• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you are 35 and above, good luck!

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Gerald,

Obversely you have not heed PAP call for an Engineering degree, where you could have a future in an Ang Mo country. IT belongs to Ah Neh territory with low pay.

Regards,

Getloud

Last edited:

oldmalaybird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am 65 this year. Learn use internet, can talk with friends, good no ?

Good long time, I make a lot of money do my own business. Now see young people make money business also no heart big small. I very smart man, ITE higher nitec, my time good very certificate, all no certificate you know no?

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually we have a very good way out of this cheaper foreign-labour phenomenon "Start your own Business"
Working for people is work, working for yourself is also work. Why work for others ?
Start your own business and make use of the "cheaper foreign-labour phenomenon"

"Cheaper foreign-labour phenomenon" is worldwide. You've seen videos of England's subway quarrels bt Foreigners and the locals. Many countries are affected by 3rd world countries & China labour Invasion..

1. $50 to register a company.
2. HDB can be use as Business address as long its office/paper work type of use.
3. Good infrastructure, roads , internet, etc..
4. Work Part-time till your business pick up then go full-time.
5. One of the safest & peaceful country in the world for doing business.
6. Best place to be rich: good food, shopping, cheap labours ..etc
7. There are actually many government scheme in helping small/medium business to upgrade/finance etc..

One word be "ENTERPRISING"

More pew pew less complain ;P
or
At least More pew pew then complain :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if he voted for the PAP:confused:

Looong time ago I wondered about where Spore was going with it's high prices, high taxes(especially the CPF) & low wages. The majority of people were more interested in where to holiday, latest car models, where the latest places to eat,...... Few were interested in discussing politics & where the PAP policies was heading

With so many foreigner now in Spore it's hard ignore the problem. For those who still support the PAP, it's only a matter of time before you will be made redundant, require expensive medical care,....

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope Gerald become more 'Seng Mok' and find a job soon and preferably not IT since it's cheaper for employers to hire FT.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You know he is a loser when he admires Gilbert.

What a loser. I am 41 this year and also in the IT line. I just switch jobs 3 months back and had 2 others offering the same salary I was asking for. In IT line U cannot stop upgrading, paper chasing. I suggest the guy go upgrade himself with the latest cert. Unless U are in management, the min U stop U become obsolete. 35 nia make so much noise.

Also stop posting in that loser blog. That's where losers go

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Actually we have a very good way out of this cheaper foreign-labour phenomenon "Start your own Business"
Working for people is work, working for yourself is also work. Why work for others ?
Start your own business and make use of the "cheaper foreign-labour phenomenon"

"Cheaper foreign-labour phenomenon" is worldwide. You've seen videos of England's subway quarrels bt Foreigners and the locals. Many countries are affected by 3rd world countries & China labour Invasion..

1. $50 to register a company.
2. HDB can be use as Business address as long its office/paper work type of use.
3. Good infrastructure, roads , internet, etc..
4. Work Part-time till your business pick up then go full-time.
5. One of the safest & peaceful country in the world for doing business.
6. Best place to be rich: good food, shopping, cheap labours ..etc
7. There are actually many government scheme in helping small/medium business to upgrade/finance etc..

One word be "ENTERPRISING"

More pew pew less complain ;P
or
At least More pew pew then complain :wink:

Just want to point out 1 issue in your list. If you use your HDB address as an office address, you will not find many clients willing to deal with you, unless you are talking about those eBay traders or freelance designers. Or a website selling supplements.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i wish to be a hokien mee seller.
i use charcoal. i use big prawns. i use the best ingredients. sotong, lard and belly pork...
i am prepared to work hard.
sell $5 a plate. do you think i can survive? i see some hawkers can support a family of 5 people - easily.
hawkers can be lucrative - if you strike the right place and have the right ingredients. and support base.
i see all the successful hawkers very arrogant and very howlian - no hew one!!!

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...simi lanjiao cert from RMIT? Come Loyang lah...sell backside, confirm if hardworking, can earn more than what master. Be master of selling backside & servicing your customers. You can also be towkay.

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wish to be a hokien mee seller.
i use charcoal. i use big prawns. i use the best ingredients. sotong, lard and belly pork...
i am prepared to work hard.
sell $5 a plate. do you think i can survive? i see some hawkers can support a family of 5 people - easily.
hawkers can be lucrative - if you strike the right place and have the right ingredients. and support base.
i see all the successful hawkers very arrogant and very howlian - no hew one!!!

Stop dreaming hawker. Learn a skill and get a proper job. If hawkers can be rich, then the old men who walk around collecting cardboard must all be millionaires.