• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indonesian maid claims employer slapped her, pulled her hair

Hideyoshi Toyotomi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indonesian maid claims employer slapped her, pulled her hair

November 22, 2012 - 1:20am

By: Syahirah Anwar

018fca98.jpg

TNP PHOTOS: Ariffin Jamar

Within a month of starting work at the home of property agent Daliana Abdullah (above), Indonesian maid Puteri Andanari, 26, was allegedly abused by her employer and the latter's 80-year-old mother.

Miss Puteri told the court she was slapped, had her hair pulled and her head slammed against the wall by Daliana, 44.

Daliana's mother, Maimunah Ahmad, has pleaded guilty to three charges of voluntarily causing hurt, but Daliana has claimed trial.

Read the full report in The New Paper on Thursday (Nov 22).

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121123_174852_sph_maimunah_ahmad.jpg

The New Paper
Saturday, Nov 24, 2012
SINGAPORE - The 80-year-old burnt the maid with a heated cooking utensil, leaving a mark on her arm.

She also hit her multiple times with clothes hangers and other cooking utensils.

The 26-year-old maid, Miss Puteri Andanari, told the court yesterday that six days after she arrived at her employer's home, the elderly woman, Maimunah Ahmad, told her she didn't like her.

"I was uncomfortable because grandmother (Maimunah) told me that she didn't like me... She also pinched my mouth.

"I then informed Daliana and told her to transfer me if I was not suitable for her family," she said.

On Monday, the wheelchair-bound elderly woman pleaded guilty to three charges of voluntarily causing hurt.

One of the charges will be proceeded on, while the other two will be taken into consideration.

In mid-November 2009, Maimunah pressed a heated cooking utensil against Miss Puteri's right upper arm twice, leaving a burn mark.

When Maimunah saw the injury on the victim, she quickly applied toothpaste on it.

However, the injury worsened the next day and blisters formed.

She then put medicated oil on the burn.

In Miss Puteri's testimony on Tuesday and yesterday, she claimed that Maimunah had rubbed dried chillies on her hand.

Witness

Miss Puteri also claimed that Maimunah witnessed the alleged acts of abuse by her 44-year-old daughter, Daliana Abdullah.

Maimunah was supposed to be in a joint trial with Daliana, but had decided to plead guilty.

Her case will be heard again in court on Dec21.

If found guilty, Maimunah can be jailed for a maximum of seven years and/or fined.