• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

La Liga Season 2011/2012

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8S5EFbn3sco?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Sporting Gijon 2 - 0 Granada
All Goals & Highlights 22.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u7PaztdVEEI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Malaga 0 - 4 Real Madrid
All Goals & Highlights 22.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QZ6V3aag0qE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Real Betis 2 - 0 Rayo Vallecano
All Goals & Highlights 23.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9xkdUaswruQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Osasuna 3 - 0 Real Zaragoza

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wlBRjbaiE-E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Atlético Madrid 1 - 1 Mallorca

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOwm-bXmxz8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Valencia 1 - 1 Athletico Bilbao

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pC_6DLJC4qk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Barcelona 0 - 0 Sevilla
Full Highlights 22.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fnCmwDAwhkc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Barcelona 0 - 0 Sevilla
Highlights & Kanoute Red Card 22.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-ba7JcwiRY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Barcelona vs Sevilla 0-0
Messi misses Penalty and Fight between Kanoute vs Fabregas

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Barca win, Sevilla snatch late draw

26 October 2011

12427276990.jpg

Barcelona earned a 1-0 victory away to promoted Granada in La Liga on Tuesday, while Sevilla snatched a draw against Racing Santander.

Spain international Xavi was the hero for Barcelona in Andalusia, scoring the winning goal with a free-kick in the 32nd minute at Estadio Los Carmenes.

It was a record-breaking 392nd Barca appearance for Xavi, and the midfielder's contribution proved decisive in sending the reigning champions back to the top of the league.

Granada played much of the second half a man down, after midfielder Jaime Romero Gomez picked up a second yellow card for a high challenge on 54 minutes.

And they finished with only nine men following Daniel Benitez's dismissal for a second bookable in stoppage time.

Also on Tuesday, Sevilla gave up a 1-0 lead and looked set to hand Racing Santander their first victory of the season, before snatching an equaliser two minutes into injury time.

Striker Manu put Sevilla in front 37 minutes into the match at Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

Argentine forward Ariel Nahuelpan levelled for Racing just past the hour mark, and seven minutes later winger Jairo Samperio made it 2-1 to the away side.

Racing sat bottom of the table and without a victory after eight matches heading into Tuesday's game.

Still leading and with time fast running out, they must have thought they were about to break their winless streak, but Manu had other ideas, notching a 92nd-minute equaliser that was cruel on the struggling visitors.

The result leaves Sevilla in fourth, while Racing remain one point behind Getafe in the relegation zone.

Ricardo Kaka

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Levante streak continues

27 October 2011

12427277520.jpg

Surprise leaders Levante held on to top spot in La Liga following a dramatic 3-2 victory over Real Sociedad on Wednesday.

Visitors Sociedad led four minutes into the match through a goal from Daniel Estrada, who slotted home from close range after an error by Levante goalkeeper Gustavo Munua.

The hosts were back on level terms 10 minutes into the second half, thanks to Victoriano Nano's deflected effort.

Five minutes later it was 2-1 to Levante, with Valdo finishing off a good move by Jose Barkero.

Inigo Martinez must have thought he had earned a point for Sociedad when he struck to level the scores at 2-2 with four minutes to go, but Ruben Suarez Estrada snatched victory in style for Levante, finding the net with a long-range free-kick in the 93rd minute.

There was still time for the hosts to go down to 10 men, with Juanfran shown a straight red card five minutes into injury-time.

But the dismissal will not have tempered Levante's excitement at retaining their unlikely early-season lead.

Juan Ignacio Martinez's side, who narrowly avoided relegation last season, have now won seven league matches in succession.

They top the table by one point from Real Madrid, who dispatched Villarreal 3-0 at home.

Karim Benzema, Kaka and Angel Di Maria were the men on target for Real within the first half hour at the Bernabeu.

Sporting Gijon picked up their second victory of the season, coming from behind to win 2-1 away at Malaga, courtesy of Mate Bilic's strike and an own-goal from Joao Victor.

