• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is South Island of New Zealand worth a visit ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I plan to fly to NZ for the first time. I want to keep the cost as low as possible.

Should I fly to Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch ?

I want to stay in a modern city surrounded by mountains. I'm going to bring a couple of old farts with me, so even though they love mountains they can't walk for too log.

Any suggestions ?

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I plan to fly to NZ for the first time. I want to keep the cost as low as possible.

I want to stay in a modern city surrounded by mountains. I'm going to bring a couple of old farts with me, so even though they love mountains they can't walk for too log.

Any suggestions ?
All the beautiful places are in South Island.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any suggestions ?
North Island more urban...not-so-fun for outdoor person :smile:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like I should fly direct to Christchurch.

I want to bring the old farts to take a train to view the scenery. Safe and relax.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any suggestions ?
The old farts jiak kan tang kind?
Usually Cantonese old fart will go tiong land for sceneries

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old farts boh tak chek type will go Tiongland. Got study a bit know some angmoh zee type, they prefer Europe and Australia/NZ.
I think they are those guai guai type of tark chek old farts.
For the sleazy tark chek old farts will go bkk chiang mai Viet instead of going nz for the 花花草草 and mountains.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
milford sound by cruise more shiok. can see misty mountains up close from the sea and makan 5-star meals at the same time. don’t need to hike for 6.9 hrs. stops in south island cities are slow and boring. to see snow capped mountains in south island must drive inland for hours and hike (and camp) for days. more than 69% of sinkies not up for rugged outdoor tours. moreover, sinkies don’t know how to drive on rural country roads and highways. with old folks just enjoy a cruise to nz lah.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you want to go to the South Island fly directly to Christchurch.

The weather is wildly variable. It would be prudent to join some sort of organised tour which takes this into account and makes contingency plans for any eventualities. Many tourists have died going for a hike in 25 degC sunny weather and then getting caught out unprepared when a cold front sweeps the region a few hours later.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to go to the South Island fly directly to Christchurch.

The weather is wildly variable. It would be prudent to join some sort of organised tour which takes this into account and makes contingency plans for any eventualities. Many tourists have died going for a hike in 25 degC sunny weather and then getting caught out unprepared when a cold front sweeps the region a few hours later.
you are scaring me. i was planning to self drive both north and south in nov. am i too ambitious?

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal

Any suggestions ?
from south island can go Antarctica?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they are those guai guai type of tark chek old farts.
For the sleazy tark chek old farts will go bkk chiang mai Viet instead of going nz for the 花花草草 and mountains.
Thai South...highly recomended for Good Relaxation and your long lost youth vitality :smile:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
milford sound by cruise more shiok. can see misty mountains up close from the sea and makan 5-star meals at the same time. don’t need to hike for 6.9 hrs. stops in south island cities are slow and boring. to see snow capped mountains in south island must drive inland for hours and hike (and camp) for days. more than 69% of sinkies not up for rugged outdoor tours. moreover, sinkies don’t know how to drive on rural country roads and highways. with old folks just enjoy a cruise to nz lah.

Milford Sound cruise is a must-go when u visit there. Some offer 1 day 1 night cruise, where u get to stay on the cruise to see the night milkyway