• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keling movie potrays Aussies as racists.

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Insensitive' Bollywood film takes aim at AussiesYahoo!7 October 14, 2010, 7:10 pm Buzz up! Send

A Bollywood film depicting racial-related violence against an Indian living in Melbourne has been slammed as “insensitive” by critics in India.

The film, called Crook: It’s Good To Be Bad, was reportedly inspired by the recent violent attacks on Indian students in Victoria, and has been labeled as "venom that's spewed against Australians".

The movie is about an Indian who moves to Melbourne, a city depicted in the film as full of street violence between Australians and Indian students.

Local men are depicted as drunken louts, while women are portrayed as immoral, the Herald Sun reported.

"The film tries to pack in every sensational aspect of racism that is possible. There's a white woman who pole dances and sleeps with (the male lead) with equal fervour," a review in India Today said.

"Naturally she is blonde and has big you-know-whats. There is a Australian man, her brother, Russell, who goes around hitting and bullying Indians. There is no other word for it. It's terrible. More than that, it is badly directed."

"A country of ex-convicts. A country where they sleep with each other without marrying. A country where they don't take care of their families. Yes that's the sort of venom that's spewed against the Australians in Crook," another India Today reviewer wrote.

One reviewer on film website bollyspice.com said "Crook is far too insensitive a film".

Last year, a series of violent incidents involving Indian students in Melbourne received international attention, with tensions reaching a high point after students and cab drivers launched a protest in mid-2009.

Outlook magazine also issued a 10-page special titled: “Why Aussies Hate Us,” as part of intense Indian media coverage of the issue.

The idea for the film came from a visit to a convenience store in Melbourne, Director Mohit Suri said.

"As the news flashed 'Over 20 incidents of curry bashing have taken place in Sydney and Melbourne in the past 30 days', I found myself standing outside a 24-hour convenient store in the Sunshine district of Melbourne city in search of a story," he told an Indian entertainment website.

"Inside the very same store one of the most brutal racist attacks had taken place just a few months back. The events as told to me were horrifying, about how an Indian was brutally beaten up only because of his colour and religion."

However, an ad for accommodation made him realise there was racism in all societies, he said.

Hazama

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the keling logic for you. :rolleyes:

They will never admit that they are at fault and keep pushing the locals around. That is why the aussies bashed them.

They should ask themselves, why so many years of Chinese/Koreans/Thai living in Australia, yet there are no cases of mass bashing of them.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow, i want to watch. i need to search the web to find a place to download for free. it will never be shown in singapore, that for sure.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

They will never admit that they are at fault and keep pushing the locals around. That is why the aussies bashed them.

They should ask themselves, why so many years of Chinese/Koreans/Thai living in Australia, yet there are no cases of mass bashing of them.

It's the Indian cartesian logic, not much different from that of the French i.e "I think, therefore I am". That's why there's a lot of pseudo-spiritual nonsense in India. People can call themselves Gurus as they please. The common folks are all too receptive to such claims in India. It's all very indulgent. They did such a bad job organising the commonwealth games but all you hear from them is "we're not China. We do not want to be a superpower".

Hazama

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the Indian cartesian logic, not much different from that of the French i.e "I think, therefore I am". That's why there's a lot of pseudo-spiritual nonsense in India. People can call themselves Gurus as they please. The common folks are all too receptive to such claims in India. It's all very indulgent. They did such a bad job organising the commonwealth games but all you hear from them is "we're not China. We do not want to be a superpower".
I agree. They are similar to the French's attitude. The everybody-must-serve-me-and-those-who-criticize-my-attitude-are racists mindset.

Chinese, Koreans, Thais and etc have been living peacefully in Down Under without any bashings.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chinese living in the USA and Europe are rarely bashed. That is because they are smart and know how to 'kowtow.' But Koreans cop a disproportionately large number of bashings for their small population. I personally know of one Korean student who was bashed until Brain Dead. It seems, he was with a bunch of his Korean buddies, and just because they had a gang of Koreans, they felt brave and tried to bully the local Whiteys.

I also know of one Pakistani 'jihadist' who also tried to bully the local Whiteys in a bar. The funny part of the story is, there was only one of him, and a whole Bar Row full of maybe 1,000+ Whiteys. By the time the fracas was over, he was face down in the gutter, and bleeding from every body orifice: ear hole, nose hole, mouth, eyeballs, asshole. His head was swollen to beach ball size....yup, a black and blue beach ball, for about a month.:biggrin:

Hazama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese living in the USA and Europe are rarely bashed. That is because they are smart and know how to 'kowtow.' But Koreans cop a disproportionately large number of bashings for their small population. I personally know of one Korean student who was bashed until Brain Dead. It seems, he was with a bunch of his Korean buddies, and just because they had a gang of Koreans, they felt brave and tried to bully the local Whiteys.

I also know of one Pakistani 'jihadist' who also tried to bully the local Whiteys in a bar. The funny part of the story is, there was only one of him, and a whole Bar Row full of maybe 1,000+ Whiteys. By the time the fracas was over, he was face down in the gutter, and bleeding from every body orifice: ear hole, nose hole, mouth, eyeballs, asshole. His head was swollen to beach ball size....yup, a black and blue beach ball, for about a month.:biggrin:

I will not call it 'kowtow'. When you are in a host country, you should respect the house rules and behave. Applies to every country regardless of status. I have not heard of Koreans who got bashed till you told me about it.

About the Pakistani jihadists. oh well, Muslims and Kelings are known to be 'naughty' guests who cannot behave and try to push their way of life to the host.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal

there are heaps....but the yellow people always keep quiet and dare not voice out or create more trouble......

the brown people are more united and dare to voice out thats all...

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes... aussies hate ah nehs for having draconians views on marriage and decent public behaviour, beating up whores, and allowing their dogs to shit on the beds used for international events. why state the obvious? lousy director/scriptwriter