• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiuhukia Agony Aunt story- what do you guys think?

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
------------------------------------

My 34-yo Malaysian cousin, who is now a SG PR, has been dating a Singaporean girl for the past 3 years. All seemed well at first. Recently he proposed to her but to his surprise, faced strong objections from the girl’s family.

He later found out that the girl’s parents wanted her to marry a local not a Malaysian, objecting to his family background, “poor English” and the fact he earns less than his girlfriend. He is looking to convert to SG citizenship in the future.

My cousin would be a pretty good catch by local standards here- degree from UM, engineer earning more than SGD7K in Singapore, 3-bedroom property in Desa Park, good temper and personality and takes care of the gf but apparently still not enough for his future mother in law. The only “downside” is he needs to financially support his parents (my uncle/aunt) who live in KL.

Gf is angry at her parents but can’t do much. My cousin is unwilling to give up a good relationship.

Marry her against her family’s will? Break up?

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
Pictures of the girlfriend?
Here u go :roflmao:

8003232d-f871-4c52-b6d5-ca359778345c

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

My 34-yo Malaysian cousin, who is now a SG PR, has been dating a Singaporean girl for the past 3 years. All seemed well at first. Recently he proposed to her but to his surprise, faced strong objections from the girl’s family.

He later found out that the girl’s parents wanted her to marry a local not a Malaysian, objecting to his family background, “poor English” and the fact he earns less than his girlfriend. He is looking to convert to SG citizenship in the future.

My cousin would be a pretty good catch by local standards here- degree from UM, engineer earning more than SGD7K in Singapore, 3-bedroom property in Desa Park, good temper and personality and takes care of the gf but apparently still not enough for his future mother in law. The only “downside” is he needs to financially support his parents (my uncle/aunt) who live in KL.

Gf is angry at her parents but can’t do much. My cousin is unwilling to give up a good relationship.

Marry her against her family’s will? Break up?
Who gives a shit about foreigners problems?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the gf pregnant first.Then the family will be begging him to marry their daughter fast fast and also no need dowry.U need one sharp blow with a sharp knife to settle this problem.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the gf pregnant first.Then the family will be begging him to marry their daughter fast fast and also no need dowry.U need one sharp blow with a sharp knife to settle this problem.
Let me if I can be of help in this area. Will try my very best.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are several issues to resolve first even before considering marriage that lays in the realm of psychology & reality.

1. As he obviously love his gf, such is enough for him & his GF to make the monumental decision to live together, thru hell or highwater in the journey of life. May he take note - he is NOT marrying his gf parents, but the lady himself to spend a lifetime together in a reality whereby no mortal lives forever, & not his or her relations too.

2.Regarding financial aspects, it is only an Asian tradition to take care of families from BOTH sides, as all needs to survive. It is only a matter of pragmatic sums to provide for both families - to discuss openly & find the best path forward whereby ALL, not just relatives, but the couple themselves, may survive.

Asian kids, taught for generations, while do have a responsibility to provide for their relations, but equally, it must NEVER be drain to a couple's financial situations, otherwise it will only lead to unnecessary pressures which will come with untoward & harmful consequences to the couple, not just simply divorce but worse - criminal acts just to gain more by dishonest & dangerous incomes that one may lose one's life....

Thus work out what exactly are the sums needed & find means, either thru govt or charity orgs assistance, to sustain life for all. How much $ does one needs to live, to survive? Caviar, LV bags, IPhone 20, Lamborghinis & Mou tai are great to have, but are such necessary for a couple or their relations to survive?

3. Perhaps the GF parents may had been hardworking & successful in providing for their loved ones in Singapore with the opportunities that we & founding/forefathers had provided for decades, thus their seemingly narrow mindedness that a local would be a better suitor for their beloved daughter, when opportunities to progress & evolve are yet an unwritten page in progressing Civilizations Worldwide...

Ultimately, it is never about Citizenship that matters in love. The power of love will either compels one to the greatest heights of achievements thru courage & many more other virtuous values, to live a life together with another with realistic aspirations & goals, or burn one to embers if not properly managed.

As the saying goes - Home is where the heart is.....

None can live the guy's or his GF's & relations lives or tell them what to do. Each has a choice, but may each choose the right choice for progress & evolution...

Last edited: