• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Japan startup aims to put 'Miracle Meat' on American dinner plates

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Fo...4&pub_date=20210526085958&seq_num=13&si=44594

Japan startup aims to put 'Miracle Meat' on American dinner plates
Fake-meat maker Daiz to build U.S. plant in 2022 with eye on the world

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F0%252F2%252F3%252F5%252F34375320-1-eng-GB%252Fphoto_SXM2021051300014697.jpg

Daiz's Miracle Meat can be found at the Freshness Burger chain as well as key retailers in Japan. (Photo by Junya Hemmi)
JUNYA HEMMI, Nikkei staff writerMay 25, 2021 23:35 JST

TOKYO -- Japanese plant-based-meat startup Daiz has kicked off preparations to expand into the U.S., tapping that country's fast-growing market for alternative meats with plans to go global.

The company is conducting market research in the U.S. with investor and trading house Marubeni, laying the groundwork for research and development and other operations there after launching Daiz USA in Boston on May 1.

It aims to build an American factory for its soy-based Miracle Meat in 2022. Location, capacity and cost are to be determined.

Vegan meats are often made with soy meal left over from oil production, or from peas. But Daiz uses soybeans germinated using patented technology that fine-tunes temperatures and oxygen and carbon dioxide levels, activating enzymes to greatly increase nutritional content.

Daiz also uses soybeans with a more neutral odor to more closely replicate the taste and texture of conventional meat. It aims for a price point similar to chicken and plans to market Miracle Meat to local food companies and other potential buyers.

Plant-based meats have surged in popularity in recent years as a healthier, environmentally gentler alternative to conventional meat. Beyond Meat, a leading name in the U.S., became the first in the field to debut on the Nasdaq market in May 2019. Rival unicorn Impossible Foods is also reportedly preparing to list its shares.

Global demand is only expected to grow. The Tokyo-based Yano Research Institute sees the market for alternative meats -- defined as the total shipment value of plant-based meats and cultured meats -- expanding roughly 620% over a decade to 1.87 trillion yen in 2030. Daiz hopes to make the U.S. a jumping-off point for success elsewhere.

"We aim to expand into Southeast Asia and China as well and hope to use the U.S. as a foothold into the rest of the world," founder and President Tsuyoshi Ide said.

Daiz was born in 2015 from Kajitsudo, a microgreens producer that has attracted money from Toyota Motor and Mitsui & Co. The fake-meat startup itself has received roughly 3 billion yen ($28 million) so far from investors including Marubeni, Ajinomoto and Nichirei Foods.

The company is already expanding its footprint at home. A June facility upgrade will quadruple capacity to 4,000 tons a year. The company supplies Miracle Meat to Japanese restaurant chain Freshness Burger, as well as retailers Aeon and Life.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have not tried a fake meat burger before. Is it good? Does it taste like real meat?
I tried twice. Once at Swensens, Once at MOS burger.
One tasted nice, one tasted like shit.

Basically, you can tell that both added a lot of salt and favourings. Yummy or not, it tastes artificial. After eating, I felt indigestion or thirsty (due to the salt). No doubt it is vegan, my body don't feel healthy. I think such processes food is complex and has a great deal of carbon foodprints too. For real healthy food, just stick to the greens without pesticides.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I tried twice. Once at Swensens, Once at MOS burger.
One tasted nice, one tasted like shit.

Basically, you can tell that both added a lot of salt and favourings. Yummy or not, it tastes artificial. After eating, I felt indigestion or thirsty (due to the salt). No doubt it is vegan, my body don't feel healthy. I think such processes food is complex and has a great deal of carbon foodprints too. For real healthy food, just stick to the greens without pesticides.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, that's my thinking too. If want vegetable, eat greens. When eating a burger, ones expect it to have real meat. Also, vegetarians eat mock meats that resemble char siew, abalone, duck etc. These are probably less healthier than the real thing.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its ultra process food with alot of salt...so if its more unhealthy. Why each such crap?

Whole Foods CEO dismisses plant-based meat as ‘super-highly processed foods’
It may be good for the environment, he told CNBC, but maybe not for our bodies.

Abrar Al-Heeti headshot
Aug. 28, 2019 4:24 p.m. PT
impossibleburger
Plant-based "meats" from companies like Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat have been getting plenty of attention lately -- from both fans and critics. Impossible Foods
Despite all the hype, Whole Foods' CEO reportedly isn't a fan of plant-based "meat." While it may be good for the environment, John Mackey told CNBC last week, it's not great for your health.

"If you look at the ingredients, they are super highly processed foods," Mackey, who is vegan, reportedly said. "I don't think eating highly processed foods is healthy. I think people thrive on eating whole foods."

Beyond Meat, a plant-based meat startup, began selling its vegan chicken strips at Whole Foods in 2013. The startup went on to develop plant-based beef, and competitor Impossible Foods also created a burger that tastes like beef. The Impossible Burger is available at restaurants such as Burger King, White Castle and Red Robin.

The plant-based meat craze is quickly growing. This week, Beyond Meat and Kentucky Fried Chicken said they're teaming up to test plant-based chicken. A KFC restaurant in Atlanta was the first to offer Beyond Fried Chicken as nuggets and boneless wings.

Many people have pointed out that plant-based meat, which is processed and contains fair amounts of sodium and saturated fat, isn't as healthy as some may think. In addition, Impossible Burger and Beyond Burger have calorie counts similar to that of ground beef. Still, some nutritionists have said the burgers aren't necessarily bad for you, despite being processed.

Video: Burger King's Impossible Whopper: see the technology that is making the impossible, possible
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, that's my thinking too. If want vegetable, eat greens. When eating a burger, ones expect it to have real meat. Also, vegetarians eat mock meats that resemble char siew, abalone, duck etc. These are probably less healthier than the real thing.
want to screw do with real woman,,,,,,,,,,,,sex doll not same

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The soy based is actually quite crunchy snd juicy and somehow just nice for a meal if its just for a person.
Normal weekly dinner menu:
Mon - fish
Tue - chicken
Wed- beef
Thurs- vege
Fri - mutton
Sat - pork
Sun- chicken

Vege weekly dinner menu:
Mon - soy
Tue - soy
Wed- soy
Thurs- soy
Fri - soy
Sat - soy
Sun- suicide

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal

glob.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal weekly dinner menu:
Mon - fish
Tue - chicken
Wed- beef
Thurs- vege
Fri - mutton
Sat - pork
Sun- chicken