• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JOKER 2019 - Somehow we can relate to him

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't this a mirror of what has happened in hk now? Our leaders are actually using the old Chinese approach as long as there is enough money going around nobody will riot

As long as your people are dumbed down enough, nobody will protest. :wink:

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/ho...-from-a-3rd-century-bc-chinese-tyrant.273715/

1. Conformity of thought. No independent thought. Consensus through propaganda.

2. Weaken your citizens. Weak people = strong country (political rule).

3. Keep your citizens busy and preoccupied with the minutiae of daily living, and thus have no time for other things (e.g. politics).

4. Humiliate your citizens. Keep their self-esteem low, belittle their worth. Incite them to attack and distrust one another, let them live in a climate of fear.

5. Impoverish your citizens. Let them have the basic necessities, and rob or tax their surplus wealth (includes price inflation and excessively printing money). Impoverished people have low aspirations.

If the above five methods fail, kill them.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lgQ6jFU.jpg

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a sign of the times when the Joker becomes the hero over the Batman.

Loved the circle of fate between Arthur, Thomas and Bruce.

Who thinks Arthur is the stepbrother of Bruce?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually the Joker has been one of the most bankable villains in the comic universe. One of the best series I've ever read was The Killing Joke where the Joker's origin was shown (I haven't watched this movie yet but I think the stories of their origins are different). For the first time ever I felt quite sorry for the joker and can understand why he's Batman's greatest arch enemy.

Hmm... might buy the digital version and read it again.......

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as your people are dumbed down enough, nobody will protest. :wink:

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/ho...-from-a-3rd-century-bc-chinese-tyrant.273715/

1. Conformity of thought. No independent thought. Consensus through propaganda.

2. Weaken your citizens. Weak people = strong country (political rule).

3. Keep your citizens busy and preoccupied with the minutiae of daily living, and thus have no time for other things (e.g. politics).

4. Humiliate your citizens. Keep their self-esteem low, belittle their worth. Incite them to attack and distrust one another, let them live in a climate of fear.

5. Impoverish your citizens. Let them have the basic necessities, and rob or tax their surplus wealth (includes price inflation and excessively printing money). Impoverished people have low aspirations.

If the above five methods fail, kill them.

And it’s those kind of people that change for the better, those of us who’ve made something of our lives, will always look at those who haven’t, as nothing but clowns.
- Thomas Wayne, JOKER movie, 2019

was-thomas-wayne-telling-the-whole-truth-1570192056.jpg

Sounds like my country's politicians.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-09-at-2.24.56-PM.png

Capture-3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

quote-how-much-do-you-want-do-you-want-three-meals-in-a-hawker-centre-food-court-or-restaurant-vivian-balakrishnan-93-73-56.jpg

MKdtrIcl.jpg

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Likely. A billionaire fucked his subordinate at work, made her preg, drove her crazy and admitted her to hospital. Then used his people to spin a story that her child was adopted and sexually abused by her ex-bf. Worst of all, then made the son kill the mum.

Last edited:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely. A billionaire fucked his subordinate at work, made her preg, drove her crazy and admitted her to hospital. Then used his people to spin a story that her child was adopted and sexually abused by her ex-bf. Worst of all, then made the son kill the mum.

*Spoiler alert*
I recall a scene towards the end, just before he goes on the Murray show, there was a phtot of arthur's mom in her youth. At the back of the photo, it said from T.W. with love or some like that. Can't recall the exact wording. Arthur crushed the photo and went off to the Murray show.

I love the irony that's being explored here where Bruce and Arthur might be step Brothers.

I feel Joaquin has done a fantastic job because his version of the joker, gives rise to Heath's (RIP) version. The two Jokers make perfect sense.
Brother vs brother, isn't that just perfect? :wink:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

the message is simple... ignore the down trodden at our own peril. ignore the cries of the weak and the weak will become strong to protect themselves. The Joker arises because Gotham society ignores the unimportant, the weak, the poor, the non-successful, the disenfranchised.

thankfully Gotham is a work of fiction... :whistling:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
the message is simple... ignore the down trodden at our own peril. ignore the cries of the weak and the weak will become strong to protect themselves. The Joker arises because Gotham society ignores the unimportant, the weak, the poor, the non-successful, the disenfranchised.

thankfully Gotham is a work of fiction... :whistling:
Tat is why
Need to Soylent Green the whole lot of then b4 they revolt

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most oppies here can relate to Joker because they are clowns, they are losers and they are crazy.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a story of the discriminated, the persecuted, the suppressed and oppressed. Malays can relate their fate to this joker. Abused by PAP by confiscating and acquiring their land cheaply on grounds of building public amenities like hdb resided by mostly non malays, dispersed to prevent a malay majority constituency when the country was at its infancy. Neglected and yet, malays must show patriotism to the nation, like how the joker took care of his mother.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall a scene towards the end, just before he goes on the Murray show, there was a phtot of arthur's mom in her youth. At the back of the photo, it said from T.W. with love or some like that. Can't recall the exact wording. Arthur crushed the photo and went off to the Murray show.

I love the irony that's being explored here where Bruce and Arthur might be step Brothers.

Brother vs brother, isn't that just perfect? :wink:

Yes, that's why so tragic, JOKER realized his mum wasn't lying after he killed her.

Gotham City - Oxley City