• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lau Lee Visit Malaysia...wow 8 Days!

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updated: Saturday June 6, 2009 MYT 12:05:33 PM
Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew to visit Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR: Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore's first Prime Minister, is to visit Malaysia next week to tour several states and meet with a number of Malaysian leaders, businessmen, opinion leaders and senior journalists.

His eight-day visit,starting from Monday until June 15, starts with a meeting with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak as well as with several high-level officials, top editors and politicians.

Officials from both countries say the 85-year-old Lee is also scheduled to meet Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin as well as Umno politicians and old friends in what some regard as a trip down memory lane.

It is learnt that the Singaporean media will be sending a big group of journalists to cover Lee's visit, which will take him to Perak, Penang, Kelantan and Pahang.

Lee is scheduled to visit Ipoh and have an audience with the Sultan of Perak, Sultan Azlan Shah, and call on Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir.

Recent picture of Singaporean Minister Mentor Lee Kwan Yew shows him reacting during a dialogue with Japan Foundation President Kazuo Ogoura, unseen, at the 15th International Conference on "The Future of Asia" in Tokyo Friday, May 22. - AP Photo/Katsumi Kasahara

He will then travel to Penang where he will call on Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and then cross over to Kelantan in the east coast.

Lee is scheduled to have an audience with the Regent of Kelantan, Tengku Muhammad Faris Petra, and call on Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat in what is believed to be their first face-to-face meeting.

Lee will then proceed south to Pahang where he will have an audience with Sultan Ahmad Shah and call on Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob.

Lee's son, Hsien Loong, the current prime minister of Singapore, is expected to visit Kuala Lumpur soon.

Political analysts believe the elder Lee's visit to Malaysia will be more than just "a trip down memory lane" as he is known to be a person who always keeps abreast of developments, particularly in gauging the scenario of the place which shares its history with Singapore. As Prof Datuk Dr Shamsul Amri Baharuddin points out, Lee is a person who understands very well the relationship between the two countries, as he had a part in the history of the formation of Malaysia and the separation of Singapore from Malaysia.

"The visit can be viewed as an endorsement for (Prime Minister) Najib as Lee is known as a person who deeply believes that if Malaysia is not stable, it will affect Singapore," he says.

"Najib is the son of (Malaysia's second Prime Minister) Tun Abdul Razak while Lee and Tun Abdul Razak were peers, having done law together in London ... another layer of relationship.

"I know Lee is very concerned with what is happening in Malaysia as anything that happens here will affect Singapore. Things that shape Malaysia will shape Singapore," says Prof

Shamsul Amri, who will be among those Lee is expected to meet during his visit.

He says Lee has likened situations in Malaysia and Singapore to the "umbilical cord" which connects the two countries.

Prof Shamsul Amri says that before Lee makes any statement, he will have given it deep thought as he is not the kind of leader who likes to make popular statements.

"If you look at his speeches, you know that he has a lot of information at his disposal," he adds.

Another political analyst, Dr Oh Ei Sun, believes that Lee will be taking stock of the latest developments in Malaysia during the visit besides looking at ways to improve bilateral relations, something which he often does when he travels abroad.

"He will be meeting different strata of society. He is more or less advisor to the government. He not only advises the Singapore government. Sometimes he also offers his advice to the country he visits," he says.

Malaysia and Singapore had a difficult relationship when Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was the Malaysian prime minister while during the era of his successor, Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, the relationship grew a bit warmer, he says.

"Now Najib has taken over. Kuan Yew is an old acquaintance of Najib's father (Tun Abdul Razak). Perhaps he will take this opportunity to look into ways to improve the relationship. I think this trip will bring the relationship closer," he adds. - Bernama

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Prof Shamsul Amri says that before Lee makes any statement, he will have given it deep thought as he is not the kind of leader who likes to make popular statements."

Your mischievous title suggests he is there to jiak hong. Obviously you do not know MM Lee - he never travels to any place just for the purpose of jiak hong. He would be mad if he does.

He usually goes to places to guage and size up the mood, the leaders, the people and the places - invalubale experiences which he could share with the leaders and business people - as testified by the learned professor no less.

Look at his itinerary to Peninsular Malaysia carefully. He is visiting Penang, Kelantan, and Perak - places which are controlled by the opposition. And he will come back with insightful tales to tell - not your ordinary I-travel-here-I-visit-there sort of stories!

It will make you feel good to kowtow to a great leader you have.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Siao char bor, you are right! But to make me do that he would have to s88k my dick first but on second thought i wouldn't want a lau hum ku to that. Already got PRC meimeis queuing up. Yucks! :eek:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at his itinerary to Peninsular Malaysia carefully. He is visiting Penang, Kelantan, and Perak - places which are controlled by the opposition. And he will come back with insightful tales to tell - not your ordinary I-travel-here-I-visit-there sort of stories!

