• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jermaine Pennant's wife Alice loves Singapore - Who is Jermaine Pennant?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jermaine Pennant is a typical loser has-been former Premiership footballer. He suffered serious disciplinary issues.
Would be curious to know how much Tampines Rovers are paying him for his services.

the papers reported it's around SGD$30K. the average local first team footballer in the league earns around $4K, not bad at all too. Jermaine Pennant is a Grade A-star superstar footballer in the Great Eastern Yeo League. he played to a super strong crowd of 3000 ( by the league standard, it's an incredible big crowd, the average attendance is probably around 500 only ) on his debut. :biggrin:

Hopeless

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locals here are hopeless in anything other than paper chase. Anyone good at soccer (or any other physically demanding sport) is a pure muscle-head without any brains. And here, if you don't obtain any paper qualifications, your only hope is to be a good cook and open a hawker stall. Otherwise, no hope to get girlfriend, car, flat, or anything in life.

That's right. Hopeless.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the papers reported it's around SGD$30K. the average local first team footballer in the league earns around $4K, not bad at all too. Jermaine Pennant is a Grade A-star superstar footballer in the Great Eastern Yeo League. he played to a super strong crowd of 3000 ( by the league standard, it's an incredible big crowd, the average attendance is probably around 500 only ) on his debut. :biggrin:

My source in Tampines told me it is 40k a month excluding bonuses. I opine this 40k can bring in 4 better players from E Europe. May not be a "brand name" but these players will be of better quality than Pennant.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with so much $$ being throw around the Chinese super league, yet pennant's management team only manage to get a gig here in ASS LEAK!!! smelly smelly minimum standard also aussie league instead of here.

uncle teo waste $$ on this type player... sigh....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with so much $$ being throw around the Chinese super league, yet pennant's management team only manage to get a gig here in ASS LEAK!!! smelly smelly minimum standard also aussie league instead of here.

uncle teo waste $$ on this type player... sigh....

Yes ass league seems a big big step down.....
Maybe he got sights on others things.....the wife did reveal tv pundit gig etc

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The wife want to charge $1000 one shot, I would happily pay that. She can earn much more then $40K a month.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

S$30k is about the same as an English football league 1 or 2 player.
Either way, it's a far cry from playing in front of 60,000 at the Emirates or 45,000 at Anfield.

I give him one season before he quits or is released from his contract.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My source in Tampines told me it is 40k a month excluding bonuses. I opine this 40k can bring in 4 better players from E Europe. May not be a "brand name" but these players will be of better quality than Pennant.

in UK, these average players are being paid GBP40k/week!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maybe its more lucrative to just hire B grade football superstars and create ur own football league entertainment in Singapore,after all it makes no sense singapore has 5 million of the richest arseholes in the world and countless and countless of daft sinkies that are willing to pay $100 a month just to watch soccer on cable TV and we dont have a live football scene like uk......there must be a way to commercialize football in singapore like they commercialize cock fighting in China,in China they have cock fights and pigeon flying championships for millions of dollars.i dont give a shit about football but one day when im a billionaire im going to start my own FIFA champions league in Singapore.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I see pennant, I will ask how much he paid for his wife's fake tits

for better and more accurate information,u should ask this guy. singapore number one most handsome man with

0RCQuB4.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tampines Rover did the right thing by signing Pennant as Sleague needed a boost for its revival.

Malaysia Super League or ASEAN Super League are foreign competitions that we are only invited to participate and there is no guarantee that ASL will be a success. I remembered the ASEAN Club Championship only lasted twice (2003 & 2005) with Tampines Rover winning the 2005 edition.

Pennant is a quality footballer who played for Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League Final 2007 losing 1-2 to AC Milan. So if $40000 a month salary is very worth it as he just 33 yrs old. Local boy Duric retired at 44 yrs old with Tampines Rover :biggrin:

We have to make our own Sleague strong and with quality signing to attract 3000 paying fans to support clubs playing at regional stadium like Jurong West is consider an improvement. It will foolish to spend big money to participate in MSL or ASL instead use the money to sign former EPL footballers to Sleague. Billy Mehmet joined Tampines because Pennant was there.

I personally do not think playing in MSL or ASL will improve local footballers or attract large paying crowd to the National Stadium. If Sleague is a success then we do not need to join foreign leagues and instead other clubs in Asia will apply to join Sleague. Hence turning Singapore Football into a cash cow competition :biggrin:

Last edited:

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tampines Rover did the right thing by signing Pennant as Sleague needed a boost for its revival.

Malaysia Super League or ASEAN Super League are foreign competitions that we are only invited to participate and there is no guarantee that ASL will be a success. I remembered the ASEAN Club Championship only lasted twice (2003 & 2005) with Tampines Rover winning the 2005 edition.

Pennant is a quality footballer who played for Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League Final 2007 losing 1-2 to AC Milan. So if $40000 a month salary is very worth it as he just 33 yrs old. Local boy Duric retired at 44 yrs old with Tampines Rover :biggrin:

We have to make our own Sleague strong and with quality signing to attract 3000 paying fans to support clubs playing at regional stadium like Jurong West is consider an improvement. It will foolish to spend big money to participate in MSL or ASL instead use to sign former EPL footballers to Sleague. Billy Mehmet joined Tampines because Pennant was there.

I personally do not think playing in MSL or ASL will improve local footballers or attract large paying crowd to the National Stadium. If Sleague is a success then we do not need to join foreign leagues and other clubs in Asia will apply to join Sleague instead hence turning Singapore Football in a cash cow :biggrin:

Best joke of the day. Your ASS league will never make it with another half a century. Chinese tycoons can pump $$$ into their shit league to attract has been but nobody's watching it except Tiongs in Tiongland. :biggrin:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best joke of the day. Your ASS league will never make it with another half a century. Chinese tycoons can pump $$$ into their shit league to attract has been but nobody's watching it except Tiongs in Tiongland. :biggrin:

Sleague is the home based football for Singaporeans hence it is very important to rebuild the league and this is something that new citizens or other foreigners will not understand it.

How the Chinese pumped big money into their league is solely their business. Sleague is about 20 years old and this local league is to be No 1 in South East Asia beating the likes of MSL or ASL and provide good employment to both local and foreigners :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
May I ask when is this guy's first match scheduled to play?