• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jack Neo is now Karen Neo

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20101115.122552_jackneorotator.jpg

IT'S been eight years since he dressed up as a woman.

And for disgraced local director Jack Neo, there's perhaps no better time than now to dust the cobwebs off his wig and padded bras.

In his latest Chinese New Year movie Homecoming, he plays middle-aged aunty Karen Neo.

It marks his showbiz comeback after his two-year extra-marital affair with 22-year-old model Wendy Chong was exposed in March.

Is dabbling in drag a calculated career move then, given that the public adored his earlier beloved female incarnations Liang Popo and Liang Ximei?

Neo, 50, denied that was his intention.

He told The New Paper: "It doesn't matter to me whether I play a woman or a man, as long as my conscience is clear.

"The audience will have their own thinking. I was offered the role and I accepted it because it has been a very long time since I played a woman."

He spoke to The New Paper in between filming Homecoming at Golden Mile Complex yesterday.

Also present was Malaysian singer-actor Aniu,who plays Karen Neo's son.

Helmed by film veteran Daniel Yun's movie production house Homerun Asia, the movie takes place over the two days leading up to the Chinese New Year.

It tells a series of stories about people rushing home for the important reunion dinner.

The movie also stars Mark Lee, Huang Wenhong and Rebecca Lim.

The $1 million movie opens here on Feb 3 next year.

Though Neo made it clear from the start of the interview that he would not respond to questions regarding his affair, the seasoned artiste alluded to it.

He said: "It's natural that everyone is concerned about me and my direction. The concern itself isn't bad but if I have nothing to say, then I'd rather not talk.

"Talk is cheap, action is most important. I'd rather show people through my actions and work, not by talking...

"I hope people won't keep asking me about it. If you have an unhappy encounter, you wish it can pass. People cannot be stuck in an unhappy stage in life."

Some people who were watching the filming said they've already forgiven Neo. Filming began in October and ends today. Some of the cast and crew also flew to Kuala Lumpur to film scenes.

Housewife Lily See, 58, thinks that people should "delete the memory" of his affair.

"I think it's good that he's back. Making mistakes is inevitable. He has to live and carry on with his life. He shouldn't
waste his talent," she said.

Madam See, who had rushed down from her home in Bedok to the film set in Beach Road just to see Neo, added that she looks forward to watching his movies every Chinese New Year.

Her brother, who works near the film set, had told her about the filming.

Mr Lim Tong Hing, 64, a storekeeper who works in the vicinity of the film set, added that Neo's affair is water under the bridge.

He was also one of several passers-by who didn't recognise Neo in drag.

It's no wonder because Karen Neo is a stark difference from Liang Ximei, the famous aunty Neo created and played in 2000 in several variety TV shows.

Gone are the gaudy clothes, large spectacles and "aunty" hairdo.

Instead, Karen Neo dresses in light-coloured outfits and her stylish crop falls in soft curls around her ears.

If you look closely enough, something's different about the eyes too.

Explained Neo: "The make-up artist applied very strong glue on the skin around the corners of my eyes and pulled the skin upwards to give me a different eye shape.

"I don't have sensitive skin but the skin was pulled so tight that it peeled off. The make-up artist had to stick the glue on another part of my skin to allow the first patch to heal."

He called his wig a "helmet" because it was so hot and stuffy. He also had to endure the pain of plucking his eyebrows and waxing his chest.

In between filming, a crew member was spotted pulling Neo's blouse up to fan his body, which was wrapped up in a padded bodysuit.

Making light of his discomfort, he added: "People who don't have money for Botox can just stick glue on their temples."

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
YAWNNNN......!!!! Is that all he can offer? Gaining fame by cross-dessing as an old and ugly poofter? :oIo:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
if jack neo want to become a famous drag queen, he should go learn from singapore most famous drag queen ahneh Alamaking..... if u cannot identify which ahqua is Alamaking in Changi Village, just look a black one who wear a fake rolex watch...HAHAHAHAHAHHAH

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right, it is a yawn.

Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams did this 20 years ago.

Jack Neo really lacking in creativity except for humping girls.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's right, it is a yawn.

Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams did this 20 years ago.

Jack Neo really lacking in creativity except for humping girls.

hi there

1. yes and bingo!
2. what a load of crap from jackarse again and again.
3. just another big yawn man!
4. same crew, same plot and same old same old things.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How much do you think he makes a month, i would say not too shabby.
Knn this type of creative trash if in HK become begger liao.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie sheep disgust me. What a soulless country this is. The food is imported. The national athletes are imported. The primetime drama is Taiwanese. And this "cultural medallion" recipient is nothing more than an one trick pony trotting out trite, crass "comedy" whenever he's not exploiting the gullibility of average looking attention whores. What irks me the most is the sight of obsequious sinkie sheep flaunting a plate of rice with chicken and broken English as the essence of Singaporean-ness. How pathetic could these sheep be.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there a risk that he might want to screw himself? :biggrin:

That he is doing it now, scrwing himself for he can't screw at home ( wifey says no, no) , he can't screw outside (everybody knows, he can't answer to pastor), so no choice SCREW HIMSELF!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That he is doing it now, scrwing himself for he can't screw at home ( wifey says no, no) , he can't screw outside (everybody knows, he can't answer to pastor), so no choice SCREW HIMSELF!

He has a big problem. It's not long enough unless he uses his fist.

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a pathetic piece of shit. Dress in drag to make a comeback. Farking low life bastid of the highest order.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only in Singapore can we find should things.... Thats why, STB should revert back to using Uniquely Singapore as the tagline....

What a lame way for Jack Neo to make a comeback... thinking that his drag-queen's act will help him.... Gosh, pay money to watch such crap... I rather watch paint dry...