• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Larry Hagman, Dallas' JR Ewing, dies aged 81

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actor who found fame as the machiavellian Texan oilman in US soap dies in Dallas hospital after battle against throat cancer

Saturday 24 November 2012 11.34 GMT

img_606X341_2411-usa-larry-hagman.jpg

Larry Hagman's Dallas co-star Linda Gray called the actor her 'best friend for 35 years'.

Larry Hagman, who played one of television's most infamous villains – the amoral oil tycoon JR Ewing – in the longrunning soap Dallas, has died at the age of 81.

The actor's family confirmed his death after the Dallas Morning News reported Hagman had died of complications from throat cancer in hospital in the city on Friday. He had suffered from liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver in the 1990s after decades of drinking.

Hagman first found fame in 1965 staring in I Dream of Jeannie, a popular television sitcom in which he played Major Anthony Nelson, an astronaut who discovers a beautiful genie in a bottle.

But it was his role as the machiavellian oilman JR Ewing in Dallas that made Hagman an international star. The soap, which ran for 13 seasons from 1978 to 1991, broke viewing records with more than 350m people worldwide tuning in to the cliffhanger 1980 episode to find out "Who shot JR?".

Hagman's character became the villain TV viewers loved to hate, grinning wickedly in his Stetson cowboy hat and boots, plotting how to undermine his business rivals, his brother Bobby, and cheat on his long-suffering wife Sue Ellen.

His Dallas co-stars joined with his family to pay tribute to the star, who had recently returned to the role of JR in the 2012 revival of the series.

"Larry was back in his beloved Dallas re-enacting the iconic role he loved most," his family said in a statement carried by the Morning News. "Larry's family and close friends had joined him in Dallas for the Thanksgiving holiday. When he passed, he was surrounded by loved ones. It was a peaceful passing, just as he had wished for. The family requests privacy at this time."

Linda Gray, who plays Sue Ellen, called Hagman her "best friend for 35 years" and was at his bedside when he died, her agent told the BBC.

In a statement, she said: "He was the Pied Piper of life and brought joy to everyone he knew. He was creative, generous, funny, loving and talented and I will miss him enormously. He was an original and lived life to the full."

Ken Kercheval, who played JR's business rival Cliff Barnes, wrote on Twitter: "A friend and long time partner... the other half … RIP Larry Hagman … your spirit will live long."

Hagman, who also appeared in films including Nixon and Primary Colors, was born in Fort Worth, Texas on 21 September 1931, the son of actress Mary Martin and lawyer Ben Hagman, a biography on his official website said.

While in England with the US Air Force he met and married his wife of almost 60 years, Swedish designer Maj Axelsson. The couple later had two children.

Hagman was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver in 1992 and three years later he had a liver transplant.

In October last year he discovered a tumour on his tongue and was diagnosed with cancer, and underwent six weeks of chemotherapy and radiation before it went into remission in March.

Earlier this year he appeared in a new 10-episode series of Dallas, with a second series in production and due to run next year.

Other celebrities took to Twitter and Facebook to express their sadness at his death. Veteran American broadcaster Larry King wrote: "I'm shocked. Larry Hagman was a dear man who had an incredible career. He helped me to stop smoking. He really was a very special person."

Barbara Eden, who starred with Hagman in I Dream of Jeannie, published a statement on her Facebook page which read: "I can honestly say that we've lost not just a great actor, not just a television icon, but an element of pure Americana.

"Goodbye Larry, there was no one like you before and there will never be anyone like you again."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/nov/24/larry-hagman-jr-ewing-dies?intcmp=239

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forgotten if Patrick Duffy & Charlene Tilton were in the Dallas casts too ?..rem i was very smitten each time i see
this sex ktty Charlene on the screen.Lang eh eh but neh neh tua tua liap !

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forgotten if Patrick Duffy & Charlene Tilton were in the Dallas casts too ?..rem i was very smitten each time i see
this sex ktty Charlene on the screen.Lang eh eh but neh neh tua tua liap !

I think both of them were part of the cast. I preferred Victoria Principal as Pamela Ewing. She was also Andy Gibb's girlfriend before he died of drug overdose.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think both of them were part of the cast. I preferred Victoria Principal as Pamela Ewing. She was also Andy Gibb's girlfriend before he died of drug overdose.

Oh ya, how could i have forgotten Victoria..that woman had such a face that any man could have died for !
Rumours had it then that Andy went overdose because of her.Sad..he was an upcoming star then.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh ya, how could i have forgotten Victoria..that woman had such a face that any man could have died for !
Rumours had it then that Andy went overdose because of her.Sad..he was an upcoming star then.

Yes that was what was common knowledge. She was going to leave him and he could not accept it and killed himself.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Must be PAP driving him to the grave??

If Dr Chee Bye is PM, this old man will live till 100!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will always remember Larry Hagman as Captain Then Later Major Tony Nelson & Babara Eden with her big "cantaloupes", but when I watched the TV series then it was in two colors , Black & White , later came color... too young to get hot over the two "Cantaloupes" till much later..

Not so much for Dallas...Patrick Duffy I like from Dallas, remember him for the TV Series, "Man From Atlantis"..wasn't watching "cantalupes" when I watched DALLAS, more of the plot....& everybody rush home to watch "who shot JR"!!

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will always remember Larry Hagman as Captain Then Later Major Tony Nelson & Babara Eden with her big "cantaloupes", but when I watched the TV series then it was in two colors , Black & White , later came color... too young to get hot over the two "Cantaloupes" till much later..

Love those huge eyes and her "cantalupes" as during that period, I was young and lusty.:biggrin:

I prefer watching Big Valley rather than Dallas which in those days was epic in popularity.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes! the first series were in two colors, B&W..I still remember, Jeannie addressed Captain Tony Nelson, "masters" as thee.. ha ha ha. Watches a lot of TV series way back then, The Avengers in B&W, Twilight Zone in B&W, Alfred Hitchcock Presents in B&W & "man, woman, birth, death, infinity"..Dr. Ben Casey ( this was before "House" ha ha ha)...not many homes had TV, never mind even a B&W ones...:rolleyes:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thank you for the video. It really brought back good memories. Talking about mammaries, here is my contribution.:biggrin:

tumblr_lgo2lymt791qh9lc7o1_500.jpg

"Discusssions on Race - Guide-Ropes (By Scroobal)

Though race and everything related to it are not off limits, please exercise care and articulate your viewpoints with sensitivity and have that dab of tolerance."

Actually I am a hypocrite as I have no sensitivity or tolerance for others and I like to malign forum members and has no credibility at all.