• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw Boon Wan welcome the idea of higher HDB carpark fees so long as it works

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd go a step further and reduce the population to 1968 levels. They can start by deporting the 40% that voted against the PAP in the last election.

I'd go two steps further and reduce the population to 1948 levels. They can start by deporting the 60% that voted for the PAP in the last election.

Hey I agree! They shud go to N.Z.

Yes to NZ so Leongsam has more friends LOL

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd go a step further and reduce the population to 1968 levels. They can start by deporting the 40% that voted against the PAP in the last election.

These ungrateful wretches should not be allowed to enjoy the fruits of PAP labour. They show no gratitude whatsoever for the sacrifices made by those who have developed the country into the magnificent world class technological hub that it is today.

If they think they can run a country better, they should bugger off somewhere and start their own.

Good idea Sam, I'll be first in the queue but not sure they have enough to return the CPF. They can write in to me to pay by easy instalments if they wish to.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If you do not smell what i smell (increased HDB parking fees)

increasing the HDB parking fees is a given, look at the number of gantries made for the carparks around the neighborhood, don't they need to cover the operating costs? who stands to gain? :eek::eek::eek:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when have we come across any creative solutions from PAP other than the recent ingenious solution from Yacoob with a twist of a word.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling for a balloting system for HDB households who wish to own more than one car, IT consultant Brandon Tan, 40, said: "HDB carparks are supposed to be for the middle-class masses ... If people want a second or third car but fail to win the ballot, then they should look for alternative parking solutions." - TODAY

I've always found flat-dwellers who own more than one private car to be a joke. They're mostly like showing off their rapid-depreciation vehicles on the road, yet they can't afford to or have they lived in private property other than also being the ones who like the fool earlier requested in writing for fancy names for their flats as addresses.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead, they suggested more innovative ideas, including creating a private market for parking spaces and allocating different zones for vehicles of different sizes.

He added that policymakers should think about a "market-based" solution - in which parking fees will have to be higher - for housing estates that face severe car park shortage.

These analysts aren't very creative as that has long been done in Hong Kong, and it has not really addressed the car bloom problem over there. Higher parking fees may be a plausible solution, but the stupid people unfortunately are not capable of understanding the reason behind this measure together with the COE, ERP and even rising retail prices for these vehicles, instead even going against these initiatives by buying and buying more cars causing traffic congestion during the various times of day.

Probably those who bought cars on an installment scheme must be made to do so only on a one-year window and they must be made to totally repay the amount owed within the stipulated period of time or their cars would be repossesed, either by the company or the bank whichever is more applicable.

With the car issue solved, the parking issue would be eased off a bit and it should be more or less settled as well.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no parking space in hdb estate? there are plenty of empty lots on the top decks of the MSCP, it just the car owners refuse to park as he/she is lazy to walk up the stairs. just get hdb to build lift for those mcsp to encourage those idiots to park on the upper deck. there are many idiots who park on the double yellow lines beneath their block even though the mscp is just next block. kenna fine by sembcorp/wilson then go hdb office to kpkb to waive the fines.

i think its more than 40% of hdb dwellers own car. just my floor level there are 4 units out of six own/have a vehicle. during the years of cheap coe, many families brought those cheap ah tiong brands and chervolets. while their numbers are being replace by continental vehicles, there are still a number of these cheap cheap boxes around.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again sinkees are penalized for the lousy planning and inability to provide better infrastructure despite paying millions. Actually solution very simple. Coe increase to $888k. Car park 1 hr $88. Roll out charging by using GPS. Road tax $8888 per year. Petrol 1 liter $8. Confirm tomorrow no car park problems, no jam no traffic on the road. See it is a win win situation. Smrt and buses can then charge $8 per trip and taxi can charge a $88. Sinkees will then HUAT AH!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good idea. Every household will be sub contract carpark attendent leow, rights to issue summons for illegal parking in their lots and get reimbursement from LTA.:smile:

Car park crunch: More radical solutions needed, say experts
By Tan Weizhen, TODAY | Posted: 27 December 2011 0616 hrs

Nanyang Technological University transport economist Michael Li has a more radical suggestion: Allocate each household with a car park lot and allow those who do not own any vehicles to "rent" out their lots to others, thus creating a market which would enable demand and supply to balance out.

................- TODAY

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smell the rat? The parking fee will be increase to more than $100/month for cover car park. Maybe the parking coupon price will also change increase 20%. 50 cent coupon to 60 cent, $1 to $1.2.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why 1968 ? It should be 1942 !

