• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious John Tan Confronts Deputy Director For Stealing Our National Day Dinner Ticket Sales! Guess Race!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
btyew20240814.JPG

SINGAPORE - A deputy constituency director at Yew Tee Community Club (CC) pocketed more than $12,000 in public funds, which was collected as part of ticket sales for a National Day dinner it had organised in 2023.

Lim Jia Sheng, 37, who was employed under the People’s Association at the time of the offence, pleaded guilty to one count of criminal breach of trust and was sentenced to four months’ jail on Aug 14.

He has since resigned from his position.

Lim had made full restitution, defence lawyer Jared Lee told the court, adding that his client had a gambling addiction that led to him committing the offence.

Mr Lee said Lim has stopped gambling, and regrets not setting a good example for his two children.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Chan Yi Cheng said Lim started working as a constituency manager at Yew Tee CC in 2012.

He was introduced to online gambling three years later and became addicted. He had an account on a gambling website and deposited money in it.

DPP Chan said Lim used his salary to gamble and later incurred debts from credit cards and licensed moneylenders.

Lim became a deputy constituency director in 2016, the court heard.

In June 2023, Yew Tee CC began planning for the National Day dinner. Lim and an unnamed colleague were in charge of the event and sale of tickets, which cost $30 each and came in booklets of 10.

He distributed the tickets to groups such as neighbourhood committees to sell to residents. The money collected was handed to Lim, with details of the ticket sales and cash received recorded in a ticket distribution form held by him.

Lim then decided to misappropriate the money to feed his gambling addiction and deposited the money in his own bank account.

DPP Chan said Lim later deposited about $5,000 in Yew Tee CC’s bank account and intended to return the rest of the money after receiving his bonus in December.

“However, due to his personal debts, he was unable to return the said cash in time,” the DPP added

On Dec 21, a grassroots leader went to Lim’s office to ask him about the money. He admitted that he had borrowed the money to settle his gambling debts.

The grassroots leader alerted the CC’s constituency director,
who confronted Lim and asked him if he had closed the account linked to the dinner.

When he indicated he had not done so, the director told him to do it within a week and keep her updated.

Five days later, she texted Lim to check if he had deposited the money in the CC’s bank account, but he did not reply.

The director then obtained a copy of the ticket distribution form and found that more than $12,000 had not been accounted for.

When Lim later admitted he had taken the money, she alerted the police on Jan 15, 2024.

He is expected to begin serving his sentence on Aug 20, with his bail set at $15,000.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...pa-who-pocketed-more-than-12k-in-public-funds

yubenOh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chao chee bye lah that director after knowing that her subordinate took the money to fund his gambling debts and she still had the audacity to allow him few weeks to settle the account ?? Shdnt she immediately report to police ? Sounds like she's complicit too this pua cheebye !!

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chao chee bye lah that director after knowing that her subordinate took the money to fund his gambling debts and she still had the audacity to allow him few weeks to settle the account ?? Shdnt she immediately report to police ? Sounds like she's complicit too this pua cheebye !!

Let's be pragmatic about this. What the director had done was RIGHT.

the 1st PRIORITY is to RECOVER hard earned citizens funds, because by law, if the hardcore criminal & gambler is arrested & charged, he need not make restitution - just go to jail & get protective shelter with 3 hot meals a day for the duration of his sentence which would be only mere months

ultimately, crime does not pay. The director still reported the crime after citizens funds were returned.

Should the criminal has remorse & willing to change, our Courts while harsh, will look into mitigating factors & perhaps give the offender a CHANCE, to be REHABILITATED, & rejoin our society.

NO mortal is perfect & each should be given a chance to turn over a new leaf, less the heinous whom committed capital crimes against Humanity,,,,

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's be pragmatic about this. What the director had done was RIGHT.

the 1st PRIORITY is to RECOVER hard earned citizens funds, because by law, if the hardcore criminal & gambler is arrested & charged, he need not make restitution - just go to jail & get protective shelter with 3 hot meals a day for the duration of his sentence which would be only mere months

ultimately, crime does not pay. The director still reported the crime after citizens funds were returned.

Should the criminal has remorse & willing to change, our Courts while harsh, will look into mitigating factors & perhaps give the offender a CHANCE, to be REHABILITATED, & rejoin our society.