He is meeting the Sultan of Perak, Sultan Azlan Shah, and calling on Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir? Is he finding out more about the unstable situation in Perak? Or legitimising the zombie's rule?

Will they kowtow to LKY as a great leader? I know LKY as a BIG bully. Maybe he is there to give the BN some of his insightful bullying tricks?

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry lah....he's not a super-infector to Matland....even though he's been to China, U.k etc

If they kena oink oink flu...honest mistake. What to do..it happened:biggrin:

gtang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bookmark us | About us | Advertise | Login | Register

ASIAONE NEWS | SINGAPORE | MALAYSIA | ASIA | WORLD | BUSINESS | CRIME | SHOWBIZ | SPORTS | TECH | HEALTH

>> ASIAONE / NEWS / ASIAONE NEWS / MALAYSIA / STORY

Sun, Jun 07, 2009
AFP

Lee Kuan Yew visits Malaysia for 1st time in 10 yrs

Singapore's elder statesman Lee Kuan Yew arrived in Malaysia on Monday for a four-day visit, his first in a decade, amid hopes he will help remove the many thorns in the relationship between the two historically linked nations.

Traveling by road, Lee told the Malaysian daily New Straits Times in an interview Sunday that he wants to view for himself ''the sea of change'' in Malaysia.

His first stop was Malaysia's southernmost state Johor, followed by Malacca. He is then scheduled to proceed to Kuala Lumpur, where he will visit the world's tallest building, the Petronas Twin Towers, the new federal administrative center Putrajaya and Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

Lee, who holds the post of senior minister, will meet with Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and his deputy Abdullah Ahmad Badawi on Tuesday. On Monday, he is to meet with Finance Minister Daim Zainuddin.

Singapore separated from Malaysia in 1965 after two years of stormy clashes between Lee and Malaysia's first prime minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al Haj, on differences centered on ethnic Malay-Chinese adjustments in the newly independent Malaysian state.

After the separation, Lee became the tiny island-state's first prime minister and ruled for 31 years before acceding power to Goh Chok Tong in 1990.

That year was also the last time Lee visited Malaysia on official business.

''I have not gone up (to Malaysia) since because I did not want to cross my PM's line with Dr. Mahathir. I have stayed away from two countries, or rather, two leaders -- Mahathir and (former Indonesian President) Suharto. Prime Minister Goh wanted to establish ties with them,'' he told the newspaper.

But lately, the two neighbors have been embroiled in disputes on several issues, ranging from the location of a border customs and immigration post to the negotiation of a new water supply agreement.

The release of Lee's memoirs, ''The Singapore Story,'' in 1998 also reopened old wounds as Malaysia questioned the veracity of some historical portions of Lee's book.

With these issues hanging over his visit, hopes are high that Lee, who has long personal ties with many of Malaysia's senior leaders, will help pave the way for solutions.

''If I can facilitate a resolution, I will try to do so,'' Lee was quoted as saying.But he added modestly that he has little influence over the Singapore government and political authority still lies with Goh. -AFP

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Prof Shamsul Amri says that before Lee makes any statement, he will have given it deep thought as he is not the kind of leader who likes to make popular statements."

Your mischievous title suggests he is there to jiak hong. Obviously you do not know MM Lee - he never travels to any place just for the purpose of jiak hong. He would be mad if he does.

He usually goes to places to guage and size up the mood, the leaders, the people and the places - invalubale experiences which he could share with the leaders and business people - as testified by the learned professor no less.

The title is not mischievous...it is Lau Lee Visit Malaysia for 8 days...wether it is for leisure or work, that is not the concern...after all he has the right to go there on a leisure visit..obviously this is on an invitation by the current Malaysian government; will the previous one, would want him to visit for 8 days?, for it will upset the people & the leader that was in power at that time.

He can't be going there for a leisure visit....the people he is seeing are planned...

So, wether he jiat hong or not.....it does not concern us!...so what if he is going for jiat hong trip!...as long as the taxpayer's money spent , is worth all the troubles...!!

:rolleyes:

gtang

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said!

The title is not mischievous...it is Lau Lee Visit Malaysia for 8 days...wether it is for leisure or work, that is not the concern...after all he has the right to go there on a leisure visit..obviously this is on an invitation by the current Malaysian government; will the previous one, would want him to visit for 8 days?, for it will upset the people & the leader that was in power at that time.

He can't be going there for a leisure visit....the people he is seeing are planned...

So, wether he jiat hong or not.....it does not concern us!...so what if he is going for jiat hong trip!...as long as the taxpayer's money spent , is worth all the troubles...!!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/QUOTE]''If I can facilitate a resolution, I will try to do so,'' Lee was quoted as saying.But he added modestly that he has little influence over the Singapore government and political authority still lies with Goh. -AFP[/QUOTE]

This Nah Beh CB is trying to score points.

