• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just now I saw a fierce jiuhu-kia quarreled with an old uncle in Kimly stall

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
This jiuhu-kia shouted at old uncle: pls don’t blame me that I come to Singapore to work in caipeng stall and my salary is higher than yours.

Pls blame your government because they issued work permit to me. Without the support of your government, I cannot work here and enjoy 1sgd to 3.3myr

That old man lan lan walked off

Reactions: cat

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the cost of living in Singapore, unless the jiuhukia is traveling to and fro his Malaysian home and Singapore to save on rental, it doesn’t make a big difference la. Rental and food is the ultimate killer.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
caipeng stalls workers seem jiuhu kia or prc.

There's a loud jiuhu kia at the mix veg rice stall of the Blk 710 Clementi West St 2 kopitiam. You can hear his loud and shrill jiuhu accent voice from afar. He's always shouting or talking loudly. I am not sure if there's any aggression, maybe he's just a highly enthusiastic chap who takes pride in his work. :biggrin:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
This jiuhu-kia shouted at old uncle: pls don’t blame me that I come to Singapore to work in caipeng stall and my salary is higher than yours.

Pls blame your government because they issued work permit to me. Without the support of your government, I cannot work here and enjoy 1sgd to 3.3myr

You like to create fictional stories to bullshit here. Just like independent Sg.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should have cut the JHK to size by telling him the old uncle is his benefactor. And by parity of reasoning, the old uncle is also the benefactor of all JHKs.

If you are not clear about this line of argument, please consult @cat

If you still cannot beat the JHK to pulp, resort to Hokkien expletives. There is a saying:

好人怕坏人,坏人怕流氓,流氓怕泼妇.

逼不得已的情况之下,就把裕廊的一代宗师请出来吧 !

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please pity these juihu kia who travel very hard to come over here to work everyday to serve Sinkies buying chai png

1719197250162.jpeg

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please pity these juihu kia who travel very hard to come over here to work everyday to serve Sinkies buying chai png

View attachment 201785
https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/m...1-cai-fan-lucky-plaza-food-court-shocks-diner

Yeah...these Jiuhu Talents are jun smart and hungry for success, we need to learn from them

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/m...1-cai-fan-lucky-plaza-food-court-shocks-diner

Good Job...SG Caipng has attain swiss standard livibg with their help

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recap 2001 on Sinki not hungry enough?

https://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/2001050103.htm

What is the key difference between China and Hong Kong? It is the hunger, the drive, the determination of the people to improve themselves and get ahead. The mainland Chinese are hungry. The Hong Kong people are talented and enterprising, but much more affluent and less hungry.

Singapore is lucky to be more affluent than China. Are we hungry enough to keep forging ahead?

I showed the article to our union leaders. They have travelled to many countries, including China. They confirmed what the article reported. They said it is not just the PRC Chinese who are like that. So are the Vietnamese. Recently an NTUC delegation visited Vietnam. Comrade Heng Chee How reported:

"When I visited Vietnam, I saw the same sense of �hunger�. A street where a night school was situated was crowded with people and bicycles around 9 pm, and that was because one shift of students was leaving the school and the next shift [was] starting."​

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://lifecoaching.sg/LIFESCOOP/2020/11/15/are-you-hungry-enough/

Are You Hungry Enough?​

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong reflected at one National Day Rally Speech that “Singaporeans are not as hungry as the Vietnamese”. He is probably right that our people today are less hungry, less disciplined, less hardworking as their predecessors i.e. immigrants who came to S’pore 50 to 60 years ago & turned S’pore from a 3rd World to a 1st World Country in a short span of 50 years through sheer grit, discipline & hard work.

Those who have interacted with the Chinese from mainland China will tell you the same story. E.g. there’re plenty of stories of China students coming to Singapore schools at secondary 3, not knowing English at all, & then beating all our local students (who have received a headstart of 8 to 10 years of education in English, not counting pre-school education) & scoring A1 for GCE ‘O’ Level English. Interviews with these China students showed that they’re extremely hungry for success & that they literally studied grammar & memorised the whole dictionary to improve their vocabulary.

When I hosted dinner for 2PS of Ministry of Sports & Tourism, Thailand 2yrs ago at Singapore Recreation Club (S’pore), he commented while looking at our padang, that Singapore has very
good facilities such as soccer fields, badminton courts all over the island, including our schools. I told him & I think he knows this, that “Facilities don’t make champions — It is the Hunger, Determination, Discipline, Hard Work, Blood, Sweat & Toil that builds Champions”.

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal

You must respect JHKs.
One of their sons is Sinkie PM now, right?