Rayo Vallecano's impressive start back in the top flight continued, as the promoted side won 2-0 at home to big-spending Malaga.

Pedro struck in the first half and Raul Tamudo in the second for Rayo, while Malaga were forced to play much of the match with 10 men following the 35th-minute dismissal of winger Eliseu.

Valencia edged Real Zaragoza 1-0 thanks to Jordi Alba's goal with eight minutes of their match left to play.

And Getafe twice came from behind to draw 2-2 at home to Osasuna.

Ibrahima Balde gave Osasuna the lead in the sixth and 65th minutes respectively, with Daniel Guiza levelling for hosts Getafe on both occasions.

Ricardo Kaka

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

675586_10_preview.jpg

Fabregas defends Messi form

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has leaped to the defence of Lionel Messi, insisting the Argentinean will soon return to his free-scoring form.

673353_10_preview.jpg
Emery: It was not a brilliant win
Valencia coach Unai Emery admits his side weren't at their best in the 1-0 win over Real Zaragoza in the La Liga on Wednesday.

689645_10_preview.jpg
Pedro out for two to three weeks
Barcelona forward Pedro has been ruled out for "two to three weeks" after further scans revealed he has a sprained ankle.

Ricardo Kaka

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thursday 27th October 2011

695379_33_preview.jpg

Real, Barca eyeing Citizen Silva

After David Silva's fantastic performances for Manchester City this season, both Real Madrid and Barcelona are keen to bring him home to Spain.

The 25-year-old has shot the Citizens to the top of the Premier League table, and starred in their destruction of arch-rivals Manchester United in a 6-1 win last Sunday.

As a result, according to reports in the Daily Mail, both Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho have cast their eyes on Silva, who moved from Valencia to Manchester for £24 million in the summer of 2010.

However, speaking to Cadena SER, the player himself admitted he was pleased with the links, but intended to stay at Manchester.

"Madrid and Barcelona are great teams, but I'm happy here and I would like to stay here for many years. My family are the same as me, we're happy.

The people treat me really well and I'm very relaxed. I live in a very peaceful area, a small town," Silva said.

"The important thing is the team. We are playing well and we are leaders. At the end of the season we will be in the fight and maybe we'll win the title.

"It's like any other club. They are putting together a great team and we hope to be one of the biggest sides in Europe.

"They [City] were the team who pushed hardest for me. I didn't have to think about it becuase they were the only team to push so hard to sign me and I'm happy."

He also refuted the suggestion that Mourinho had previously rejected a move for himself previously, saying: "There are so many players. Some have more opportunities than others. I always had the chance to come here with a lot of confidence [placed in me] and that didn't depend on me at all."

Silva admitted he was surprised how quickly he adapted to football in England.

"I thought it was going to be harder but they have made it easy for me and I'm happy," he continued.

"The atmosphere has surprised me, the competition and the relaxed atmosphere from day to day is fundamental.

The public don't come in to the training sessions and at the games they are very respectful."

The striker also gave an insight towards his thoughts after City's 6-1 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford, ahead of their League Cup game against Wolves.

"I am going to enjoy it a little but in the knowledge that we have a game on Wednesday," the Spaniard said.

"On the pitch it's each man for himself but I wish [De Gea] all the best because he is a great goalkeeper and I am sure he will do really well [at United]", he concluded.

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Llorente brace leads Bilbao to victory

28 October 2011

12427278090.jpg

Fernando Llorente's brace helped Athletic Bilbao defeat Atletico Madrid 3-0 in La Liga, while Espanyol beat Real Betis 1-0.

Jose Antonio and Filipe Luis both had chances to open the scoring for visitors Atletico in Thursday's match at Estadio San Mames.

Llorente had Bilbao's first sight of goal 22 minutes in, but sent his shot over the crossbar.
And Oscar De Marcos drew a good save from Atletico goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois six minutes before the break.

Following a goalless first half, it took until the 67th minute to finally break the deadlock, when Llorente ran on to Markel Susaeta's forward pass, before beating Courtois with a low shot.
It was 2-0 just four minutes later, with Spain striker Llorente headed home a cross from substitute Gaizka Toquero.