NO mortal is perfect & each should be given a chance to turn over a new leaf, less the heinous whom committed capital crimes against Humanity,,,,
The director was very evil to do that. Making people payback then report is an evil act :rolleyes:
A not evil person will report immediately and whether the criminal wants to make restitution later is upto him. He will face punishment whichever decision he make later.
Another type of not evil person will make him payback and terminate him without reporting to the authority. $12k is peanut to pap.

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The director was very evil to do that. Making people payback then report is an evil act :rolleyes:
A not evil person will report immediately and whether the criminal wants to make restitution later is upto him. He will face punishment whichever decision he make later.
Another type of not evil person will make him payback and terminate him without reporting to the authority. $12k is peanut to pap.

Perhaps the concept of evil is matter of PERCEPTIONS defined by Humanity's reliance on REALITIES, but ultimately, pragmatism rather than foolish notions of Idealism, is the only way to resolve issues for Humanity to progress & evolve...

Based upon your misguided perceptions, the truth is that the moment when one presumes a sum of money is PEANUTS, is the road that will lead to the hell of corruption & destruction of civilization.

How much is peanuts? The insignificant nobody me once had your kind of frog in the well mentality. I presumed that a mere $10 as a thankful gesture to someone whom returned my misplaced handphone was enough. It was not. The drug looking addict demanded $500..

Another time in KL, I was waylaid at an official police checkpoint. My fault as I feared my wallet with my ID would be stolen & thus did not carry it with me. The police team demanded money to let me go. I took out a $50 note from my pocket. He laughed, & then the Captain along with his 5 men armed with HK MP5 submachine guns pointed at me, & strip search me, & found far more hidden inside my travel belt, & took it all, leaving me to walk all the way back to my hotel....

Our Founding father - the late LKY - took great pains to end corruption, as he had travelled far & wide & saw corruption at its worst, demeaning the value of Humanity, & thus his efforts to stem it out, which saw our nation progress while other nations at the same starting point in time as our nation, did not....not even today....

EVERY SINGLE dollar from a contributing citizen, regardless if PM or toilet cleaner - is NOT peanuts. IT took much effort & sacrifices to earn even a cent in a competitive World. Thus for them to give it away, it must be treasured & EVERY effort to ensure that such hard earned funds go to what the citizen COLLECTIVELY wishes for.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much is peanuts? The insignificant nobody me once had your kind of frog in the well mentality. I presumed that a mere $10 as a thankful gesture to someone whom returned my misplaced handphone was enough. It was not. The drug looking addict demanded $500..
How much is peanut? For this we have to judge it based on our own financial status, the opposite parties financial status, then the overall economy status as a guide, and finally using a balance-all-up maths to do the sum then finally making a comment..

In this particular case, the money belongs to pap. It is deemed pure peanut using pap as a ruler, and referencing to woody goh and spouse comments on peanuts, is just a peanut skin.
We can also take the salary of this particular criminal as a ruler. For his position, $12k is just 2-3 times his monthly salary at most . We can safely say is peanut sum cheated.

My perception to this case is not primarily about a peanut sum, and he should be let go.
It's about humanity and benevolence.
If the director wanted to have him punished, just report him and let the authority follow the rest.
If the director is benevolent enough, he will workout a payback plan with him, and have him sacked or asked him to resign as a punishment.
TBH with you, I have committed CBT before and my employer was kind enough to let me off by asking me to resign, as they didn't wanted to amplify the matter and tarnish the image of the well known company, becos at least 10-20 over staffs had commited the same crime, just that it was of a lower sum compared to mine . :eek:

To make a person pay back and same time reporting them is outright despicable evil act without any humanity.

For your lost handphone case, how much reward is peanut? IMHO it depend on several factors like how important the handphone is to you? Were there very important data that you cannot lose? The returning party character etc.
You mentioned he has a drug addict look.
As such, I do find $10 is an insult to him and a real peanut :roflmao:
Becos of the importance of my handphone to me, with many critical data and secret codes installed, I wouldn't mind to pay someone back approx $300 negotiable as the trouble to get another phone also matters to me, besides those important data.

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know you, a combative individual hell bent on ego to be right even over mere sentences, & even if your worldview intellectualism is lacking, which you often based such upon frog in the well mentality, perhaps buoyed by your successes in football gambling, boosting your pride that you are intelligent, where in our World, Human Intelligence is based upon far more levels than which is taught in schools & streets to progress & evolve Humankind, in the short time of our acquaintance here.

