• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Laptop becoming more laggy

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anywhere to learn how to use CCleaner ah ?.....................a lot of options to clean this and that but i don't understand what to clean and what not to clean..............

will remove bookmarks or saved passwords boh huh ?

and will clean history ? i don't want leh .............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anywhere to learn how to use CCleaner ah ?.....................a lot of options to clean this and that but i don't understand what to clean and what not to clean..............

Click 'Analyze' on the Cleaner tab, then click 'Run Cleaner'

Click 'Scan for Issues' on the Registry tab, then click 'Fix selected issues...'

Quite straightforward, no need to fiddle with any options, just use the default settings.

Bookmarks won't be deleted, and saved passwords won't be deleted unless you specify it to do so.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can do these within each browser. No need CCleaner.

Also, there is no real need for registry cleaners. It causes more harm than good, as it is not intelligent enough to know what dll are shared and what else is there.

All the time when the computer lags, it is NEVER because of registry and its dead end links, whatever. Such dead links do not and will not cause your computer to slow down at all.

Anyone who miraculously realized his computer speeded up after cleaning is having the placebo effect.

For malware and viruses, use a good anti-virus and anti-malware software. You dun use a registry cleaner to rid your computer of such.

Nazgul

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

And remember to donate because it's free and according to the software owner/developer, he is doing this full time. :biggrin:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to add a basic step which I forgot in my initial post.

Do a disk defrag. If you do not know how to do it, post here and ask.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you must be a pc support guy in a company..

No need to be involved in pc support to know such basics. There're not many things in this world that I do not know of.
Nothing new under this Sun.

BTW, in case you need to know...

I'm Goh Meng Seng. :biggrin:

I also believe in UFO. :biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Click 'Analyze' on the Cleaner tab, then click 'Run Cleaner'

Click 'Scan for Issues' on the Registry tab, then click 'Fix selected issues...'

Quite straightforward, no need to fiddle with any options, just use the default settings.

Bookmarks won't be deleted, and saved passwords won't be deleted unless you specify it to do so.

thank you ah

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And I forgot to add using Mac I have no more worries with virus. Really peace of mind. When I migrate from one Mac to another its also a breeze using its Time Machine. Really cool.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to add a basic step which I forgot in my initial post.

Do a disk defrag. If you do not know how to do it, post here and ask.

will it really help in improving pc performance ? think disk defrag need to be run regularly only for those 90%+ full HDD. i disk defrag a 66% free HDD once a month. defrag for the sake of it only.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
will it really help in improving pc performance ? think disk defrag need to be run regularly only for those 90%+ full HDD. i disk defrag a 66% free HDD once a month. defrag for the sake of it only.

Walao bro, if your HDD is 90%+ full, you can't do a disk defrag. It usually needs 30% free space on your HDD or disk defrag cannot proceed. Yes, if you write alot of stuff onto your HDD, it will slow down the disk access because your files will be all over the HDD, and not contiguous. :biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get a Mac. I've been using Macs for more than a decade. Reliable, stable OS, no need to defrag. Just do repair of permissions once in a while. I have never installed an anti-virus software before on my Macs.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Get a Mac. I've been using Macs for more than a decade. Reliable, stable OS, no need to defrag. Just do repair of permissions once in a while. I have never installed an anti-virus software before on my Macs.

Hi yellowarse, may I know what is the meaning of repair of permission?