• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB bank security guard chiu cheng - misfires shotgun and injures customer

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wounded after gun goes off in bank

New Straits Times
Wednesday, Nov 09, 2011

JOHOR BARU - A bank customer was wounded when a shotgun, belonging to a security guard, was accidentally discharged at the outlet at Taman Sentosa here yesterday.

The woman, identified only as Madam Lim, was depositing money at a cash deposit machine about 3.30pm.

It is learnt that a security guard, in his 50s, who was on duty near the automated teller machines, suddenly discharged his gun and the shot hit the marble floor.

The debris from the marble floor hit the woman's right leg.

A male customer in the bank, identified as Lee Chai Heng, 56, was not wounded.

Lim's husband sent her to Sultanah Aminah Hospital here for outpatient treatment.

Police arrived at 5.35pm and recorded a statement from Lee, and seized the pump gun.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The good ones are all in S'pore, hired by CISCO and AETOS.
Cisco and aetos even better....they dun shoot others they shoot themselves in the head...
Singapore also go a few incidents of bungling armed guards shooting bystanders before...

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cisco and aetos even better....they dun shoot others they shoot themselves in the head...
Singapore also go a few incidents of bungling armed guys shooting bystanders before...

They took over this role after the SPF. In the 90s, I recall several cases whereby SPF chaps shot themselves. Not aware of accidental shooting whereby bystanders were hurt.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best is babu singh jaga.. towkays even employ them to guard their tombs

4040589088_35d3a6d4d5.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sikh guards can be found where the british used to be - HK and even shanghai has a few sikh descendants from the colonial days.
I remembered those bayi that guard goldsmiths....armed with long rifles or shotguns.....they will sleep on foldable beds outside the shops they jaga.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They took over this role after the SPF. In the 90s, I recall several cases whereby SPF chaps shot themselves. Not aware of accidental shooting whereby bystanders were hurt.
I recalled a case of robbery in centerpoint where the cisco (think it was a female) shot a bystander or her colleague while aiming at the robbers....later was found she failed her shooting test.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remembered those bayi that guard goldsmiths....armed with long rifles or shotguns.....they will sleep on foldable beds outside the shops they jaga.

Sikhs are awesome! The ones I grew up meeting are always friendly and funny. I don't know why and how they become "fearsome" security guards.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rogue Trader said:
Sikhs are awesome! The ones I grew up meeting are always friendly and funny. I don't know why and how they become "fearsome" security guards.

Basically by virtue of their size. Remember OCBC used to use the tag "Big and Friendly" and they had a Sikh projecting this image of security.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remember in the 70's & 80's they were a common sight used to guard banks in Spore. They were armed with double barrel shotguns. They were victims of the PAP monopolising the security industry i.e. CISCO

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
The good ones are all in S'pore, hired by CISCO and AETOS.

Don't you remember the Cisco guard @ DBS Jurong somewhere tried to shoot himself in the head for his divorce, ended up only shot on the PC monitor and the ear of the bank staff got shot off?

:biggrin::biggrin:

1St World leh you don't know meh?

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember in the 70's & 80's they were a common sight used to guard banks in Spore. They were armed with double barrel shotguns. They were victims of the PAP monopolising the security industry i.e. CISCO

Monopolising is a formal way of putting it; its more of stanadising the commercial security scene from that era onwards.

Those bayis at banks and gold/jewellery shops with a shotgun usually leaves a mixed impression.

Usually you will see an old lethargic sikh with a very old shotgun guarding the place. Those days, if robbers were resolved to achieve their objective, the first one to be down will be the guard and the robbers will be awarded with a loaded shotgun for their effort. The exposure of collateral damage to the surround will be greater.

With the introduction of CISCO, the threat were further reduce with a slightly better and younger personnels .

However, the image of CISCO & AETOS has never improve over the years with their lax standards in recruitment.
Primarily, no one trust these type of outfits but establishment that are force to engage them by nature of regulations or business nature.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Monopolising is a formal way of putting it; its more of stanadising the commercial security scene from that era onwards.

Those bayis at banks and gold/jewellery shops with a shotgun usually leaves a mixed impression.

Usually you will see an old lethargic sikh with a very old shotgun guarding the place. Those days, if robbers were resolved to achieve their objective, the first one to be down will be the guard and the robbers will be awarded with a loaded shotgun for their effort. The exposure of collateral damage to the surround will be greater.

With the introduction of CISCO, the threat were further reduce with a slightly better and younger personnels .

However, the image of CISCO & AETOS has never improve over the years with their lax standards in recruitment.
Primarily, no one trust these type of outfits but establishment that are force to engage them by nature of regulations or business nature.

I have seen fat aunties from AETOS at Woodlands checkpoint armed with revolvers, hardly a comforting sight for security.