• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it possible for a TV to switch on by itself?

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since your TV is not smart, there is no need to leave it on to maintain wifi settings or other settings to enjoy quick boot-up. For the rest of this week, every night u off the wall plug after watching TV. I used to do this when I was young too
That's sounds troublesome. The switch is buried somewhere behind the 55" TV...

JakeWade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although the thread is from a year ago, the curiosity you expressed about your TV turning on by itself remains relevant. While it's uncommon, there could be several reasons for such unexpected behavior. TVs may experience glitches or respond to remote signals unintentionally. Checking settings and connected devices can provide insights.
For those interested in exploring discussions and solutions related to tech mysteries, https://multitechverse.com/ is a valuable resource. Despite the passage of time, the platform continues to host conversations that help enthusiasts understand and resolve such intriguing tech occurrences.

Last edited:

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was young, my TV always wanna play with me...
horror-poltergeist.gif

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's absolutely possible.
Some remote control of TV can on amp..some can on fan vice versa.
It's all about transceivers capacitors resistors etc components.