• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ICBC is now offering 3.15% on its FD!!!!!!!

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you support China banks when they are funding people such as George Yeo to influence Singapore policy makers to pivot towards China communists and Russia ?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
tiongs very hard up for usd. will give it a higher interest rate than any other currencies, especially their own cny or rmb. due to high demand by tiongs for usd, cny hits the psychological and prc control barrier of 6.9cny to 1usd.

Not true. My banks in China are offering less than 0.15% for USD fixed deposit and more than 1.75% for RMB deposits. I used to get like ~6% for my USD fixed D there while RMB fixed D was about 4-5%. So there is a huge push in the bank to dump USD for RMB. I've been moving my money to Singapore since the rates there are no longer as attractive.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 11.32.03 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 11.32.14 AM.png

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. My banks in China are offering less than 0.15% for USD fixed deposit and more than 1.75% for RMB deposits. I used to get like ~6% for my USD fixed D there while RMB fixed D was about 4-5%. So there is a huge push in the bank to dump USD for RMB. I've been moving my money to Singapore since the rates there are no longer as attractive.
Unless your amount is insignificant, otherwise, it is definitely not easy to move large amounts of funds out of China.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

View attachment 160666View attachment 160667
you think banks in prc dare to openly offer better rates for usd than rmb in this current economic and political climate? they do so outside prc like in sg. in the underground money laundering market between prc and hk the exchange to hkd from rmb then from hkd to usd is thru the roof so much so that ccp is trying to clamp down on that lobang.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless your amount is insignificant, otherwise, it is definitely not easy to move large amounts of funds out of China.

Another myth. You'll have no problems moving money out of China if you're a foreigner and you can proof your source of funds. I used the adjective "moving" because I cannot move large amount at one go due to banking restriction of $100,000 RMB per day.

Last edited:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

Okay, I guess it's subjective what is significant so both of us are right. US$2m is considered "not a lot" to many Chinese I know who buys properties in Shanghai/ Beijing like they are buying a 2nd car :frown:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another myth. You'll have no problems moving money out of China if you're a foreigner and you can proof your source of funds. I used the adjective "moving" because I cannot move large amount at one go due to banking restriction of $100,000 RMB per day.
RMB100k = S$20k = US$14k = Pathetic.

Last edited: