• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jap woman sad to leave Singapore

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Jap woman sad to leave Singapore</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jun-5 11:18 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 10) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>14657.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Bidding goodbye to S'pore and multicultural friends

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I MOVED to Singapore from Japan five years ago with my young son after my husband was transferred here.
I was born and grew up in Kyoto and after I got married, I moved to the countryside in Hyogo. I was completely satisfied with my life as I had good friends, a proper job and a cosy house with a garden. So moving here was a big decision for me as I had to leave everything behind.
Now I realise the one thing I could not have in Japan was good foreign friends. Singapore has made me realise how important English is. It is a key to expand our lives dramatically.
In Japan, we normally start to learn English as a subject in Secondary 1, so we understand the grammar but have no chance to converse with others. So after I arrived here, I went for English lessons.
If I had not learnt English, I would not have made any friends here. I count Britons, Germans, Filipinos, Brazilians, Chinese, Indians, Malays, Thais, Koreans and Taiwanese among my many friends.
Now it is time to return to Japan and I am sad to leave all my friends here. My husband, too, will miss his engineering firm in Jurong, where 14 different nationalities work together in harmony. We will always cherish our wonderful experience in Singapore. Yoko Abiko (Ms)

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Bef ~ I hope you didn't mistake that wannabe for me. She/he obviously CAN'T ACCEPT THE REALITY that if locals could have done the letter-writer's husband's job BETTER, locals would have been recruited. In this case, the husband was transferred from Japan by his employer - nothing to do with recruiting foreigners.

mad 06:26 ~ I dispute your generalisation that 'the quality of life in Japan is certainly much better than here'. If you've been sardined and pushed - by dedicated train staff into carriages at peak hours - in Shinjuku you'd reassess that assertion. Sometimes it's so bad you can't even raise an arm to cover your sneeze!

During one recession, retrenched older salarymen - who lost their rented homes - used cardboard to makeshift temporary homes under train viaducts. In winter, they'd huddle in Shinjuku's underground passageways to escape the cold.

The Yakuza, Japaneses mafia - running organised crime - occasionally murders rivals in broad daylight. Otherwise, they keep a low profile which may explain - but doesn't justify - why the law allows them to operate. Unlike Singapore - and other nations - who won't tolerate gangsters let alone a mafia however low-profiled.

Karoshi means death by overwork - a Japanese phenomenon that has yet to happen here. Peer pressure to behave and perform there is pernicious as personal and family honour is taken to extremes. And weakness is frowned on and exhibitors ostracised if not severely disadvantaged.

I've spoken with Jap youths here who prefer Singapore's better-off liberalism vis-a-vis their merciless social impositions. A Hollywood version of Japaneseness needs disillusioning. My cousin lived in Japan for a spell and heard European girlfriends' horror stories of Jap men knocking on their doors at night seeking sex. They were under the illusion that ALL WHITE WOMEN ARE SEX MANIACS.

A consequence of not being able to access REAL WORLD news in English? I believe English to be a master key that accesses everyone to global news to enlighten on real-world realities some vernaculars cannot. English or whatever language isn't JUST AN INSTRUMENT OF COMMERCE as humans and humanity should transcend narrow confines/pursuits.

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Jousterr at Sat Jun 06 13:26:27 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>It's very mean of you, Juosterr, to say that!

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Befair2others at Sat Jun 06 11:22:43 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Thank you and pack off early, you unwanted foreign talent. At least one singaporean will get the job which you blocked for so many years.

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Juosterr at Sat Jun 06 09:23:05 SGT 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I count Britons, Germans, Filipinos, Brazilians, Chinese, Indians, Malays, Thais, Koreans and Taiwanese among my many friends....Now it is time to return to Japan and I am sad to leave all my friends here. QUOTE]

Sad indeed, but some Sporeans are happy to leave the country. They are not sad to leave their fiends and colleagues behind -- not even their close relatives.

And probably they only want to make friends with angmoh only ... not the Filipinos, Chinese, Indians, Malays, Thais, etc.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a freak country.

Sinkies can be exceptionally nice to foreigners but they hate their own kind.

I guess this is what happen to a country when you let a Traitor runs it.

Economic and infrastructure wise we may be more advance compare to our neighbors but our people are mostly like shit.

At Least 66% of them are.

They are classified as middle class, short sighted, ignorant cowards with the "Me first" attitude who will abandoned Singapore at the drop of a hat.

Thanks to Dirty Hairy, he manage to groom a nation to be just like him, Cowardly Traitors.