• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jackie Chan's son Jaycee to stand trial for drug crime 'on Friday'

IBelieve

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jackie Chan's son Jaycee to stand trial for drug crime 'on Friday'

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 06 January, 2015, 11:15am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 06 January, 2015, 2:28pm

Staff Reporter

jaycee-arrest.jpg

Jaycee Chan tested positive for marijuana months ago and was arrested. Photo: Reuters

Actor Jaycee Chan, son of kung fu star Jackie Chan, will stand trial in Beijing on drug charges this week, according to a government-affiliated mainland newspaper.

The Dongcheng District Court in Beijing announced the trial would start on Friday, the Legal Evening News reported today.

The younger Chan was detained along with Taiwanese movie star Ko Chen-tung for suspected drug use at a foot massage parlour in the capital on August 14. Police said more than 100 grams of marijuana were later found at Chan's home and that both men admitted to using the drug.

Ko was released after 14 days in administrative detention, while Chan, 32, has remained in police custody.

Last month, Jaycee was charged with sheltering others to use drugs by the Supreme People's Procuratorate.

Mainland media reported that Jaycee Chan admitted that he first abused drugs in the Netherlands in 2006, while Ko did it for the first time in Jaycee's home two years ago.

A video of the police's raid on Jackie Chan's home was shown on state television, followed by Ko's tearful confession.

A "furious and shocked" Jackie Chan, 60, offered a "deep bow of apology" in August for his son's crime. The elder Chan once served as goodwill spokesman for the China National Anti-Drug Committee in 2009.

Prior to his high-profile arrest, Jaycee, also known as Fong Cho-ming, had seen his film career flounder on the mainland and in Hong Kong.

"As a father, I'm in pain. His mother is heartbroken. hope youngsters will take Cho-ming's lesson seriously and stay away from drugs," posted on his social media page last year.

"I did not teach my son well," Jackie added. "I'm taking my responsibility and together with Cho-ming, we take a deep bow and offer our apology to society and members of the public."