These ungrateful wretches should not be allowed to enjoy the fruits of PAP labour. They show no gratitude whatsoever for the sacrifices made by those who have developed the country into the magnificent world class technological hub that it is today.

If they think they can run a country better, they should bugger off somewhere and start their own.

We have to cull as many PAP voters with bird brains as possible to save the republic. These people are possibly infected with avian flu that is deadly enough to cause serious madness to force people jumping off MRT platforms, bridges, or even some fascist's 'ponding'.

We should practice what the Japs would do in 1942. Yes, this time not on beaches but inside the MRT tunnels. Ghost ride in future ! Isn't that exciting !

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Why 1968 ? It should be 1942 !

The fucking problem with this government is not about they wanna solve any problem. The real problem is they are looking at ways to fuck all sinkies and borrow ways and means from all over to squeeze us more and more and more. Parking space for 200k? Whats next, start to calculate floor area to include common areas like in Hong Kong? I give up! So I want to tell all of you Singaporeans, if you have an iota of chance, RUN. Even if you do not have any chance start looking for one however small, pick up your courage and RUN. This message is especially for those who are still capable to contributing to any foreign land. You are welcome especially by the third world countries.

Brothers and sisters, you don't know how sweet freedom tastes until you can be responsible for your own finances without any fuckers tell you that you will squander your money away to prostitutes. So don't prostitute yourselves to PAP. Singapore for Singaporeans? Lan jiao understand. Our Indian MPs don't even have the nerve to speak up for their own when they were insulted by Seng.

Singapore is not for humans, 新加坡不是新加坡人住的地方.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

The fucking problem with this government is not about they wanna solve any problem.

absolutely not true... they spent SGD$400,000.00 to rename Marina Bay from Marina Bay to Marina Bay. can't remember how much they spent for the budget terminal for that similar exercise thou' :p:p:p

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal

I cannot disagree on this...

The fucking problem with this government is not about they wanna solve any problem. The real problem is they are looking at ways to fuck all sinkies and borrow ways and means from all over to squeeze us more and more and more. Parking space for 200k? Whats next, start to calculate floor area to include common areas like in Hong Kong? I give up! So I want to tell all of you Singaporeans, if you have an iota of chance, RUN. Even if you do not have any chance start looking for one however small, pick up your courage and RUN. This message is especially for those who are still capable to contributing to any foreign land. You are welcome especially by the third world countries.

Brothers and sisters, you don't know how sweet freedom tastes until you can be responsible for your own finances without any fuckers tell you that you will squander your money away to prostitutes. So don't prostitute yourselves to PAP. Singapore for Singaporeans? Lan jiao understand. Our Indian MPs don't even have the nerve to speak up for their own when they were insulted by Seng.

Singapore is not for humans, 新加坡不是新加坡人住的地方.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they think they can run a country better, they should bugger off somewhere and start their own.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed with you bro.

A good example is LKY who tried to run Malaysia

He was given your advice and he took that challenge

And became the Father of Singapore.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me offer my version of a "radical solution".

If a person can tolerate the punishment of living in a pigeon hole, he does not deserve to own a car. All HDB dwellers should only be allowed to ride motorcycles hence solving the problem of carpark crunch. Carpark should only be built with private properties and all private properties should be sold with a car... this is good for both the car sellers and private property developers and it sets apart living in an HDB shithole vs a private shithole.

I may sound a little absurd but why not introduce Indonesian-styled bendies (horse drawn carts) onto our roads.

If you look at our road traffic act you will still find the words, "horse drawn carriages" in it.

The government should also consider the use of sampans and perahus (boat taxis) for use by siningaporeans commuting to work.

In this way, only the rich, powerful and strong can use limousines to work.

Our roads will then surely become free of traffic snarls.

The old multi-storey car-parks can then be converted into wet markets and little stall selling dry goods.

This will not only save the environment but also create a local economy andcreate jobs too.

jw5

Loyal

The fucking problem with this government is not about they wanna solve any problem. The real problem is they are looking at ways to fuck all sinkies and borrow ways and means from all over to squeeze us more and more and more.

They are not looking at ways to fuck all sinkies.
They are simply trying to get the most benefits for themselves and their families and close friends, and the fact that sinkies are screwed is simply collateral damage or a by product of their actions.
Most of these assholes have absolutely no sense of the meaning of public service at all.