The insignificant nobody me respect your views, as I do to all, even detractors. It is a privilege from Boss Sam, probably the last of such open minded sites on planet Earth...

I guess I talked too much here, as most detractors of mine would agree, perhaps a common ground at the least...& let other readers to have a chance to speak their views, intelligent or foolish that would be weighted by others & for others to decide so that each may make an informed decision, in their journey of life....

Last edited:

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim is a naturalized Singaporean born in Malaysia. Many of them are unethical and will go to all ends to make as much SGD as possible to remit it back home. And they'll all build a big house in their home kampung and retire there.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
btyew20240814.JPG

SINGAPORE - A deputy constituency director at Yew Tee Community Club (CC) pocketed more than $12,000 in public funds, which was collected as part of ticket sales for a National Day dinner it had organised in 2023.

Lim Jia Sheng, 37, who was employed under the People’s Association at the time of the offence, pleaded guilty to one count of criminal breach of trust and was sentenced to four months’ jail on Aug 14.

He has since resigned from his position.

Lim had made full restitution, defence lawyer Jared Lee told the court, adding that his client had a gambling addiction that led to him committing the offence.

Mr Lee said Lim has stopped gambling, and regrets not setting a good example for his two children.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Chan Yi Cheng said Lim started working as a constituency manager at Yew Tee CC in 2012.

He was introduced to online gambling three years later and became addicted. He had an account on a gambling website and deposited money in it.

DPP Chan said Lim used his salary to gamble and later incurred debts from credit cards and licensed moneylenders.

Lim became a deputy constituency director in 2016, the court heard.

In June 2023, Yew Tee CC began planning for the National Day dinner. Lim and an unnamed colleague were in charge of the event and sale of tickets, which cost $30 each and came in booklets of 10.

He distributed the tickets to groups such as neighbourhood committees to sell to residents. The money collected was handed to Lim, with details of the ticket sales and cash received recorded in a ticket distribution form held by him.

Lim then decided to misappropriate the money to feed his gambling addiction and deposited the money in his own bank account.

DPP Chan said Lim later deposited about $5,000 in Yew Tee CC’s bank account and intended to return the rest of the money after receiving his bonus in December.

“However, due to his personal debts, he was unable to return the said cash in time,” the DPP added

On Dec 21, a grassroots leader went to Lim’s office to ask him about the money. He admitted that he had borrowed the money to settle his gambling debts.

The grassroots leader alerted the CC’s constituency director,
who confronted Lim and asked him if he had closed the account linked to the dinner.

When he indicated he had not done so, the director told him to do it within a week and keep her updated.

Five days later, she texted Lim to check if he had deposited the money in the CC’s bank account, but he did not reply.

The director then obtained a copy of the ticket distribution form and found that more than $12,000 had not been accounted for.

When Lim later admitted he had taken the money, she alerted the police on Jan 15, 2024.

He is expected to begin serving his sentence on Aug 20, with his bail set at $15,000.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...pa-who-pocketed-more-than-12k-in-public-funds
A Good Demo of Strong Intergity and Upright Character of Grass Root Leader :smile:

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone including this John Tan is PAP.
'nuff said.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
know you, a combative individual hell bent on ego to be right even over mere sentences,
In my practice both in forum and the outside world, I don't argue or combat it when I realised I was wrong in the midst of the arguments , I will apologise instead. So I do not insist that my point was correct just to stay on to be egostic.
Certain mere sentence can twist a fact and needs to be addressed. Or else it will make the discussion meaningless.

I carry this attribute, named as "ego" on the outside world, especially in the work place to protect and prevent myself from being treated like a child or moron. This kind of behaviour will bring form of troubles, but it is necessary at times, to execute it with a mental preparation of suicide, when done on someone of higher authority. As I have always mentioned, most workers would just suck their thumb even when they hear something absurb coming out from a director, ceo mouth. Whereas I will check the situation and my financial status at that time. If my answer is - nope I can't or don't want to lose this job or salary paid, I will zip. Otherwise I will shoot, and as always the outcome will be shocking, both the target and the audience, becos is all came unexpected. The result - the target will be stunned and speechless which I always described it as "becoming a Puppy" and there will be short moment of silence.
And surprisingly and fortunately, I had never been fired for committing this act. I believe the reason is becos I spoke the indisputable undebatable truth among the sheepie crowd and the person just had to switch topic to avoid further confrontation.
This is the reason why pap only allows a uni directional speech. They are afraid to meet people like me.