• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it possible for SDP to change its leader??

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that SDP has backed out of the by-election, there are clear signs that there is discontent among the party ranks. The likes of Dr Wijeysingha, Dr Ang and Dr Tambyah were probably not willing to contest after all the negative publicity caused by Dr Chee and his flawed 'proposal' to WP.

Many observers have said that SDP needs to change its leader in order to move on.

The fact remains that SDP is a very well-organised party with many intellectuals. Their policies are creditable and sensible. Their online presence is stronger than WP. What they lack is a competent executor and on-the-ground man (like WP's Low) who can get the message across to the older voters.

So, is it possible for SDP to change its leader?

I think Dr Chee's position in SDP is very entrenched because of all the foreign publicity, awards, citations and funding he gets. Can the likes of the three doctors manage to overthrow him in a similar fashion to what he did with Chiam See Tong??

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I support replacing both Chee and Jufrie joker. Too bad Chee Siok Chin needs to go too.

VW or PT for SG. I am not hoping for discord to be sowed, but it will bear fruits in the longer term.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support replacing both Chee and Jufrie joker. Too bad Chee Siok Chin needs to go too.

VW or PT for SG. I am not hoping for discord to be sowed, but it will bear fruits in the longer term.

There is a faction in SDP that includes Francis Yong, Gerald Sng etc who are all staunch supporters of Chee.

How will VW or PT or AYG mobilise enough support to take over the leadership role?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lots of speculation about internal dissent, but I think all these people are still loyal to CSJ. For how long we don't know.

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a sink and die party. no point changing leaders. all members should jump ship and join other opposition party.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee says that all their posters were ready and they were good-to-go, and claims that the whole thing was not for show

This can only mean that the 3 candidates all refused to contest

Without deciding on their candidates, they could print posters? Whose face will they put on them?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that SDP has backed out of the by-election, there are clear signs that there is discontent among the party ranks. The likes of Dr Wijeysingha, Dr Ang and Dr Tambyah were probably not willing to contest after all the negative publicity caused by Dr Chee and his flawed 'proposal' to WP.

Many observers have said that SDP needs to change its leader in order to move on.

The fact remains that SDP is a very well-organised party with many intellectuals. Their policies are creditable and sensible. Their online presence is stronger than WP. What they lack is a competent executor and on-the-ground man (like WP's Low) who can get the message across to the older voters.

So, is it possible for SDP to change its leader?

I think Dr Chee's position in SDP is very entrenched because of all the foreign publicity, awards, citations and funding he gets. Can the likes of the three doctors manage to overthrow him in a similar fashion to what he did with Chiam See Tong??

The best case scenario for SDP is for CSJ to be some kind of figurehead and he can still attract all the goodies from do-gooder foreigners. But this episode should have convinced everybody that Chee Soon Juan should have his tonsils taken out and just shut up and sit down.

Somebody else takes over the decision making. Keep him on as an honorary figurehead. That is best for SDP.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lots of speculation about internal dissent, but I think all these people are still loyal to CSJ. For how long we don't know.

The loyal part may be true. I respect that. It means Chee and Jufrie should have the sense to automatically give way.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best case scenario for SDP is for CSJ to be some kind of figurehead and he can still attract all the goodies from do-gooder foreigners. But this episode should have convinced everybody that Chee Soon Juan should have his tonsils taken out and just shut up and sit down.

Somebody else takes over the decision making. Keep him on as an honorary figurehead. That is best for SDP.

CSJ kept a low profile in GE2011. I think that will continue.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ kept a low profile in GE2011. I think that will continue.

Sorry but this is SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE!

He is now discharged from bankruptcy. This means he is permitted to speak at rallies.

You can expect him to play a leading role in SDP's campaign in 2016 and beyond unless he is removed and replaced by someone like Tambyah or Wijeysingha.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but this is SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE!

He is now discharged from bankruptcy. This means he is permitted to speak at rallies.

You can expect him to play a leading role in SDP's campaign in 2016 and beyond unless he is removed and replaced by someone like Tambyah or Wijeysingha.

OK he can keep a high profile but he is not authorised to make decisions.