It is the Malaysian who are initiating the closer cooperation and Lau Lee wants to grab the limelight and the credit for whatever concessions Malaysian are now appearing ready to give.

He still hasn't given up the bad habit of being an opportunist just like during WW2 with the Japs.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updated: Saturday June 6, 2009 MYT 12:05:33 PM
Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew to visit Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR: Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore's first Prime Minister, is to visit Malaysia next week to tour several states and meet with a number of Malaysian leaders, businessmen, opinion leaders and senior journalists.

His eight-day visit,starting from Monday until June 15, starts with a meeting with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak as well as with several high-level officials, top editors and politicians.

Officials from both countries say the 85-year-old Lee is also scheduled to meet Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin as well as Umno politicians and old friends in what some regard as a trip down memory lane.

It is learnt that the Singaporean media will be sending a big group of journalists to cover Lee's visit, which will take him to Perak, Penang, Kelantan and Pahang.

Lee is scheduled to visit Ipoh and have an audience with the Sultan of Perak, Sultan Azlan Shah, and call on Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir.

Recent picture of Singaporean Minister Mentor Lee Kwan Yew shows him reacting during a dialogue with Japan Foundation President Kazuo Ogoura, unseen, at the 15th International Conference on "The Future of Asia" in Tokyo Friday, May 22. - AP Photo/Katsumi Kasahara

He will then travel to Penang where he will call on Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and then cross over to Kelantan in the east coast.

Lee is scheduled to have an audience with the Regent of Kelantan, Tengku Muhammad Faris Petra, and call on Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat in what is believed to be their first face-to-face meeting.

Lee will then proceed south to Pahang where he will have an audience with Sultan Ahmad Shah and call on Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob.

Lee's son, Hsien Loong, the current prime minister of Singapore, is expected to visit Kuala Lumpur soon.

Political analysts believe the elder Lee's visit to Malaysia will be more than just "a trip down memory lane" as he is known to be a person who always keeps abreast of developments, particularly in gauging the scenario of the place which shares its history with Singapore. As Prof Datuk Dr Shamsul Amri Baharuddin points out, Lee is a person who understands very well the relationship between the two countries, as he had a part in the history of the formation of Malaysia and the separation of Singapore from Malaysia.

"The visit can be viewed as an endorsement for (Prime Minister) Najib as Lee is known as a person who deeply believes that if Malaysia is not stable, it will affect Singapore," he says.

"Najib is the son of (Malaysia's second Prime Minister) Tun Abdul Razak while Lee and Tun Abdul Razak were peers, having done law together in London ... another layer of relationship.

"I know Lee is very concerned with what is happening in Malaysia as anything that happens here will affect Singapore. Things that shape Malaysia will shape Singapore," says Prof

Shamsul Amri, who will be among those Lee is expected to meet during his visit.

He says Lee has likened situations in Malaysia and Singapore to the "umbilical cord" which connects the two countries.

Prof Shamsul Amri says that before Lee makes any statement, he will have given it deep thought as he is not the kind of leader who likes to make popular statements.

"If you look at his speeches, you know that he has a lot of information at his disposal," he adds.

Another political analyst, Dr Oh Ei Sun, believes that Lee will be taking stock of the latest developments in Malaysia during the visit besides looking at ways to improve bilateral relations, something which he often does when he travels abroad.

"He will be meeting different strata of society. He is more or less advisor to the government. He not only advises the Singapore government. Sometimes he also offers his advice to the country he visits," he says.

Malaysia and Singapore had a difficult relationship when Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was the Malaysian prime minister while during the era of his successor, Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, the relationship grew a bit warmer, he says.

"Now Najib has taken over. Kuan Yew is an old acquaintance of Najib's father (Tun Abdul Razak). Perhaps he will take this opportunity to look into ways to improve the relationship. I think this trip will bring the relationship closer," he adds. - Bernama
Great,it is a pleasure to see Dr MadMati die fr madness with Lau LEE first

To hell with these two idiots,the self proclaimed wisemen fr Asia.

I dare beg that Lau LEE carries with him an old photo of candle light dinner of Naji with a Mongalian model in Oriental Mandarin,80th floor with a room no,808 written behind.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jiat hong lah. Everyone knows its the School holidays :p

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Lau Lee is about to meet Yanluo Wang soon...

when a person is about to "go". he will start thinking about the past, things he missed from yesterday.

Lau Lee must have missed his old British masters and Malaya. That explain his recent overseas trips. expect him to make a quick trip to Japan too, maybe a trip to Yasukuni WWII shrine, his undying loyalty to the Emperor of Japan, his great service to the Japan empire. He wanted to relieve the old memories before time ran out.