• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

info on asylum

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better Canada lah

Aussie full of racist crap admire Singapore system wont recognize asylum also 10% GST all cost more expensive than Singapore you must be very rich to tahan in Australia but Canada better cheaper lor

You are right. Canada has no racist. Australia has loads of racists like me. Everytime I see ke-lang or chinx speak the Singlish, I asked them to fcuk off to Singapore. Singapore give asylum seekers FT visa to screw the unproductive lesser mortals. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Australia full already. Go somewhere.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because not everyone is cheap?

Of course not everyone is a cheap charlie but if you are on a holiday time is precious.

Why waste your time visiting a city state with only shopping malls? One can go elsewhere with malls AND other interesting attractions :confused: It may surprise some Sporeans but malls are very common outside Spore :biggrin:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would take the 12 million number with a grain of salt :biggrin:

I've met some of these so call "visitors" on my return trips to Spore.

Many are just in transit, while enroute to Indonesia, Australia,..... At the airport, they are offered quickies, short excursions into Spore.

i agreed on this too, visitors does not necessary means that they are here to spend... some may be here to earn money instead...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agreed on this too, visitors does not necessary means that they are here to spend... some may be here to earn money instead...

Whenever I'm in KL's golden triangle I can see large crowds of "tourists" wandering about buying stuff. Same thing with MBK in Bangkok.

Spore used to be popular with the tourists but that was in the past. Nowadays when I talk to Indonesians they tell me Spore is expensive. They can get alot of the same things cheaper back home.

When even Sporeans go on shopping trips to Bangkok. You know that the PAP has spoilt the local market :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Canada, some provinces have a lower tax rate than others. Can check the different rates here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_Canada#Provincial_sales_taxes

More importantly the Canadian & provincial gov't does not tax food bought at supermarkets i.e. groceries. Also excluded are health related services & medicines.

Many business offer seniors a discount e.g. university fees, public transport, cinema tickets,.. Many provinces also do not tax child related items such as clothing, school books,.....

Healthcare insurance is also very reasonably priced. For senior citizens & low income, it is even free:eek:

There are plenty of adult education oppurtunities at the many community colleges, vocational institutes, universities, etc

In Spore they charge gst on everything, also have radio/TV licence, & the hidden taxes such as water conservancy fee, ERP, COE, public transport cost, utility prices, etc. Health care is only for those who can afford it

Instead of Finland, PrataMan and Lim Boon Heng should have gone to Canada.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of Finland, PrataMan and Lim Boon Heng should have gone to Canada.

What would they do in Canada:confused:

Is it coincidence that they are going during the Xmas festive season?

In Europe they could make alot of side trips which I'm sure they are going to do: checking their bank accounts, shopping, visiting family & friends, etc

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What would they do in Canada:confused:

Is it coincidence that they are going during the Xmas festive season?

In Europe they could make alot of side trips which I'm sure they are going to do: checking their bank accounts, shopping, visiting family & friends, etc

They could learn from the Canadian model instead of asking us to work till 68, something LBH picked up from the Finnish model.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They could learn from the Canadian model instead of asking us to work till 68, something LBH picked up from the Finnish model.

PAP has been around for decades. They've never hesitated from sending people to visit other countries to learn about their methods & systems. If they wanted to implement 'affordable' programs they would have done so by now.

However somewhere something changed, arrogance set in & so did their priorities. They started forgetting about Spore & Sporeans and the ideas of Spore Inc & PAP millionaires became common.

From being copycats, some in the PAP started to believe their own propaganda, that what they were doing was "original" and that they deserve to be paid millions.

LKY went around lecturing people to adopt the "Spore system" :eek:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP has been around for decades. They've never hesitated from sending people to visit other countries to learn about their methods & systems. If they wanted to implement 'affordable' programs they would have done so by now.

However somewhere something changed, arrogance set in & so did their priorities. They started forgetting about Spore & Sporeans and the ideas of Spore Inc & PAP millionaires became common.

From being copycats, some in the PAP started to believe their own propaganda, that what they were doing was "original" and that they deserve to be paid millions.

LKY went around lecturing people to adopt the "Spore system" :eek:

Here's an interesting contrast:

"I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn't be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn't be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters - who your neighbour is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit, or what language you use. We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think." - Lee Kuan Yew

""I did very little. All I did was to try to prevent some of the things that might undo it." - Sir John Cowperthwaite

Hong Kongers have (had?) the freedom of expression that is foreign to Sinkie sheep. Their MTR is better than our MRT. We have Fann Wong. They have Faye Wong. Mouthpiece likes to show off the fact that Spore has the highest density of millionaires in the world. Guess what? Hong Kong has the highest density of billionaires in the world. All these without artificially inflating the GDP with rich, high net worth immigrants. So much for the "Singapore model" :rolleyes:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course not everyone is a cheap charlie but if you are on a holiday time is precious.

