a medal in Olympic. All peoples on the street really hate PRC getting the medal but our President, PM and Ministers cheering and claping like crazy man.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you ever have moments where you wonder whether you should take on someone or something that you believe to be wrong or whether you should just let it be or let it go or "let live"?

For example, if you see someone eating in the MRT, would you ask the person to stop? Would you complain to the station staff? Or would you just ignore the person? Would your decision change based on who the person is (male or female, alone or with a big group of people, local or FT, etc)?

Or in other instances, would your decision to take on the person or situation or let live be based on how important the thing was to you or how it affects you? Or perhaps due to your mood that day?

Kindly share some experiences and your comments/thoughts. :smile:

Let live and take on depends on the situation.

If for instance, seeing someone eat in the MRT is wrong, so should ask the person to stop.
The rule is made for the Greater Good for everybody (copied this from someone whom i read) Imagine if everyone start eating and the train will smell.

If for instance, now the situation is on a political situation. I would prefer to leave it to democratic results to decide. RESULTS. Not losers who are sore in not getting the way they want it to be and they keep voicing their objections. No result will satisfy both sides. So 1 side will win, the other side will lose. But if its decided by voting, accept the result, even if lose, accept it graciously.

The only avenue the loser can do is to voice his displeasure repeatedly, regurgitating old facts and it gives others a feeling, this kind of people can't swallow failure.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot another option, there's always the internet. :biggrin:

Look at Stomp, A "sinkie" will keep quiet like a little mouse, hide in 1 corner take a picture then post it online and talk like a hero.

Another example you see can everyday here, is those "Anti-Sinkie" crusaders. They claim that they are disgusted by sinkie behaviors they see everyday, but what do they do?? NOTHING, that's they did. :rolleyes: To put it in a more direct way, there is NOTHING they can do, except to come on the internet and act big cause they can't do it in real life. Guess it helps to stroke their e-penis. Don't you love the irony?? They are behaving like the kind person they hate so much. :o

It's the only place they can whine. That is why to a certain extent, let these people win on the internet. Because they can't get their point heard in real life, they had to come here. Actually I pity these people. Because hatred has filled their hearts. :(