• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Joachim Kang gets okay to resume duties as priest

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Joachim Kang gets okay to resume duties as priest
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Kimberly Spykerman
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
a6-3.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Father Kang will be on home leave for a year to spend time with his father but is keen to resume his duties. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->A CATHOLIC priest jailed in 2004 for pocketing millions from his church and who finished serving his sentence last month has now been granted a full restoration of his priestly duties by the head of the Catholic Church in Singapore.
Archbishop Nicholas Chia said in a statement earlier this month that Father Joachim Kang, 61, can now say mass and preach, among other 'sacred functions'. The statement was published in this week's Catholic News, the church's fortnightly newsletter.
Father Kang spent four years behind bars and another nine months under a home detention scheme after being found guilty of embezzling $5.1 million from St Teresa's Church in Kampong Bahru, which he headed.
The scandal - the first-ever criminal trial of a Catholic priest in Singapore - hit the 200,000-strong Catholic Church here hard. Father Kang was then suspended from his duties as a priest.
Archbishop Chia, 71, said that Father Kang is, and 'has always been' a Catholic priest. 'He has done time under the law and I am most happy to welcome him home to the Catholic community.' However, he has not been assigned to any post yet, although the Archbishop said he intends to offer him a 'meaningful' one which will utilise his talents for the good of the Church.
Father Kang is schooled in canon and civil law and was known among his parishioners for being a devoted priest.
When he was released on the home detention scheme, Father Kang started doing administrative work in law firm Colin Ng & Partners.
In a recent interview with The Straits Times, he voiced his desire to discuss with Church leaders any future role he may have. He said the Church had been his calling since leaving school and was a life-long vocation.
Archbishop Chia told The Straits Times yesterday that he met Father Kang at his official residence in Victoria Street late last month and told him the news. It was the first time since Father Kang's release from jail that the two had met. Archbishop Chia said the Church made the decision as Father Kang was 'repentant'.
Father Kang told The Straits Times last night that he felt 'gratified' by the Archbishop's statement. 'Yes, I am a priest as I have been for the last 35 years and I look forward to continuing my services in due course.'
He said he had no reservations about re-entering the fold - a sentiment he attributed to his strong faith and a supportive network of family and friends.
During the meeting, Father Kang also requested home leave as he wanted to spend time with his aged father, who is ill. Father Kang's mother died of age-related health complications last year when he was in prison.
Father Kang said that he would be on home leave for at least a year, as he 'really needs the rest'. When asked how the Catholic community and other Singaporeans might react to a priest with a criminal record, especially one who took his own followers' money, Archbishop Chia simply said: 'I can't tell you how they will react.'

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A CATHOLIC priest jailed in 2004 for pocketing millions from his church and who finished serving his sentence last month has now been granted a full restoration of his priestly duties by the head of the Catholic Church in Singapore.

Will he do it again?

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great!.. just what we need! Another convicted fraudster, let loose again onto the unsuspecting public.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
makapaaa;238596Father Kang said that he would be on home leave for at least a year said:
Arm kang so much moni of course mus "reeeeeeeeeeeest" lah... Understand! Understand! Rest! Rest! :biggrin::p:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To err is human to forgive is divine. Ahem!

Yes, provided he pay back all the millions that he had pocketed. Will he be honorable enough to do that?

Let's see if integrity is still in his heart since he pray to god daily.

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, provided he pay back all the millions that he had pocketed. Will he be honorable enough to do that?

Let's see if integrity is still in his heart since he pray to god daily.

His so called God is Satan in disguise...

And this chap is too blind to thru that...

:cool:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Father Kang spent four years behind bars and another nine months under a home detention scheme after being found guilty of embezzling $5.1 million from St Teresa's Church in Kampong Bahru, which he headed.]

4 years of jail for stealing $5.1 million and getting his job back after that! Who says crime doesn't pay?!

How can i apply to be a pastor?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry hor he no pastor, he a priest,,,,, and a catholic priest,,,,

aiya, our Finance Minskirt (not feminist mentor) Tharman last time also kenacharged in court for official secret act, now Finance minister,,, same same la,,,,, depends who more powderful thats all

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Catholic church is so forgiving! Anywhere else in the public or private sector, once a convicted criminal, always ostracised and sidelined. Jobless forever unless he sells wonton mee or char kuay teow!:rolleyes:

samurai1110

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the best part about the religion that makes many people wanting to be part of it ...... After sinning must confess and be forgiven and then can do it all over again.:rolleyes:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the best part about the religion that makes many people wanting to be part of it ...... After sinning must confess and be forgiven and then can do it all over again.:rolleyes:

Then that is not true repentence...

Even God's grace cannot save one if he doesn't repent truely from his sins...

:o

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the Catholic Church seems to be threading a similar line like PAPpies....

LET'S MOVE ON!!!!!​

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah lor, after the tiu's variants promise not to screw your arse.....but royston cheng still kena assed.......

Even God's grace cannot save royston cheng if he doesn't repent truely from his sins...

Ha ha ha....:biggrin:

I am just putting an asshole where he belongs which is the a place where he kean ass hard hard day in and day out, there is no sin in that...

TLLM don't angry wor... it is the truth but you are too loser realise that...

Hehehehehehe!:biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
True born loser come in here to whine and complaint......while I am here to assed them and put shit to assholecheng mouth......he he he he.....

Wahahahahaha! LOL!

TLLM si ki na asshole mouth pussy face dick head prostitute mother pimp father idiotic retarded spastic limpy cock gay boy!

Been waiting for your sorry ass to appear whole afternoon. Been sucking many many cocks and swallowed many many cum ehh? Not over yet for you!

On your knees, let me ass you good!?!

:p

Don't angry hor, the most I don't be so rough, ok?

Hehehehe! :biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
FK got official approval to be reinstated, turning over a new leave.

Catholic Church must have seriously considered the pros and cons.

So people look ahead and let us move on!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The only proper way is to ask him to pay back all the money and then post will be reinstate.

What pros and cons. Very simple. Just return back all the money he has taken. Or else, trust is not there.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think it is possible? Not everyone like you eat grass, meat eaters take a bite taste blood and will not let go.

The only proper way is to ask him to pay back all the money and then post will be reinstate.

What pros and cons. Very simple. Just return back all the money he has taken. Or else, trust is not there.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not about eat grass or meat. Of course those christians who eat animals ( meat) which Jesus love so much is another story.

I believe moral and good behavior and works that benefit the masses are top or 2nd top priorities in religion.

Since he is part of the religion and assume a priest ( leader ) position. He should give an example of it. I wonder anyone will trust him as a priest with their donation. If he truly understand what consist in a religion.