Why waste your time visiting a city state with only shopping malls? One can go elsewhere with malls AND other interesting attractions :confused: It may surprise some Sporeans but malls are very common outside Spore :biggrin:

Indeed, I was in HK a couple of months ago. Its definitely a better shopping city compared to Singapore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn't be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn't be here, we would not have made economic progress,

Despite all his glib speeches, it's what LKY has done that people will judge LKY and his family:rolleyes:

We are still in the dark about the billions & billions of tax payers money lost, pocketed, wasted,...? Unlikely we will ever get our CPF back. PAP is still running up a bill that future generations will have to pay off :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, I was in HK a couple of months ago. Its definitely a better shopping city compared to Singapore.

Malls have become a dime in a dozen, you'll find them everywhere, in KL, BKK, .... & HK . In Bangkok you can even find Ferraris being sold :smile:

Spore has become a "me too" place AND the dubious distinction of being the most expensive place in this region.

Locals & tourists know this and prefer to go elsewhere.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Almost everything can be of two types, real and fake. When I suggested "find a wife there," I meant the real type. If anyone wants to bend or break the laws, that's neither my suggestion or problem.

I think maybe you've watched too many Green Card kind of movies. It's getting easier now (even if fake) by claiming falling in love over the internet. There's no requirement to know each other's intimate personal details. Immigration can't probe that. Even total strangers are allowed to be married by blind matchmatching. The only requirement is living together under one same roof and sleeping together on the same bed. Easily proved since they can't insist of seeing the couple copulate.

Where u get your info from? Its so far off the mark. Now, they want to see all your letters to each other or emails to each other. They want to see how long u have known each other, whether the emails or letters are of a courtship nature, how u met, etc. If u say u met each other in school, they want to have prove. And they don'y buy that blind matchmaking shit anymore. Its called mail brides in the US. The INS agents will visit your place in the middle of the night to make sure u are both in the same place. I know one guy who actually went through all of this. He paid the angmo girl USD$20K. They had to set up house for 3 years, than he got a divorce from her and kept his US Citizenship. U think so easy, u go an try.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hi, I have a saf charge to answer for. What are my chances of seeking asylum in Canada or Australia? Is getting really mentally tired for me to live here. I really wish to seek a living elsewhere if possible.
Will be most grateful if someone can provide me with info here or thru pm.

Need more info, can't provide u advice based on this info.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no requirements for a couple who are in love to correspond or send emails, write letters, keep receipts of flowers bought. I think you are watching too many movies.

All that they are looking for is to reconcile their respective stories and indication and evidence of a marriage. The onus is on the authorities to prove that it is not and it is very difficult.

Some stories are simple and some complicated. I am sure that the vast majority get through.

The authorities cannot handle arranged marriages typical of those from the sub-continent. In such cases, both sides seek an annulment. Some other nationalities have cotton on and now use "match making agencies".

Where u get your info from? Its so far off the mark. Now, they want to see all your letters to each other or emails to each other. They want to see how long u have known each other, whether the emails or letters are of a courtship nature, how u met, etc. If u say u met each other in school, they want to have prove. And they don'y buy that blind matchmaking shit anymore. Its called mail brides in the US. The INS agents will visit your place in the middle of the night to make sure u are both in the same place. I know one guy who actually went through all of this. He paid the angmo girl USD$20K. They had to set up house for 3 years, than he got a divorce from her and kept his US Citizenship. U think so easy, u go an try.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The answer is no. There are first world countries that have nationals service as well. Many people have the notion that political asylum is quite readily given and it is not. Facing any charge including being conscientious objector is not considered. I know one case, the guy claims that he was granted asylum but the church actually got him PR thru normal sponsorship but used the asylum bullshit as propoganda.

The Marxist conspiracy folks found out the hard way that it is not what it seems to be.

hi, I have a saf charge to answer for. What are my chances of seeking asylum in Canada or Australia? Is getting really mentally tired for me to live here. I really wish to seek a living elsewhere if possible.
Will be most grateful if someone can provide me with info here or thru pm.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no requirements for a couple who are in love to correspond or send emails, write letters, keep receipts of flowers bought. I think you are watching too many movies.

All that they are looking for is to reconcile their respective stories and indication and evidence of a marriage. The onus is on the authorities to prove that it is not and it is very difficult.

Some stories are simple and some complicated. I am sure that the vast majority get through.

The authorities cannot handle arranged marriages typical of those from the sub-continent. In such cases, both sides seek an annulment. Some other nationalities have cotton on and now use "match making agencies".

So you are saying a marriage cert is all you need?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. It getting the right marriage certificate using the right agency. There is nothing to reconcile with the past when the marriage arises from match making. The trick is to hold it together until the annulment. The Indians and the Filipinos have been using it for years. Match making is not prohibited by law. That is how rich businessman emigrate to 1st world countries

If however your storyline is that you fell in love, you then expose yourself too many queries. In match making, there is no love and no history to start with. Genuine couples now find it easier to use the match making route as it so much easier than undergo some 3rd degree interrogation from a low level immigration agent with no sex life.

The trouble is with many of us watch too many movies.

So you are saying a marriage cert is all you need?