The introduction of Toquero proved influential; the forward completed the scoring with 15 minutes remaining, converting a delivery from fellow substitute Ander Herrera to seal victory.
The win lifts Bilbao up to eighth place with 12 points from nine matches played, while Atletico are two points worse off in 10th.

Also on Thursday, Espanyol edged Real Betis 1-0 at Estadio Cornella El Prat.
After being unable to convert a promising start into chances, hosts Espanyol had to rely on goalkeeper Cristian Alvarez to remain on level terms.

The Argentine kept out shots from Benat Etxebarria, Jose Canas and Roque Santa Cruz to send the teams in at half-time locked at 0-0.

Alvaro Vazquez was guilty of three misses in front of goal early in the second half for Espanyol, side-footing the pick of them wide of the post from close range just past the hour mark.

The 20-year-old was hauled off on 69 minutes, replaced by Walter Pandiani, a man 15 years his senior.

And the veteran striker made a decisive impact, crashing home what proved to be the winning goal with a header from Didac's cross on 75 minutes.

The victory lifts Espanyol sixth, inside the Europa League qualification places, and just three points off the Champions League berths.

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pele: Messi ´an incomplete player´

28 October 2011

12427277970.jpg

Brazil great Pele celebrated his 71st birthday by branding Lionel Messi an 'incomplete' player.

The three-time World Cup winner, who was in London, UK for the global launch of his new sports lifestyle collection 'The Beautiful Revolution' told Goal.com he believed the English Premier League to be Europe's top league.

But his words on Messi proved the most provocative: "I would love to play with Lionel Messi," Pele said on Thursday.

"But Messi is an incomplete player because he can't use his head.

Also I played football for 20 years, Messi has only played for several years."

"If there is one player in the world today I would love to play with it is Neymar," Pele added.

Pele was speaking at a special drinks reception held in London's Covent Garden to mark his 71st birthday, with guests including Rio Ferdinand, brother Anton, ex-Bayern Munich and Barcelona defender Patrick Andersson and Pele's 1970 World Cup opponent Terry Cooper, formerly of England and Leeds United.

Pele paid tribute to England's top flight: "The English Premier League is the best league in Europe, better than La Liga," he said.

Last edited:

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sanchez rejected City, says Udinese owner

28 October 2011

12427277950.jpg

Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo has revealed Alexis Sanchez turned down a transfer to Manchester City in favour of his move to Barcelona.

The Chile international signed a five-year deal at Camp Nou for an initial fee in the region of 26 million euros, with the Serie A club possibly earning a further 11 million euros if the Catalan club achieve high finishes in both La Liga and the Champions League.

However, Udinese could have received a fee of 45 million euros if Sanchez had chosen to go to City, according to Pozzo.

"The final price was 26 million euros plus another 11 million euros in variables," Pozzo told Ona FM.

"He only wanted to sign for Barcelona and because of that the negotiations were not easy."

"There were offers from England that were higher, a 45 million-euro one from Manchester City to be precise.

"
The 22-year-old attacker has been restricted to just four appearances for Barcelona after injuring his hamstring in September.

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Villarreal suffer Rossi blow

28 October 2011

12427277920.jpg

Villarreal have confirmed that Giuseppe Rossi will be sidelined for six months after sustaining a serious knee injury.

The Italy international came off in the second half of his side's 3-0 La Liga defeat against Real Madrid on Wednesday.

Tests have shown that the 24-year-old has a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, with an estimated recovery time of six months.

The news comes as a heavy blow to Villarreal, who are struggling in the league with just seven points from nine games.

Fellow striker Nilmar has already been out of action for a month, also with a knee injury, and it will take the Brazilian at least another four weeks to get back to full fitness.

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga preview: Osasuna stare down Levante juggernaut

28 October 2011

12427278170.jpg

Osasuna face arguably the toughest task of the La Liga round, but neither Real Madrid nor champions Barcelona are their opponents.

