• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it possible for a forum's moderator or a forum-in-charge know if a forumner....??

qwert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just curious becos got this discussion with a forumner from another internet forum.

If a forumner does NOT log in to his account and merely go to a forum's website to read the postings in that forum, is it possible for that forum's moderator or the forum-in-charge to know that this particular forummner had just browse his forum even though this forummner did not log in??

Last edited:
B

BCR101

Re: Is it possible for a forum's moderator or a forum-in-charge know if a forumner...

I'm just curious becos got this discussion with a forumner from another internet forum.

If a forumner does NOT log in to his account and merely go to a forum's website to read the postings in that forum, is it possible for that forum's moderator or the forum-in-charge to know that this particular forummner had just browse his forum even though this forummner did not log in??

yes . you are spot on. in fact you will be surprise how much they kow about you .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Is it possible for a forum's moderator or a forum-in-charge know if a forumner...

The answer is no unless additional malware has covertly been installed that transmits the information or the member has a static IP address.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal

If so scared.Don't browse.Read books the best.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

what do you mean by unless the member has a static IP address??

So if a person's use his home laptop to go read a forum's postings but did not log in, can that forum's in-charge know that person has just come to read the forum's postings or not?

99% of the members log on via their ISP assigned dynamic IPs so the IP they used today could be assigned to someone else tomorrow.

However, if member qwert uses a static IP address, every time he/she logs on, the same IP address will appear.

If qwert then logs off and returns as guest, that IP address will now appear in the guest list and I will assume that it is actually qwert.

However, it could be one of qwert's relatives using the same wifi network. There is no way of telling 100%

To hide you real IP, use a proxy or VPN.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no secrecy in cyberspace.If scared to be detected,don't surf.It's an open book for everyone.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

There is no secrecy in cyberspace.If scared to be detected,don't surf.It's an open book for everyone.

As far as this forum is concerned, everything is routed through cloudflare so the only IPs I see are part of the cloudflare network. No IPs are logged.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... 1 groups said the forum's moderator will but the other side keep insisting they impossible..............so I just curious want to know which side is correct
both sides r both correct n incorrect ...

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you are crazy.

I'm not scared. It's just that yesterday 1 group of forumners were arguing with another group, 1 groups said the forum's moderator will but the other side keep insisting they impossible..............so I just curious want to know which side is correct

Suppose the forum mod/owner knows. So? What's the worst that'll happen? :rolleyes:

Hey, at least be glad that this isn't like HWZ forum which is hosted on SPH servers.

Here is proof: http://hostcabi.net/domain/fuckwarezone.com

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Or let's rephrase another question.

Say if a person has been banned by a forum's moderator last time before, now he use his house laptop from Singtel service provider to come to read this forum's postings but he does not register a new nick and his old nick had been banned and he did not log in to his old nick too..............So in this case does the forum-in-charge know that this person had come to read his forum's postings or not?

The answer for THIS forum running on vbulletin is "NO" I would not know if someone I banned came back as a guest without logging on. In fact, I would not know if someone I banned registered a new nick and started where he/she left off but that is because I am not interested in keeping track of members.

However, there could be other forums where the admin has put in scripts that track cookies or malware that logs MAC addresses etc.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

BTW, that dog is at it again. :biggrin:

dvS3scy.png