• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you hire a female, and within a month, she is .....

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you hired a female, and within a month, she is .....pregnant for 3 months.

That means she work for about 8 months, before she goes off to give birth and take 4 months paid maternity leave. During that 4 months, u still have to hire a replacement.

Worst is if she comes back from maternity leave and resigns for a better offer elsewhere. Does that make the company a big time sucker?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie. I thought there is a thing called medical check up before hiring? Or you are just a sinkie.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I usually give 2-3 months probation period.

If pregnant just tell her "Congratulation; Bye bye"

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
She would use the 4 months maternity leave to go for job interviews in another company, while your company is paying her full salary!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>
If you hired a female, and within a month, she is .....pregnant for 3 months...if she comes back from maternity leave and resigns for a better offer elsewhere. Does that make the company a big time sucker?

she can get pregnant within a day but to let her join a company when she's 3 mths preggy, then either the company does not req medicals or the woman is the doctor's wife / mistress. Tell her to join after her maternity leave :*:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sorry but because of such attitudes, that's why Singaporeans do not want to have children and the government is seizing on this to try to replace us with foreigners. If Singaporean bosses do not want to take care of our own, then why blame the government? I agree that it is shitty to have this kind of situation but bosses can stop hiring women who just returned from maternity leave to stop this behaviour.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
exactly why you do not hire a female that are possible to get pregnant soon.
especially in singapore, where you can hire FT easily, they are cheaper too.

That means she work for about 8 months, before she goes off to give birth and take 4 months paid maternity leave. During that 4 months, u still have to hire a replacement.

Worst is if she comes back from maternity leave and resigns for a better offer elsewhere. Does that make the company a big time sucker?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sorry but because of such attitudes, that's why Singaporeans do not want to have children and the government is seizing on this to try to replace us with foreigners. If Singaporean bosses do not want to take care of our own, then why blame the government? I agree that it is shitty to have this kind of situation but bosses can stop hiring women who just returned from maternity leave to stop this behaviour.

Good suggestion. But in a world of self-interest i doubt that will work.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
We solve this problem over here for full-time empoyees that has at least 12 months of employment here before full benefits are given.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. any preggy must declare that she is preggy on the job application form.
3. and during the job interview even though the interveiwer may have missed such important point.
4. or else she is lying through her teeth hoh:biggrin:
5. this is definitely breach of trust that may lead to dismissal leh.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Solution: stop hiring women.

Female employees also tend to job-hop more often than their male counterparts, and they also take more days of MC.