Jose Luis Mendilibar's mid-table side are the team charged with halting the remarkable Levante juggernaut on Sunday.

After escaping relegation by two points in their first season back in the top flight last term, Levante have taken the competition by storm in 2011/12.

Since beating Real 1-0 on September 18, Juan Ignacio Martinez's team, assembled on a tiny budget, have romped to seven consecutive victories, taking the La Liga lead for the first time in their 102-year history.

They kept the sequence running with an injury-time winner in a 3-2 victory at home to Real Sociedad on Wednesday.

All eyes will be on Pamplona's Estadio Reyno de Navarra this weekend to see if Osasuna can succeed where the likes of Real, Espanyol, Malaga and Villarreal have all failed, by stopping Levante from winning.

The city's famous Running of the Bulls has already been staged in 2011; on Sunday it will be visitors, in the midst of their own stampede, who take the spotlight.

The league's big guns are likely to be interested spectators, with Barca and Real both in action the day before.

Pep Guardiola's champions, still unbeaten this season but third in the league, are at home to mid-table Mallorca.

Second-placed Real travel to face Sociedad, and Valencia play host to Getafe.

And Villarreal will attempt to turn around their dire start to the campaign at home to Rayo Vallecano, who have impressed since gaining promotion last season.

In Sunday's other matches, Atletico Madrid will be under pressure to gain a result at home to Real Zaragoza.

Real Betis travel to face Racing Santander, who are still looking for their first win after nine matches this season.

Big-spending Malaga await the visit of Espanyol and Athletic Bilbao travel to struggling Sporting Gijon.

On Monday, fifth-placed Sevilla host bottom side Granada.

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

697603_33_preview.jpg

Kaka delighted at Brazil recall
Real Madrid midfielder Kaka has expressed his delight at being recalled to the Brazil squad for the upcoming friendlies against Gabon and Egypt.

695379_33_preview.jpg

Silva: I'd reject Barca and Real
Manchester City star David Silva has reassured the club and its fans that he will reject Barcelona and Real Madrid if they come knocking on his door.

690106_33_preview.jpg

Valencia's Alba craving for Barca move
Valencia left-back Jordi Alba is ready to leave the club and move to Barcelona instead.

657875_33_preview.jpg

Fabregas: I didn't abuse Kanoute
Barcelona star Cesc Fabregas has defended himself of accusations that he racially abused Freddie Kanoute in their 0-0 draw with Sevilla.

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sahin must be patient, says Mourinho

29 October 2011

12427278530.jpg
Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin's wait for his full debut for the club continues, as coach Jose Mourinho wants him to be 100 percent fit.

Sahin has overcome the knee injury which has prevented him from playing for the La Liga outfit since his off-season arrival from Borussia Dortmund.

But Mourinho said the Turkey international is not yet at full speed ahead of Real's league match against Real Sociedad on Saturday and will not feature.

"Sahin wants to play, but he can't," Mourinho said."He is doing his pre-season now. He has to rediscover his form and fitness so he can give me options.

I cannot see him playing straight away.""Physically and mentally Sahin is at pre-season levels and he needs to train well.

I have not asked Sahin if he feels ready to play because I know he will say yes.""We are tranquil with Nuri. He is a player with plenty of time ahead of him and we consider him to be important for us."

Mourinho's side are second on the La Liga table, a point behind leaders Levante ahead of the trip to Sociedad.

"We are playing well and when we do this everything becomes easy for us," Mourinho said."But we cannot relax as when we do that then we don't win."

Gonzalo Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Triple treat for Messi, Real go top

30 October 2011

12427279240.jpg

Lionel Messi struck a hat-trick as Barcelona smashed Mallorca 5-0, but it is Real Madrid who lead La Liga following Saturday's matches.

With Levante not in action until Sunday, traditional heavyweights Real and Barca leapfrogged the upstarts.

Gonzalo Higuain's eighth-minute goal proved the difference between Real Sociedad and the visitors from Madrid in a tight contest at the Anoeta Stadium.

