• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If Li Lian can win 54%, do you think Nicole Seah can win more percent?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like 75%?

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like 75%?

as long you dun put her against amicable woody...60% is possible!!

all other oppositions parties can close shop leow...

go and join WP!!! and give yourselves a higher chance of winning one seat!!

on one condition, don't be extremists lah!! it is not really too hard not to be one!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe the top dogs at WP will scared Nicole Seah will overshadow them mah...............

wonder why she join NSP..................i've never heard of NSP until 2011GE...............i voted for her though !

but then again, i'll even vote for NSP if they send out a team of cockroaches..............

Last edited:

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually disagree.

Many of the voters in Punggol East voted for the party first and the candidate second.

They see WP as a credible brand. And after deciding that they felt comfortable with the party, they turned to the candidate, who won people over with her heartlander charm.

Nicole Seah will not see any success if she remains with NSP. In the first place, NSP lacks shrewd political strategists. In 2011, had NSP fielded Nicole, Tony and Hazel along with a minority candidate and Goh Meng Seng in Tampines, they would have had a high chance of winning. Especially since Mah Bow Tan was very unpopular then.

However,they chose to spread out their resources and make up the numbers with ghouls who no one had ever heard of, and who not even remotely electable. That was their pitfall.

In the first place, NSP's strategy has never been to actually try and win an election. They planned to enter Parliament through the NCMP route. At least that's what Hazel and Tony felt, and that was why they had huge disagreements with KJ back in the Reform Party. They are even more moderate than WP.

You will not see Nicole Seah elected unless she joins WP.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually disagree.

Many of the voters in Punggol East voted for the party first and the candidate second.

They see WP as a credible brand. And after deciding that they felt comfortable with the party, they turned to the candidate, who won people over with her heartlander charm.

Nicole Seah will not see any success if she remains with NSP. In the first place, NSP lacks shrewd political strategists. In 2011, had NSP fielded Nicole, Tony and Hazel along with a minority candidate and Goh Meng Seng in Tampines, they would have had a high chance of winning. Especially since Mah Bow Tan was very unpopular then.

However,they chose to spread out their resources and make up the numbers with ghouls who no one had ever heard of, and who not even remotely electable. That was their pitfall.

In the first place, NSP's strategy has never been to actually try and win an election. They planned to enter Parliament through the NCMP route. At least that's what Hazel and Tony felt, and that was why they had huge disagreements with KJ back in the Reform Party. They are even more moderate than WP.

You will not see Nicole Seah elected unless she joins WP.

A nice analysis. But how do you judge voters mindsets whether they voted for party or person?

NSP is a third rate party yes. But Nicole is not the WP kind,

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they voted for the PERSON, honestly, Koh Poh Koon or even Kenneth Jeyaretnam are better on paper than Lee Li Lian.

The fact is that they made up their minds to support WP, which means that they would back the WP's candidate UNLESS he/she was totally unacceptable.

Ask yourself this: if Dr Koh was the WP candidate and Lee Li Lian was the PAP candidate, who do you think would win?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they voted for the PERSON, honestly, Koh Poh Koon or even Kenneth Jeyaretnam are better on paper than Lee Li Lian.

The fact is that they made up their minds to support WP, which means that they would back the WP's candidate UNLESS he/she was totally unacceptable.

Ask yourself this: if Dr Koh was the WP candidate and Lee Li Lian was the PAP candidate, who do you think would win?

If they vote for the person KJ would have gotten less. KPK would still not have won.

Candidates reversed? There would be a recount. Both would get 49%

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think voter vote due to wp brand
I suspected wp would have won also if they sent out a Bus Driver
That why i am a bit worried come 2016

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sorry but I must respectfully disagree.

The litmus test is whether the results would have been different if Koh and Lee Li Lian switched parties.

I firmly believe that if Dr Koh was the WP candidate, and Lee Li Lian was the PAP candidate, Dr Koh would have won.

Similarly, if Desmond Choo was the WP candidate, and Png Eng Huat was the PAP candidate, then Desmond Choo would have won.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with alantan at #14.

the groundswell is so bitter that it was quite irrelevant as long as the voters got a chance to spit in the PAP's face for their policies.

obviously nobody is paying attention to them except the WP.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Nicole Seah wants to carve out a success career in Opposition politics, she needs to join another party.

The NSP just doesn't cut it as a credible force. The way opposition politics is shaping up, it looks to be either WP or a combination or hybrid collection of SDP, SDA,SPP,RP and NSP. I wouldn't be surprised to see a consolidation of some of the opposition parties because currently, as they stand, they will make zero difference to the political landscape in 2016.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like 75%?

This one must ask GMS, they worked quite "intimately" in the last GE. After that, you need to discount about 70% of what GMS said, and derive your final answer based on guts feel.

SongBoh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I firmly believe that if Dr Koh was the WP candidate...

That is unlikely to take place. The profile of KPK do not jive with the image of WP. He seemed too stuck up, high & mighty, over confident and stiff - just like most PAP candidate.

LLL has a very down to earth personality. Her missing front tooth, her N level are some imperfections some folks can associate & connect with. Very often it is not the paper qualification or the profession, it is the ability to connect with the voters which LLL did very well while KPK flopped big time with all his fumbles - 2 cars, sympathy votes, $11.50 chopsticks, etc etc.

The WP branding is important. But the candidate is more important just as so many are talking about Nicole Seah.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Nicole Seah to have any success, she needs to dump that BelMonte biscuit first. He is a liability.

This I agree completely. The guy is extremely immature. That said, I would argue that NS only has an appeal among a certain segment of voters. She and her team in Marine Parade appeared to do well only because her opposite number TPL was highly unpopular.