• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's no longer just the Indians who dance around a tree

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, why do Indians ( or Hindi ) dance round the trees ?

Excerpt

Bollywood has been an important part of me when I was growing up. Bollywood has grown with me as I grew up with it. It has changed a lot for the good or the worse, but definitely it has changed more so to keep up with the change in its audience.
Recently I felt this need to clarify to my non-Indian friends “Why do people dance around trees in Indian movies?” They no longer do! Yes, they used to and when I watch old bollywood movies its funny to me as well. (Disclaimer: When I say Bollywood I mean only Hindi movies, because I can only speak for them). Bollywood produces what the Indian audience would consume and it does it very well. At the end of the day its a product which needs to be sold and no ones gonna buy it if they dont like it.

Now, why the running around trees? Well, India’s culture has been very conservative and the movie industry has well reflected it. Showing real emotions is what film-making is about and sexuality is one such expression of emotions which is not far from humans anywhere in the world. Conservativeness brings hypocrisy with it! So while India has the largest population in the World (I assume due to the promiscuity), talking about sex within families remains a taboo. This has to be reflected in movies isn’t it? What could make it worse? Somehow bollywood focuses a lot on romantic love stories. So when a couple makes out its usually depicted as a pre-game seducing act which sometimes happens by running around trees chasing each other. I know it sounds dumb, but when the chase ends the game begins, but the game is not meant for screen as it is “against the culture”. Sometimes this game is depicted by flowers rubbing against each other. I am not kidding! Makes a bit more sense now?

Dancing around the trees ... a form of subtle fore-play for the Indian's pair in love.