• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jean Wannabe (?): if ever we say NO, we mean it.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>This Urban Jungle
Posted on 29 Jan, 2009 11:40
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>"I trusted colleague, but he turned out to be a scumbag who molested me"

A STOMPer says a male colleague at her workplace in Tuas, whom she trusted and sought advice from, turned out to be a nightmare when he molested her on Christmas Eve last year (Dec 24).

She shares the harrowing incident with STOMP:

"He is a fellow colleague whom I have come to know over the past nine months or so.

"He was generally a friendly and helpful person and over time we got close such that it became easy for me to talk to him and seek his advice on matters and he was one who never shyed from speaking his mind.

"Certainly there was the occasional flirting (mild, never anything provocative), but towards the latter part of last year, it all died down. The interest in him had to an extent vanished.

"Christmas eve was declared half a day by the company but myself and another female colleague could not leave early as we were not direct employees.

"We went off for lunch and upon returning to the office, we were stunned to see this male colleague at his desk.

"He claimed he had some work to complete as he was sitting in for someone else. It was just the three of us, with me being alone in another office.

"I initiated a conversation with him online, to which he responded as he always does. But unlike any other time, he had weird and unwelcome thoughts running through his mind, which I found out later.

"He came over to my office while there were some contractors in and checked out the unstocked pantry. He smiled at me and walked back to his office.

"We resumed chatting and after a while, he came back in and called me in to the pantry.

"I walked in oblivious to his intentions (oblivious and unsuspicious because this was a guy who has seen me home after work, whom I've gone to lunch with, whom I've gone for games with) and he started making his moves.

"He reached for my hands and then pulled me in for an embrace and then reached for my lips.

"Perhaps at some point when I did have the hots for him, it would have seemed nice and right, but just then it did not.

"And I protested hard with words and actions, moving away, struggling to get off his grip.

"I said: 'This is not right. I don't want it. Let me go.'

"I remember telling him these, but he didn't let go, instead he held tighter. He tried moving his hands over me.

"I was not in the least bit comfortable. But it just didn't matter to him. He kept at it till I fell to the ground begging him to leave me alone.

"He tried to raise my blouse while I was fallen. Finally he pulled me up on my feet.

"I thought he had listened to all my pleas. But just then, he turned me against the wall and started trying to make out again.

"He tried to reach for my jeans, but I can't remember how I moved for him to give up on that. Not being able to succeed at that, he started unbelting. I didn't dare look down."

According to the STOMPer, her ordeal continued until she even fell to her knees.

She said after he was done, the male colleague left and returned to his office.

She said:

"He later returned to my office just before leaving as he had some paper work to finish and spoke as if nothing had happened.

"This left me in a rage for I wanted him to talk about what happened. To explain it. To feel remorseful for his actions. For causing hurt. But he was stone like, acted like nothing had happened.

"The trauma of having to had go through that is not something that is easy to get over.

"Firstly, it was a betrayal by someone I considered a friend.

"Secondly, it was done against my wishes, against my pleas. He showed no respect whatsoever to me or my feelings or my pleas."

The STOMPer says she is afraid to report the matter to the Police.

She says:

"I'd have to take a polygraph test and so would he and they'd have to come down to the premises to take pictures and all of that.

"I was not prepared for the level of scrutiny and drama that would alert the others working around me."

Although she brought up the matter to her management, she later retracted her statement because she wanted to have peace of mind because she could not concentrate on other things and did not want to get more people involved.

She adds:

"I don't believe he is truly aware as to the gravity of the situation or how close he actually came to losing his job.

"I did get an apology from him which at the point I thought was sincere, but which I now question.

"I don't believe there is any remorse. And I can see that by his actions, his mannerisms.

"His act since returning to work has been that of one who has not erred. And it is making me sick to the pit. I really regret having retracted my statement in the company.

"I want to highlight the situation and bring to light what a cheap scumbag he is and how the others should be aware of him.

"I have now come to understand that early last year he was making his moves on another young girl, again in office, only that time there were some eye witnesses which had sparked a rumour mill.

"And similar to now, he was left safe in his job with the girl having to scurry away like the guilty party.

"I am now losing my job for a folly that I made -- retracting my statement, a true one about how he molested me.

"I don't want him to ever touch or hurt another girl.

"I want people to know who he is, to be aware of him so they can be guarded in his presence. Women are not toys to play with.

"We have feelings and we are just as respectable. And if ever we say NO, we mean it."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dumb of her, retract for what? You can only cry wolf so many times, so what if her story is true?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I guess if you're afraid, that's a natural reaction. But if you're too afraid, the signal you're sending would be wrongly translated to him as "since she's not going to the police, why not try another time at her again?"

Its up to her to report this to the police- and in this, I think she has to find one of her fellow female peers and ask her for advice. That usually works better because girls understand each other better.

If guys do it, they would think we are talking down to them.