• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Tan Kin Lian courting Dr Chee to his side with his 'apology' ?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it a sincere "apology" which is long overdue or a posturing to reach out to the opposition camp ?

Out of the blue, Mr Tan Kin Lian posted on his blog this morning " An apology to Dr Chee Soon Juan and his sister " about a comment from CNA forum posted on 14 October 6 weeks ago.

Mr Tan said:

"I wish to apologise to Chee Soon Juan and his sister for the damage that is caused to them by the statement, “what many stupid and selfish politicians in Singapore have done and seek self destruction.”

In the first place, there was no explicit reference made to Dr Chee and his sister in the alleged "offensive" comment.

Secondly, there was no furore or response from SDP or Dr Chee over the statement.

And lastly, what "damage" has it caused the Chees when they have been through much greater tribulations including being slandered publicly by the state media.

Had not Mr Tan chose to reveal the blog post now, nobody would have taken notice of it.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/27/is-tan-kin-lian-posturing-to-reach-out-to-the-opposition-camp/

EssaiveE

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is playing a political game now. Its quite obvious now what he really wants. I can sense he is eyeing the presidency as that is the only way he can challenge the ruling govt over issues on the national reserves.

And if the Govt already knows this, expect an announcement sooner or later by Parliament to amend the president's power over the country's reserves.

Z

Zombie

此地无银三百两
隔壁阿二不曾偷

Why the need to apologise?
He meant he does not know what he copied and pasted?
He meant he allows articles that do not agree with his principles, in his blog?

:biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Avantas,

I guess all of you think too much. :wink:

It's a simple, sincere apology, as far as I can see it. There is some background to this apology which I do not think I want to elaborate on it here.

But it is very clear to me now, that Mr. Tan Kin Lian is a very HONEST and FAIR person, so to speak.

Goh Meng Seng

Is it a sincere "apology" which is long overdue or a posturing to reach out to the opposition camp ?

Out of the blue, Mr Tan Kin Lian posted on his blog this morning " An apology to Dr Chee Soon Juan and his sister " about a comment from CNA forum posted on 14 October 6 weeks ago.

Mr Tan said:

"I wish to apologise to Chee Soon Juan and his sister for the damage that is caused to them by the statement, “what many stupid and selfish politicians in Singapore have done and seek self destruction.”

In the first place, there was no explicit reference made to Dr Chee and his sister in the alleged "offensive" comment.

Secondly, there was no furore or response from SDP or Dr Chee over the statement.

And lastly, what "damage" has it caused the Chees when they have been through much greater tribulations including being slandered publicly by the state media.

Had not Mr Tan chose to reveal the blog post now, nobody would have taken notice of it.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/27/is-tan-kin-lian-posturing-to-reach-out-to-the-opposition-camp/