The 1-0 win sees Jose Mourinho's side end the day top of the table with 25 points, one ahead of second-placed Barca, who demolished Mallorca at Camp Nou.

Messi opened the scoring from the penalty spot 12 minutes into the match.
And the Argentine superstar was on target again in the 20th and 30th minutes, sealing his hat-trick and putting the result beyond doubt with an hour still to play.

Winger Isaac Cuenca bagged the fourth five minutes into the second half, opening his first-team account in just his second appearance for the senior side.

And Dani Alves capped off the scoring in style with a long-range effort two minutes into injury time.
Levante can regain the lead if they manage an eighth consecutive victory in their match away to Osasuna on Sunday.

Elsewhere, Villarreal managed their first win from nine matches in all competitions, beating Rayo Vallecano 2-0 at home despite a missed penalty from Marcos Senna.

Goals from Bruno and Borja Valero eased the pressure on Villarreal boss Juan Carlos Garrido.

Finally, Sofiane Feghouli scored twice and Aritz Aduriz once as Valencia dispatched Getafe 3-1 at home.
The win lifts Valencia up to fourth, two points back from Levante and four behind Real.

Gonzalo Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Higuain: Not all games will be won easily

30 October 2011

12427279340.jpg

Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain has urged supporters not to expect all games to be won easily after a scratchy 1-0 victory over Real Sociedad.

Higuain's ninth-minute strike was all that separated the sides on Saturday night, the victory giving Jose Mourinho's men their sixth consecutive win in La Liga.
It also put Real Madrid provisionally on top of the standings.

"The game in general was good," Higuain told the club's official website.
"In the second half we have chances and they didn't have anything clear, even if they did have more of the ball."

"It shows that we are a compact device that are capable of suffering at times. Not all games are going to be won easily."
"We knew Real Sociedad are a team that would be defensive.

We also knew it was a difficult place to play - Barcelona drew here. "
The Argentine's first-half strike was his 10th goal in La Liga this season but he was keen to play down his impressive form.

"Of course I'm happy to score," he said. "It helped the team out and that is important."
"We played well and we're now leaders.

There is an eternity left in the league but we're on the right track."
Madrid will now travel to France where they will face Lyon in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

14951889100417ba0e8a6bc720b28219959fe02b.jpg

La Liga wrap: Osasuna end Levante streak, Racing snatch first win

31 October 2011

12427279850.jpg

Levante suffered their first defeat of the La Liga season on Sunday, going down 2-0 away to 10-man Osasuna.Two goals four minutes apart at Estadio Reyno de Navarra was all Jose Mendilibar's Osasuna side needed to dismantle the former league leaders.

The hosts also survived playing out the final 30 minutes with 10 men after Alvaro Cejudo received his second yellow card in the 59th minute.
Cejudo had been on target for Osasuna earlier in the match, scoring the opening goal on 40 minutes, before Nino added a second in the 44th minute.

With their winning streak ending at seven victories in succession, Juan Ignacio Martinez's Levante stay third, two points back from leaders Real Madrid and one behind Barcelona.

In other matches, Sporting Gijon came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw at home to Athletic Bilbao, taking their unbeaten streak to three games.
The visiting Basque side took the lead in the 63rd minute when Markel Susaeta scored, but Mate Bilic equalised eight minutes later for the hosts.

Racing Santander earned their first win of the season, beating Real Betis 1-0 via a Christian Stuani penalty.

Atletico Madrid recorded their first victory from eight matches in all competitions, downing Real Zaragoza 3-1 at home.
A brace from forward Adrian, with a goal in each half, and a strike from defender Dominguez proved enough to ease the pressure on Atletico coach Gregorio Manzano.

Portuguese forward Helder Postiga pulled one back for Zaragoza with 11 minutes to go, but it was too late for the visitors to mount a comeback.

Finally, Malaga defeated Espanyol 2-1 in the late kick-off, ending a run of three defeats in succession and coincidentally halting their opponents' streak of three consecutive victories.
The win lifts Malaga up to sixth place at the expense of Espanyol, who drop out of the Europa League places and into seventh.

