• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jalan Besar - A filthy, neglected ward

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read my comments again. Where did I state that the opposition will do a better job?

Of course, my header is relevant to my post. Your silence on the state of cleanliness in the areas I mentioned confirms this.

Hello, my 1st post I already said it's not filthy, you cant read izzit? simi silence?

Your header is relevant to the story? please explain? Which part of the report said Jalan Besar is filthy and neglected?

Are you Makapaaa minions? LOL

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe I should start a thread "Marine Parade - Red Lights and Vietnamese lovers joints", if there's a news report about oppositions challenging the Marine Parade GRC :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I live in Jalan Besar GRC. To say it dirty must be gila (mad). It's so clean that I go TC and MPS beg Yaacob Ibrahim, tolong tolong, cukup cukup (please please, enough enough). No need every week trim grass, trees and plants (very noisy), once every two or three months is enough. No need every other year redo carparks and pavements (even more noisy). I think it's so sparkling new wait till I die then redo also can.

Yaacob Ibrahim : I'm the Minister for Environment. The environment in my ward must be sparkling and spotless. A few months ago MM came spotcheck you should know, you were there I saw you. Here, I give you two free ear plugs. Don't tell others. Otherwise everybody comes, I run out of stock.

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I live in Jalan Besar GRC. To say it dirty must be gila (mad). It's so clean that I go TC and MPS beg Yaacob Ibrahim, tolong tolong, cukup cukup (please please, enough enough). No need every day trim grass, trees and plants (very noisy), once every two or three months is enough. No need every other year redo carparks and pavements (even more noisy). I think it's so sparkling new wait till I die then redo also can.

Yaacob Ibrahim : I'm the Minister for Environment. The environment in my ward must be sparkling and spotless. Here, I give you two free ear plugs. Don't tell others. Otherwise everybody comes, I run out of stock.

Maybe groinroot meant that area where there are prostitutes standing in the dark alleys of desker. A lot of workers pee-ing at the drains of petain. Maybe he meant that area is filthy. :p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe groinroot meant that area where there are prostitutes standing in the dark alleys of desker. A lot of workers pee-ing at the drains of petain. Maybe he meant that area is filthy. :p

You Singaporean or immigrant? Petain Road and Desker Road, where got such thing as no stale urine smell. They're not known as public toilets for nothing. However they must keep prostitution services affordable to foreign workers and lower incomes. Otherwise, the problem may be hell instead of just smell.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
You Singaporean or immigrant? Petain Road and Desker Road, where got such thing as no stale urine smell. They're not known as public toilets for nothing.

That's why I said maybe groinroot meant that part of jalan besar grc. I every time go kitchener road eat scissor cut rice, go to lavender eminent plaza area and this dunlop street, I think it's quite well kept.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then how about Geylang, Geylang Serai and Joo Chiat Complex area? Quite filthy and dodgy also leh, can I say Marina Parade is a filthy area and said oppositions also got chance there? :confused::confused: Thats fucking noob comment :biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then how about Geylang, Geylang Serai and Joo Chiat Complex area? Quite filthy and dodgy also leh, can I say Marina Parade is a filthy area and said oppositions also got chance there? :confused::confused: Thats fucking noob comment :biggrin::biggrin:

That's under Marine Parade, Goh Meng Seng's uncle. What do you think? Got any chance?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, my 1st post I already said it's not filthy, you cant read izzit? simi silence?

Your header is relevant to the story? please explain? Which part of the report said Jalan Besar is filthy and neglected?

Are you Makapaaa minions? LOL
I had already highlighted 4 locations which are super dirty. If you still smell lavendar and roses in these areas, then I have nothing more to say. Good bye.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had already highlighted 4 locations which are super dirty. If you still smell lavendar and roses in these areas, then I have nothing more to say. Good bye.

I just passed by Syed Alwi yesterday. Quite clean leh.

Why not like this, you take photos and post here.

There are 2 ways you can do it, if the place is clean.

1) Photoshop the rubbish and filth in the photos
or
2) You take the rubbish from your place and throw it at that road. Then you take a photo.

:biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jalan Besar GRC is generally clean, especially HDB estates, expect Desker and Petain areas. But nobody sane expects these areas to be clean anyway, unless clean up the cheap prostitution there.

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
MP Lily Neo said: "I do not believe in people just coming in just before elections to say 'hello' and then to disappear for the next few years and then to not see them until the next election! That is not our policy.

"Our policy is not winning elections, but it is to win people's hearts, to win people's confidence, to show them that over the years, we can serve them well, and they know that they have a team who they can trust, the team that will continue to serve them".

Hahaha, but i do know for the past few elections, her team mate mr. yaacob just appear in our block before election and never appear again until election coming. hahahaha

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
go to kallang bridge, the underpass below it. hahaha not only smelly but also alot of homeless people. ohh! also saw one family living there with small kids. the last time i pass by there is early 2010.

honestly i alway vote for oppo. if pap promiss to get help and find a place for those homeless under kallang bridge and nicol high way bridge i will vote ffor them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahaha, but i do know for the past few elections, her team mate mr. yaacob just appear in our block before election and never appear again until election coming. hahahaha

Don't underestimate his groundworks, at least not in his own division Kolam Ayer (a.k.a. Kallang Bahru). He's around the neighbourhood every Chinese New Year, Hari Raya Aidilfitri and National Day, on top of occasional CCC/RC events now and then. His MPS hosting is near perfect weekly except when he's abroad. If there's a weakness, it may be he close cases very fast, listens to a few points, not the whole story, and next!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not filthy? Be reasonable and give your clean rating of Jalan Berseh Food Centre? How clean are the coffee-shops along Maude Road? Townshend Road? Syed Alwi Road? If you still insist they are are all clean and meet the NEA standards of hygiene, I have no further comments.

comeon be reasonable those rds are located in little shitland. Since when are kelings clean? If they were clean pigs can fly.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not filthy? Be reasonable and give your clean rating of Jalan Berseh Food Centre? How clean are the coffee-shops along Maude Road? Townshend Road? Syed Alwi Road? If you still insist they are are all clean and meet the NEA standards of hygiene, I have no further comments.
Filthy? Nah...nevermind, I still enjoy the turtle soup there! By the way, i dun really heck care of the surrounding as long as the turtle soup is served piping hot! Frankly, being too hygienic also bad for my immune system! If u really wan "clean", tink it's better to eat in the hotels' cafes or restaurants, more condusive for your appetite, I shld say!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya...jalan besar there is filthy becos got many ahneh like Alamaking stayin there lah.....no matter how many times clean also no use lah....:rolleyes: