• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'm proud to be S'porean cause...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - I'm proud to be S'porean cause...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>3:09 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 40) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>17579.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Proud to be a Singaporean because country offers ex-offenders a second chance
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Wednesday's report, 'From teen gang member to future cop'. I must say this is one of the many reasons I am proud to be a Singaporean. Singapore believes in giving former law offenders a second chance.
I have often heard of companies rejecting job applicants just because they had a criminal record. It pains me that this still happens in our modern society. Are we so backward that we must brand those who made mistakes in their lives? Does meritocracy no longer matter? Does it mean these people are 'hopeless', no matter how hard they work or study?
Singapore believes itself to be meritocratic, where one is recognised based on one's ability rather than one's background. I do not see why this cannot be applied to ex-offenders. When we are young, we tend to be rash in our decisions, so mistakes are bound to happen. However, it is when we learn from these mistakes that we become better people. Granted, these ex-offenders made worse mistakes than most, but who is to say they cannot become better people after their ordeal?
I believe everyone deserves a second chance. If these ex-offenders are able to realise their mistakes and repent, I am sure they can work as well as anyone, and maybe better.
Which is why when the Ministry of Home Affairs granted a former gangster a Home Team Merit award, it has set an example for Singapore to follow - that everyone deserves a second chance.
Maxine Wee (Ms)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.tutorinsingapore.com/tut...12&PHPSESSID=78d6a6f0c22faa7829885189d2acda0a

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#999999><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD colSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD bgColor=#ffffff width="15%">Maxine Wee </TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff width="6%">
</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff width="7%">

F​
</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff width="25%">
Temasek
</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff width="25%">
Nanyang​
</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff width="9%">
</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff width="13%">2008-08-19
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=5> </TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top colSpan=2 align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top colSpan=5>I've been giving Japanese tuition for more an a year. All my students have had 100% passing rate in the JLPTs and 'O' Levels. Have experience in teaching children aged 7 all the way to working adults aged 39.

Hurry and book a timing with me as due to the overwhelming number of students, I probably will be raising my fees soon!

I am willing to teach the following:
for the serious learner:
- Basic Japanese ($20/hr)
- JLPT 4 Preparation ($20/hr)
- Intermediate Japanese ($25/hr)
- JLPT 3 Preparation ($25/hr)
for the fun-of-it learner:
- Conversational Japanese ($20/hr)
- Written Japanese ($25/hr)
- Learning Japanese through Songs ($20/hr)

(all lessons include lessons on Japanese culture)

I will provide the textbooks, worksheets and exam papers for a small fee as well.

My background: I'm current a student studying Media and Communications at NanYang Polytechnic. I've been learning Japanese for 5 years and represented Singapore for Japan's and Singapore's 40 years of diplomatic ties celebration in the year 2006. To remain current on Japanese culture, I visit Japan every year. I've been teaching Japanese tuition for more than a year. For my teaching methods, I incorperate the use of worksheets, tests, games and songs.

For more information, email or msn me at: [email protected] I will get back to you on the same day.

My latest offer:
Teenagers learn Japanese FAST! You won’t learn as much in normal schools!
Adults, learn to communicate with your Japanese clients IN JAPANESE!
Teenagers! Want to learn Japanese Conversational Slangs? Not taught anywhere else!
Everyone! Learn Japanese etiquette, customs, traditions and culture!

$30/h for private one-to-one coaching
$20/h each if 2 – 3 Students per class
$15/h each if 4 - 5 Students per class
*If more than 25hrs, 30% OFF

Play Games! Listen to Songs! Watch shows! Have fun and learn AT THE SAME TIME!
You choose the location, you choose the time.
(Any time between 7am to 10pm *Only from Aug 25th to Oct 10th)

Maxine Wee
http://www.geocities.com/tsubasatuition/
</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top colSpan=2 align=middle>
photo.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top>Race</TD><TD>Chinese </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top>Subject</TD><TD>Biology, Combined Science (Chem, Bio), Combined Science (Phy, Chem), English, Math, Physics, Science, Social Studies, Japanese </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top width="15%">Region</TD><TD width="83%">Admiralty, Aljunied, Ang Mo Kio, Balestier, Bedok, Bendemeer, Bishan, Boon Lay, Boon Keng, Braddell, Bukit Batok, Bukit Merah, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Timah, Buona Vista, Chai Chee, Changi, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Commonwealth, East Coast, Eunos, Frankel, Geylang, Holland, Hougang, Hume Ave, Jurong East, Jurong West, Kallang, Katong, Loyang, Macpherson, Marine Parade, Marsiling, Newton, Novena, Orchard, Outram, Pandan Gardens, Pasir Ris, Paya Lebar, Potong Pasir, Punggol, Queenstown, River Valley, Rochor, Seletar, Sembawang, Sengkang, Serangoon, Serangoon North, Siglap, Simei, Tampines, Tanjong Pagar, Tanglin, Telok Blangah, Thomson, Tiong Bahru, Toa Payoh, Whampoa, Woodlands, Yew Tee, Yio Chu Kang, Yishun </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width=115>
Tutoring Time
</TD><TD width=39><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=30 bgColor=#999999 height=10><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#5c9a7b height=10 width=17> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>
Rate (SGD$)
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#999999 align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD width=35>
</TD><TD width=35>
Mon
</TD><TD width=35>
Tue
</TD><TD width=35>
Wed
</TD><TD width=35>
Thu
</TD><TD width=35>
Fri
</TD><TD width=35>
Sat
</TD><TD width=35>
Sun
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff>
am
</TD><TD class=blue bgColor=#ffffff>
</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff>
pm
night
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 bgColor=#999999 align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD rowSpan=3>1 on 1 <TD height=20>Home Visit <TD width=80>SGD$ 15 - 40 </TD><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=20>Tutor's Studio <TD bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=20>Online Help <TD bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Online Help</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>E-mail</TD><TD>
tutor-20080819122337.png
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Website</TD><TD>http://www.geocities.com/tsubasatuition </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD height=20>Address</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD height=20>Tel</TD><TD>96262026 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>