• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In search of a new Otak Stall leader ...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forums.delphiforums.com/otak69/messages?msg=757.1

<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - In search of a new Otak Stall leader ...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">otak69 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">12:26 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>757.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Dear Bros,

Recent events have caused me to re-evaluate the timeline for the re-building of our community. I've to bring forward the event timeline by a week.
Thanks to kuTuL's excel chart, the number of posting in our community has growth is now very close to Sam's new SBF. I have no intention for this to be the sole ex-SBF Delphi Forum around, so it is in the community's best interest to have at least another one around just in case a forum gets closed.
We have to look forward. And that means making the right preparations today.
After SBF's abrupt migration to vbulletin on 6 August, we started with 2000+ page views a day. Today, we have grown to 12,000- 14,000 page views a day. On an average day, there are easily more than a 100 registered forummers logging in. This obviously excludes those who just browse this forum as guests. Thanks to the numerous selfless contributions of fellow bros here, we now have sufficient critical mass for a lively forum. In that respect, I feel that Phase I of our re-building process, which is the regathering of lost bros, is progressing well so it is appropriate to set the groundwork for the start Phase II.
sm%20100.jpg

Phase II of our community's development will be the expansion phase. In this phase, we will need to expand our readership and to protect this forum from the various challenges. There is a lot to be done and is definitely needs a team to get it going.
Resources needed:
  1. Forum host – From amongst you, we need a new forum host who is more aggressive to take over the reign from me. I know myself; I'm good at defence, but I don't have the heart to go for the kill when opportunities arise. As such, I am now the limiting factor for the growth of this community.

Beyond this, we need a committed leader who will take up this cause of promoting free speech online. That person should be a well-known ex-SBF forummer whom we can trust. As a rough guide, I'd expect to hear from those whose nicks are registered before 2007.

So, from 30/8/08 – 6/9/08, any bro who is interested in stepping forward, do send me a private message and we can discuss this further. Those who are no sure, but interested in this role can also email me for an informal chat.
  2. Forum package – The cost of forum hosting is not high, and the page views per day should cover the costs of running it. So, financially, I figure this forum should be should be self-sustaining based on ad revenue. But nevertheless, a credit card's detail is still needed to upgrade the forum's membership from Basic to Premium. Once we have Premium facilities, we can get functions like the ability to move folders about, move threads about, more moderation features and to appoint forum moderators.

3. Forum moderators – It is best that the forum host appoints a small team of moderators to moderate the forum. Perhaps 2-3 is a good number. There are particular features available which are quite useful to nullify the various forms of psyops operations from competitor's and the pappies' Internet Brigade but it needs the presence of moderators.
With these changes, I believe that we would have evolve to a more robust system that will set a good foundation for the long term growth of our community.
When we embark on phase 2, whether or not we continue to use this Otak Stall is irrelevant. What is critical is for fellow bros to support the idea of free speech online and the right to speak up when things go wrong in our own backyards.
So if you have the interest to serve, please send me an email and we can discuss things further.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My recommendations for trusted nicks....

ahbengsomg, pylae, boss_schwei, cheapjustice.... all the same person and he can be trusted.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: