• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jogger attacked by 9 stray dogs at Punggol

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jogger attacked by 9 stray dogs at Punggol
Posted: 15 December 2011 1912 hrs
display_image.php
Photos 1 of 1<input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18">

<tbody>
</tbody>
dotline_240.gif

Alicia Tay (in pink) speaking to a Channel NewsAsia reporter.

<tbody>
</tbody>

SINGAPORE: A jogger was attacked by a pack of nine stray dogs at a park in Punggol on Wednesday night.

The park was only recently developed, and animal experts said the dogs might have been trying to protect their territory.

It was a routine jog gone wrong and 20-year-old student Alicia Tay is perhaps lucky to escape with just scratches and bites.

She told Channel NewsAsia, she slowed to a brisk walk when she saw the dogs.

But they followed her and started to claw at her legs.

When one bit her ankle, she screamed and that managed to scare the dogs away.

She later went to a nearby clinic where she got a tetanus jab.

Ms Tay said a father-and-daughter pair who went to her aid, had earlier jogged past the dogs without any incident.

Animal welfare group Action for Singapore Dogs said the pack was most likely abandoned by construction workers.

It said Ms Tay could have intruded into their territory.

Ms Tay said: "I couldn't stop. I was afraid they would pounce on me if I stopped, so I just brisk-walked.

"I hoped that maybe if I continued walking, I may meet people in front.

"But it looked very deserted. So I thought maybe if I left them alone, maybe if I don't give them any attention they would leave me alone as well.

"But apparently that's not the case.

"I feel that probably they felt my fear, they could sense my fear that I was really scared of them, because I was intimidated by them.

"To add on to that, I was alone."

- CNA/ck

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
See what happen lah everybody stay in HDB no more in kampong don't even know how to handle dogs. F==k damn worry what if the next generation don't know how to handle roaches. NS man see roaches in bunk jump onto table.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro zeddy,

i saw ah Ram there just before you posted. He was carrying some salt and pepper and a little chilli sauce.

Ha..Ha..Ha.. Just last week I gave out a few packet of uncooked hotdogs to some stray dogs that were loitering outside the entrance of Marina South Pier just after my boat fishing trip.. Bought many pack of hotdogs during that trip.. Rather than throwing it away, I just gave it to the strays there..One of my fishing friend was tempted to bring back this cute puppy but decided not to as he did not want to separate the puppy and his mum..

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes yes i know about this already because i think i saw clinton thank you for the hotdogs on some other thread. :p

He said that it was just in time for his birthday.

Ha..Ha..Ha.. Just last week I gave out a few packet of uncooked hotdogs to some stray dogs that were loitering outside the entrance of Marina South Pier just after my boat fishing trip.. Bought many pack of hotdogs during that trip.. Rather than throwing it away, I just gave it to the strays there..One of my fishing friend was tempted to bring back this cute puppy but decided not to as he did not want to separate him for his mum..