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

698983_10_preview.jpg

Emery relieved at comprehensive win
Valencia coach Unai Emery was pleased to finally see his side record a comfortable win in Saturday's 3-1 triumph over Getafe.

Canales facing lengthy spell out
Valencia midfielder Sergio Canales is set to be out of action for around six months after undergoing knee surgery, the La Liga club have confirmed.

Last edited:

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Monday 31st October 2011

698697_33_preview.jpg

Lionel Messi: Crisis, what crisis?

Barcelona star Lionel Messi has labelled talks of him in crisis as 'crazy' after silencing his critics with a hat-trick in the 5-0 win over Mallorca.

Prior to the La Liga match on Saturday, the Argentinean has gone three consecutive matches without scoring, leading to talks over him suffering a dip in form.

His treble for the Catalan giants all but confirmed his place the the league's leading scorer with 13 goals and gave him a chance to hit back at this critics.

"It's crazy to say I was in crisis, just because I'd gone three games without scoring", the 24-year-old told the club's official website.

Messi also insisted that it doesn't matter if he scores, as long as the team win.

He added: " I'm not interested in how many goals I can score or not -what matters is that the team won".

Barcelona are currently second in the La Liga, a point behind leaders Real Madrid.

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Sevilla 1 Granada 2

1 November 2011

12427280370.jpg

Mikel Rico scored a 90th-minute goal to hand Granada a dramatic 2-1 victory over Sevilla in La Liga on Monday.

Manu del Moral had put Sevilla ahead inside the first minute of the match but a spirited fightback from Granada - through a goal from Alex Geijo and Rico's late strike - ensured they were to clinch their first away win of the league season.

Sevilla took the earliest of leads when Granada failed to deal with Jesus Navas' cross and Manu put away the rebound from striker Frederic Kanoute's shot.
Further chances came the home sides' way before the 10-minute mark with Manu, Jesus Navas and Piotr Trochowski all squandering good opportunities to double Sevilla's lead.

Granada's influence grew and they had a good opportunity to level when they were awarded a free kick in a promising position.
Abel tested the palms of Sevilla goalkeeper Javi Varas with the set-piece and from the resulting corner a timely intervention from Uruguay defender Martin Caceres prevented a tap-in for two lurking Granada players.

Sevilla began to realise that their slender lead was under threat and emerged from the half-time break with the intention of finding a second, and they nearly managed that when Emiliano Armenteros was unchallenged five meters from goal but he put his header wide.

Granada goalkeeper Roberto was then in fine reactionary form saving from Manu, Armenteros and Jesus Navas all in quick succession to deny Sevilla a second goal.
Granada's best chance came and went when a corner kick was scrambled to Uche just three meters from goal, but the Nigerian striker scooped his effort over the bar.

They then found their lifeline when Javi Varas was left-wrong footed after on-loan Argentine forward Franco Jara's shot hammered off the crossbar and onto the head of Geijo, who gratefully nodded home to level the match with little over ten minutes remaining.

Granada then stunned the home faithful with a superb strike in the 90th minute from Mikel Rico at the edge of the area.
Sevilla were left ruing their numerous missed chances, with Marcelino Toral's side falling further behind Valencia in the race for a Champions League spot as a result.

Granada lifted themselves off the bottom of the table courtesy of victory against their Andalusian rivals.

Helder Postiga

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

638876_10_preview.jpg
Ozil backs Casillas for Ballon d'Or
Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil believes that teammate and captain Iker Casillas deserves the award being the top goalkeeper in the world for many years.

572201_10_preview.jpg
Sevilla 1-2 Granada
High-flying Sevilla suffered their first La Liga defeat of the season as relegation favourites Granada came from behind to win at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

693870_10_preview.jpg
Villarreal hit by new injury crisis
Villarreal have suffered yet another injury blow with the news that defender Cristian Zapata is also facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

617177_10_preview.jpg
"Real Madrid must learn to suffer"
Both Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa believe that Real Madrid must learn how to play tough sides, after snatching a 1-0 win over Real Sociedad.