• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Insane 156% Cleaning Fee Hike in Hawkers' Centre to Proceed Despite Outcry

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]NEA now staggers the cleaning fee increase for hawkers[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
October 21st, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

Holland_Village_Market_and_Food_Centre1.jpg
Recently, National Environment Agency (NEA) announced that cleaning fees at 9 hawker centres will have to be increased, upsetting many hawkers at these centres (‘Hawkers upset at cleaning fee hikes by NEA‘).

The affected hawker centres include Holland Village Market and Food Centre, Commonwealth Crescent Market, Tanglin Halt Market, Adam Food Centre, Geylang Serai Market, Newton Food Centre, Maxwell Food Centre, Market Street Food Centre and Amoy Street Food Centre.

The fee increase can range from 79% in Tanglin Halt Market to 156% in Holland Village Market and Food Centre. At the Holland Village Market and Food Centre, for example, stall holders will have to pay the new fee of $614 a month, up from $240.

Several groups of hawkers have spoken out against the move by NEA and have also seen their MPs. At Tanglin Halt, owners of all the stalls also signed a petition asking the NEA to reconsider the new rates.

After much outcry from the hawkers, NEA now said that 6 of the 9 hawker centres will have their fee increase staggered. Stallholders will pay half of the planned increase per month from Oct to next Jan, and thereafter, the full increase until May when the cleaning contract is up for renewal.
NEA, which engages cleaners to clean tables, floors and other common areas for the hawker centres, said that the new cleaning charges “reflect current market conditions for best-sourced contracts”.

It was later revealed that the 9 affected hawker centres all come under a single contract with cleaning contractor, Clean Solutions.
Hawkers at other centres with different cleaning contracts are said to be paying only between $200 and $300 a month.
A quick check on the Internet reveals that the executive director of Clean Solutions is a person by the name of Tan Hang Kian [Link]. Subsequent checks reveal that there is also a person called Tan Hang Kian who is a grassroots leader and Vice-Chairman of the Siglap Citizens’ Consultative Committee [Link]. It is unclear if they are the same person.

With regard to the new rates charged by Clean Solutions, NEA has earlier said that the increased costs were “fair and representative of market rates for such services”. However, NEA acknowledged that the hawkers were not consulted over the new fees.
Holland Village drinks stall owner Michael Shee, 64, said it was “a bit frightening” that there was no guarantee fees will not rise further when the contracts are renewed in May next year.
Join our TRE facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow! Holland Village hawker centre renovated until so swee. Even NEA don't increase, pappies will find ways to increase.

Don't know my vege bee hoon and prata got increase or not?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serves some of these stall owners right..

Every time a PAP big shot Minister or MP comes to their Hawker Ctrs for visits, some of these CB kias can be seen smiling and posing for pictures with these Pappy Scums.. After these photos were developed, some stall owners even hang these photos on the signboards of their stalls..

Let me teach this CB kia por lumpar stall owners who now KPKB about the hike in cleaning fees..

Next time a PAP scum Minister visits a Hawker Centre with his Por Lum Par entourage and order makan or drinks, stall owners should put urine inside these food and drink.. If no time to urine, then use own saliva also can..

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow! Holland Village hawker centre renovated until so swee. Even NEA don't increase, pappies will find ways to increase.

Price sure increase. It is only a question of how much. :o

Otherwise the portion may reduce dramatically to cover the cost. It is a question of how little will be a serving be. :(

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter, someone has to pay for it. The gabernment confirm will not absorb. I m more concern how much of the increased fee goes to the cleaners.

Bro IHP, sorry, think the cleaners don't get much if any. Mostly go into the pocket of their greedy and PLP grassloot boss. :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every time a PAP big shot Minister or MP comes to their Hawker Ctrs for visits, some of these CB kias can be seen smiling and posing for pictures with these Pappy Scums.. After these photos were developed, some stall owners even hang these photos on the signboards of their stalls..

Bro zeddy, I make it a point to avoid these stall. We should all boycott it the same.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That place, very much the rest of the red dot, is swee on the outside. Inside food not so swee.

Rather eat at the kopitiam across the street bro.

Next time come back jio me, we go makan at frog's old haunt. :biggrin:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Serves some of these stall owners right..

Let me teach this CB kia por lumpar stall owners who now KPKB about the hike in cleaning fees..

Next time a PAP scum Minister visits a Hawker Centre with his Por Lum Par entourage and order makan or drinks, stall owners should put urine inside these food and drink.. If no time to urine, then use own saliva also can..

Yeah, these fucktards por lumpar puts up the 超级白's photo like machiam 门神.

Serve them right and im sure if they wind up their stores, the NEA will have no problem renting them to 超级白's favourite pest.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro zeddy, I make it a point to avoid these stall. We should all boycott it the same.

Yeah, these fucktards por lumpar puts up the 超级白's photo like machiam 门神.

Serve them right and im sure if they wind up their stores, the NEA will have no problem renting them to 超级白's favourite pest.

They put up these photos at their stalls machiam like taking photos with superstars.. KNN..

Now these stall owners KPKB at the hikes but Lan Lan they'll still pay..

No use goin to their MPs for help because the next time these Pappy Scums visit their stalls, the owners will still pose for photos smiling widely with these bloodsucking MPs..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the CPIB (or some other watchdog group) audits the account books of NEA, I'm quite sure some very interesting things can be dug up.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought such jobs are shunned by Singaporeans & that's the reason they brought millions of unskilled & unqualified foreign workers to do work that are shunned by Singaporeans and these helps keep the operating cost super duper uber low?
Or has all these millions of foreign workers also shunned the work & armed with their fake degrees become foreign talents & later foreign trash & subsequently turned just trash & now with the excess load of trash in SIngapore, NEA have to increase the cleaning charges just so they can still have the trash but keep the places clean?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say they will built more hawker centres and keep their rental low, but now it seems they are going to kill them with their cleaning fees.